Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,256 Times in 1,247 Posts

Default Re: Dieter Wiesner-chanel on youtoube

I'm sure he's going to try and profit in some kind of way. The way the description above is worded makes me wonder what kind of footage he's planning on releasing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Culture changes, fashion change, customs change, great music is immortal." - MJ

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SarahJ For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,744 Times in 2,910 Posts

who knows barbee. but it certainly could be a pre emptive strike as u say its a strange thing to release

i dont think weisner had many if any success bar his leaching off mj. he has a criminal past in germany thats about as far as his fame goes

Quote Originally Posted by barbee0715 View Post
    So maybe he's planning to bring a law suit against the estate for unpaid management fees-like everybody else-and he's disputing that Michael was on drugs when he agreed to it. This would be a first step, I guess, by posting a very coherent video.

I'm not that familiar with him, but it seems like all his recent money making endeavors recently have been failing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 724
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,837 Times in 3,033 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elusive moonwalker View Post
    i dont think weisner had many if any success bar his leaching off mj. he has a criminal past in germany thats about as far as his fame goes

I remember the book he was trying to put out in conjunction with Joseph-but never heard anything else about it, so sure that fell through.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Needs money, and Dileo's book is naming names so, a head start and if he can do it I can too deal,Yall he was under distress you can see by the way he's talking, he's reading it off of something someone is holding off camera, plus the glasses says it all he was on something and looks in pain.
    Last edited by T S 36; 09-02-2015 at 09:09 PM.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,041 Times in 2,207 Posts

What year is this? Looks like 2002 to me.

Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,055 Times in 7,438 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Electro View Post
    It's kind of obvious that Michael recorded himself. He was probably just to lazy to go through paper work.
    The last part is impossible.

Power of attorney is a written document that requires a signature. So lazy or not, Michael or not, everyone has to go through the paper work.

A video isn't required but is recorded when parties believe or have a reason the power of attorney can be challenged. so a video is recorded to show that the person is of sound mind and was capable when they signed the power of attorney.

I also want to remind everyone here that when Wiesner sued Michael and Michael had to sit for a deposition he said he was using pain medication and he was impaired and didn't remember giving power of attorney.

So if you believe Michael's words, it's safe to assume that he indeed was using pain medication and Wiesner recorded him to use it if anyone challenged the power of attorney.

Relevant info

Jackson, speaking with a lawyer in the clip, alleges he was so high on prescribed medicine in 2003 he could not remember signing a contract with Wiesner, who was suing him for $67.5 million (£45 million) for fraud and breach of contract.

The lawyer asks Jackson, "Were you under the influence of drugs or alcohol that impaired your ability to understand what you were doing?"
    Jackson replies, "It could have been medication, yes,"
    prompting the attorney to probe, "Okay, what medications were you taking in about January of 2003?"
    The star answers, "It could have easily been pain medication because I had some serious injuries on tour,"
    and the lawyer continues: "And so is it your testimony that you gave power of attorney to Dieter Wiesner and Ronald Konitzer when under the influence of prescription medication?"
    Jackson insists, "Could have been - probably. Probably, yes."
    Twitter : Ivy_4MJ

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivy For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OnirMJ View Post
    What year is this? Looks like 2002 to me.
    It is January 2003.

There's actually very interesting events surrounding it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ivy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 724
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,837 Times in 3,033 Posts

^^So how did that law suit come out? Did Wiesner use this video to dispute Michael's testimony in deposition?
    Or do you think he's trying to resurrect an old law suit?

I'm just trying to figure out the motive behind posting these videos to YouTube. It's odd.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ivy View Post
    It is January 2003.

There's actually very interesting events surrounding it.
    MJ doesn't look high on medications on that video. He actually looks pretty great. Or at least fine. How that lawsuit ended? Who won, did MJ had to pay him those $67.5 million (£45 million) or any amount of money?

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elusive moonwalker View Post

you think mj filmed himself giving someone power of attorney. im more inclined to believe weisner wanted it filming as proof for when a lawsuit happened down the line as giving someone p.o.a isnt the norm. ontop of weisner having a copy although he may have got that copy if mj made it via the lawsuit. Personally i see no gain in mj filming it himself but i see every gain in weisner doing it for the long run
    This seems plausible. There would have had to be a written and signed document in addition to this, and I see no gain for Michael in having the video, actually, whereas in case the POA were somehow contested, the video would be to Weisner's advantage. I do remember the deposition where Michael said he may have been impaired/on medication during that general time-period. If that was the case, then probably Weisner wanted the video for insurance that giving him POA really was Michael's intention. I find the video to be eerie, though.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barbee0715 View Post
    ^^So how did that law suit come out? Did Wiesner use this video to dispute Michael's testimony in deposition?
    Or do you think he's trying to resurrect an old law suit?

I'm just trying to figure out the motive behind posting these videos to YouTube. It's odd.
    Wiesner case had been settled when MJ was alive. It didn't go to trial. I don't think this is about a lawsuit. Most probably he is trying to profit from the videos / recordings etc he has.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

MJ doesn't look high on medications on that video. He actually looks pretty great. Or at least fine. How that lawsuit ended? Who won, did MJ had to pay him those $67.5 million (£45 million) or any amount of money?
    out of court settlement. no one knows the details of the amounts or payments.

It's important to remind that Michael did not claim to be totally impaired. In his deposition he claimed to take pain medications due to the bridge accident and his impairment "comes and goes". He claimed he did not remember signing any agreements or power of attorney though.

The interesting events I was mentioning was a letter from Barry Siegel. He sent a letter to Michael saying the money from the loan on Sony/ATV was running out and financially he would be in a bad situation. Siegel wanted a meeting with Michael, Branca, McClain, Modabber, Green to discuss the options. At that time Wiesner was talking to Michael about some of his ideas such as MJ Universe, Marvel etc that some people call as "hot-air projects" - meaning impossible to happen. So Michael hired Wiesner and partner and then fired his rest of the team. Then none of the projects ever happened (and couldn't happen to start with) and money started to go missing as Legrand testified. An overall mess.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivy For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

At that time Wiesner was talking to Michael about some of his ideas such as MJ Universe, Marvel etc that some people call as "hot-air projects" - meaning impossible to happen. So Michael hired Wiesner and partner and then fired his rest of the team. Then none of the projects ever happened (and couldn't happen to start with) and money started to go missing as Legrand testified. An overall mess.
    Can you please explain why you call them "hot-air projects" and projects that couldn't happen to start with? Marvel purchase was a possibility, right? MJ had enough money for it? What went wrong with that?

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Can you please explain why you call them "hot-air projects" and projects that couldn't happen to start with? Marvel purchase was a possibility, right? MJ had enough money for it? What went wrong with that?
    He didn't have enough money for any of it. Marvel was sold for $4 billion in 2009, MJ Universe - or second Neverland - was to buy a $80 Million property and add to that. So that's why any of it did not happen and hence "hot-air projects" aka not realistic. You have on one hand Barry Siegel that sends a letter to Michael saying you don't have any cash and then on the other hand you have Wiesner projects requiring tens of millions.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ivy For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

He didn't have enough money for any of it. Marvel was sold for $4 billion in 2009, MJ Universe - or second Neverland - was to buy a $80 Million property and add to that. So that's why any of it did not happen and hence "hot-air projects" aka not realistic. You have on one hand Barry Siegel that sends a letter to Michael saying you don't have any cash and then on the other hand you have Wiesner projects requiring tens of millions.
    Yeah, but in 1999 or so (I think MJ wanted to buy Marvel in late 90's not in 2003) Marvel wasn't worth $4 billion.

"In 1991 Ronald Perelman, whose company, Andrews Group, had purchased Marvel Comic's Parent corporation, Marvel Entertainment Group (MEG) in 1989, took the company public. Following the rapid rise of this stock, Perelman issued a series of junk bonds that he used to acquire other entertainment companies, secured by MEG stock. Then, by the middle of the decade, the industry had slumped, and in December 1996 Marvel filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. In 1997, Toy Biz and MEG merged to end the bankruptcy, forming a new corporation, Marvel Enterprises."

I think it was that time period.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to OnirMJ For This Useful Post: