Frank Dileo...a book seems to be coming...

Paris78

Proud Member
Donations
$240.00
http://pagesix.com/2015/02/07/*****-underwent-plastic-surgery-to-not-look-like-abusive-dad/

Ivy retweetete
MJJ News @MJJNews · Frank Dileo was to set records straight about Michael. A book is being written by his former partner: http://pge.sx/1Ikgb3Z (thx @LidJack )

Michael Jackson’s late former manager Frank DiLeo is coming out with a bombshell, beyond-the-grave book promising the truth about everyone who manipulated Michael — plus revelations that the star underwent dramatic plastic surgery because he couldn’t bear to look like his father.

DiLeo, who passed away in 2011, was with the superstar during the 1980s and again just before he died in 2009. The book, “DiLeo: I Am Going to Set the Record Straight,” is being put together by his longtime business partner, manager and producer Mark Lamica, using DiLeo’s personal journals and audio and video recordings.

The book reveals that Jackson went through all that painful surgery and skin bleaching because he couldn’t stand looking like his dad, Joseph Jackson, who Michael said abused him as a child.

Lamica told Page Six of the reason for Michael’s surgery: “Michael told Frank in a phone conversation that he couldn’t bear to see his father’s face when he looked in the mirror. Frank had told him that he needed to stop changing his face, because he was becoming unrecognizable to his fans.

“Michael was emotional and told Frank, ‘I gotta cut him away, I’ve got to remove him. I still see Joseph when I look in the mirror, I have got to cut him away.’”

Lamica added, “Michael couldn’t be near his father. When he would show up during the ‘Bad’ tour, Michael would have panic attacks.”

Lamica, who is in talks with two publishers for a fall release, said DiLeo — who played gangster Tuddy Cicero in “Goodfellas” — had asked him to put the book out if anything happened to him.

He died following complications from heart surgery at age 63.

The book also promises to name and shame all of those who ripped off and used Michael, including some big names in the music business.

It will include details of his dealings with his record label, his Neverland Ranch deal with Colony Capital, plus a shocking mob hit on Michael that was stopped by DiLeo.

It will also lift the lid on the deal for his “This Is It” tour and the final difficult months of Michael’s life.

504r4n.jpg

I thought this book was pretty much cancelled after he passed on? Yeesh... well, hopefully it's positive, unlike the way this article presents it.

I think Tookie cared about MJ so I'll hope for the best here.

I hate to be cynical about it, and I would have loved to have read a book by Frank, if he were alive. But as soon as I got to the part about "skin bleaching", I have no doubt that this guy can add anything he wants to since Frank is gone. I highly doubt that Frank wrote or said anything of the kind, unless he did a "Quincy Jones 180" on everybody.

I also googled Lamica since his name sounded familiar and he's the same one that has been accused of concert fraud for 1.3 million in a town in California as well as trying to promote a 35 million dollar musical show in Vegas based on Dileo's life. And he has some kind of connection to "Sisterella." Nothing good came up.

Maybe somebody else can find something promising.

I think we all know exactly what this book will be like. thats a new one. release a new book by someone whos been dead years and fill it with complete trash in their name. thats a new low but of course un surprising spin frank spin

A book written by someone who's not here to be questioned; about someone who's not here to defend himself. Think I will give it a miss.

Does DiLeo's family have something to say about this?

respect77;4072762 said:
His daughter did, in 2013:

<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 0px; border: medium none; position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" allowfullscreen="" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
@tinklove05 it wasn't finished. But I think we are going to finish it for him, and include stuff that happened after he past away!
— Belinda Dileo (@belindadileo) September 26, 2013
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Today, she retweeted some other tweets about the book, so I assume she is supporting it if not actively involved.

<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 0px; border: medium none; position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" allowfullscreen="" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-1" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Me & Mark Lamica #RainbowRoom sharing great memories of Dear friend #FrankDileo loving,loyal #MichaelJackson manager pic.twitter.com/x2KSrIbhs3
— Melissa Prophet (@melissaprophet) February 8, 2015
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 0px; border: medium none; position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" allowfullscreen="" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-2" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Michael Jackson underwent plastic surgery so he wouldn't resemble his abusive dad, said *****'s late former manager http://t.co/17tNpZbA7v
— Page Six (@PageSix) February 8, 2015
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

His daughter always said that the book will be eventually released. Apparently Dileo finished some parts of it but wasn't able to complete it. Dileo's daughter had said they (her mother as well) would complete it and release it.

Last edited:
I hope it does come out. I really respect Frank Dileo , he had Michael's back and cared for him like a son. RIP Frank

I loved hearing Frank's memories of Michael in This Is It bonus features, and the footage of him & Michael from VHS tapes etc. are so cool! fingers crossed his words will not be twisted.

I hope it does come out. I really respect Frank Dileo , he had Michael's back and cared for him like a son. RIP Frank
I agree about that. I loved Frank for that exact reason and I was thrilled when he was finally officially back in Michael's life.

That's my problem with it. I don't want a bunch of tabloid trash coming out, claiming to be Frank's words. Frank would never stab Michael in the back.
I'd rather them publish his unfinished drafts and letters.
I am just basing my opinion on this article. I hope I am wrong.

I hate to be cynical about it, and I would have loved to have read a book by Frank, if he were alive. But as soon as I got to the part about "skin bleaching", I have no doubt that this guy can add anything he wants to since Frank is gone. I highly doubt that Frank wrote or said anything of the kind, unless he did a "Quincy Jones 180" on everybody.

I also googled Lamica since his name sounded familiar and he's the same one that has been accused of concert fraud for 1.3 million in a town in California as well as trying to promote a 35 million dollar musical show in Vegas based on Dileo's life. And he has some kind of connection to "Sisterella." Nothing good came up.

Maybe somebody else can find something promising.

Indeed.

How will the reader be able to decide what are Dileo's words and what are Lamica's? It truly does not matter in my view. Dileo inserted himself into both the AEG and the AGE dealings before Michael passed and profited from both. I personally do not see him as more favorable than any other employee in Michael's life.

I assume Lamica should be considered trustworthy despite his previous actions detailed above only because he promises more unsubstantiated tales about Michael.

Utterly baffling.

I agree about that. I loved Frank for that exact reason and I was thrilled when he was finally officially back in Michael's life.

That's my problem with it. I don't want a bunch of tabloid trash coming out, claiming to be Frank's words. Frank would never stab Michael in the back.
I'd rather them publish his unfinished drafts and letters.
I am just basing my opinion on this article. I hope I am wrong.

Yes. Publish what he finished himself and Frank's journals and call it a day. I'd love to hear about the Thriller days and when Frank showed up to support MJ at the trial.

Always liked Frank, and did amazing business for Michael in the day. Seemed to be a good friend.

A book written by someone who's not here to be questioned; about someone who's not here to defend himself. Think I will give it a miss.

Well said. The project sounds really dubious. Who are these 'business partners' of dileo - do they need money? We know that publishers demand anything on mj to be sensationalised and so you require a really strong author with integrity to protect mj's rep but instead here we just have former business partners of mj's former manager.

As for the little snippets they've released to whet publishers' appetite - why on earth would the mafia order a mob hit on mj? what had he done to them?? And dileo saved mj from being killed? It all sounds a bit unbelievable.

I wonder how many names their really gonna reveal, without getting sued that is.

Belinda Dileo @belindadileo · 22h 22 hours ago
@codycattle54 No, I would never let anyone guess about anything! This is the real deal! My dads words!!

Belinda Dileo @belindadileo · Apr 16
@gsummers1972 Yes, my Mom is the process of finishing them off, adding the ending of the story!

I don't know how I feel about this. Of course I'd like to see what Frank had to say, but like others, I'm also wondering if this guy isn't going to add or twist things just to make it more juicy.......

I don't see Frank Dileo as being any different than any of the other people that used Michael for their own personal gain.

I don't know how I feel about this. Of course I'd like to see what Frank had to say, but like others, I'm also wondering if this guy isn't going to add or twist things just to make it more juicy.......

Thats what im afraid of

Another book to worry about i agree Frank is not here to defend himself no telling what this book is about.and this is my second time hearing about the mafia and Michael name being mention that why this book worry me. Yes i also agree Frank is no different then anybody else writing a book on Michael to get money.

The maffia story seems to be a bit out there. I wonder what other ways the book will be spiced up...

I guess people tweet with Belinda. Don't know if anyone here does, but has anyone had the nerve to ask her about this skin "bleaching" reference?
Just curious. That just doesn't sound like something Frank would say.

What more can be said about the skin "bleaching" we have heard it all. I do not think Frank would say anything about that in this book he knew how much that hurt Michael when the ppls said he was bleaching his skin just like OW said in her interview with Michael about his and he said it was a skin problem and they use makeup to cover it up but ppls still believer the skin "bleaching".

I agree that I can't see him saying that at all, but this article from his con-man partner implies he did. So wondering what Belinda says about that.

She may say that wasn't from her dad and made up by the Post. If she says her dad did say it, or she doesn't know, we know not to bother reading that book.

I agree that I can't see him saying that at all, but this article from his con-man partner implies he did. So wondering what Belinda says about that.

She may say that wasn't from her dad and made up by the Post. If she says her dad did say it, or she doesn't know, we know not to bother reading that book.

You are right.

We know that papers like to take things out of context to sensationalize them. So let's wait for what is actually in the book. Let me say though that there is something very similar to this on the Glenda tapes - ie. MJ telling Glenda that he did not want to look like Joe.

I'm not rushing into judgement until more info comes out about it, but there is no way of knowing, unless they plan on showing Frank's writing or tapes of him speaking, that those are actually his words. Getting so tired though of them always talking about his appearance. And I have doubts about that convo between Frank & Michael. In that context at least.

Paris78;4072737 said:
DiLeo &#8212; who played gangster Tuddy Cicero in &#8220;Goodfellas&#8221;

Frank was in Goodfellas?! Jesus I didn't even notice. Absolute masterpiece of a movie that is.

Back