Michael Jackson wax figures unveiled in Beijing China

mkgenie

Proud Member
China.org.cn, January 29, 2015

Singer Jason Zhang unveiled three Michael Jackson wax figures in the Beijing branch of Madame Tussauds on Wednesday.

001372a9ae27164681f035.jpg

Singer Jason Zhang unveils three Michael Jackson wax figures in the Madame Tussauds Beijing branch with Wang Rui (L), general manager of the venue in Beijing on Jan. 28, 2015. [China.org.cn]

Jason Zhang (Zhang Jie) is a big fan of Jackson, who inspired his music career. He was invited as a special guest to unveil the wax figures.

"The wax figures are so real," Zhang said, adding that he couldn't believe his eyes. One figure is made based on Jackson's image from his early career in The Jackson 5. The other two are from "Dangerous" album era.

Zhang also noted that he went to the United States to visit a New York hotel and stay in Michael Jackson's suite for a while. He also went to Las Vegas to see Jackson's Cirque du Soleil show "One" and even stopped in at the American Music Awards to receive the International Artist of the Year, mentioned Jackson as his idol and sang a clip of "Heal the World."

"I have been a fan since high school," Zhang said, "Michael taught us how to love the planet, love children and how to deal with everything with a pure heart. He inspires me to keep a pure heart when I make music and pursue my dream. And he is a memory from my youth."

The event opened with three Jackson impersonators: Zhao Junlong, Wang Jingyuan, and Wang Zicheng moonwalking to the singer's classic tunes.

General Manager of Madame Tussauds Beijing Wang Rui said she was honored to have three Jackson figures at the venue. She also shared a lovely story with fans, saying "When Michael visited one of the Madame Tussauds in 1998, he fell in love with the clothes on his wax figure made by our designers. He immediately took off his own clothes, and exchanged them with the ones on the wax figure. The next day, he wore the wax figure's clothes and went out."

There are 19 Michael Jackson wax figures in 20 venues around the world, , Wang said, second in number only to Queen Elizabeth II, which indicates how much the people of the world love Michael Jackson.

She noted that the day also marked the 30th anniversary of the charity song "We Are The World," written by Jackson and Lionel Richie and recorded along with more than 40 American superstars.

Normally every Madame Tussauds venue exhibits one Jackson figure. The trinity special exhibition tour is rare and will only stay in the Beijing Madame Tussauds for three months.

Madame Tussauds Beijing branch, owned by Merlin Entertainments Group, opened in May 2014 on Qianmen Street, a landmark pedestrian street near Tiananmen Square. The Beijing attraction is the fourth Madame Tussauds in China. The previous three are located in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Wuhan.

001372a9ae271646816911.jpg

Singer Jason Zhang poses with three Michael Jackson impersonators at the ceremony to unveil three Michael Jackson wax figures at the Madame Tussauds Beijing branch on Jan. 28, 2015. [China.org.cn]

Video:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODkxNDE3OTI0.html

source and more photos:
http://www.china.org.cn/arts/2015-01/29/content_34685580.htm

Little Mike looks good! Wonderful to see that his legacy keeps on living!

I thought these were already in London? Are they replica's of those?

They look pretty good...especially the one to the right. Wax figures are usually nightmares.

Back