Does anyone have the article where Diddy talk about working with MJ?

chanel05

Proud Member
Hi guys,
I'm struggling to find the article where Diddy talks about working with MJ and it not going to well.
Does anyone have it?

Do you remember what magazine or website or year? I can try to find it for you. (I'm not familiar with it. :no:)

Do you remember what magazine or website or year? I can try to find it for you. (I'm not familiar with it. :no:)

Thanks
I know it had to be late 90s. I assumed he was referring to the Invincible sessions.

I'm glad nothing ever came out from MJ and Diddy. I never particularly cared for Diddy. I only like 1 song from him, and he borrowed the beat of it from The Police. (his tribute to Biggie)

Hi guys,
I'm struggling to find the article where Diddy talks about working with MJ and it not going to well.
Does anyone have it?

Personally, i remember vividly P. Diddy saying (after hearing some of the new, amazing songs that MJ was going to include on Invincible during a sneak preview) that there was no likelihood of using the songs he personally had already made for MJ's forthcoming album.

The one were he days that Michael taught him too "see" the beat?
It could be but the interview I'm looking for never mentioned that. It read as if he was upset

I'm glad nothing ever came out from MJ and Diddy. I never particularly cared for Diddy. I only like 1 song from him, and he borrowed the beat of it from The Police. (his tribute to Biggie)
Same here. He had a good ear for hits but isn't a great producer imo

Personally, i remember vividly P. Diddy saying (after hearing some of the new, amazing songs that MJ was going to include on Invincible during a sneak preview) that there was no likelihood of using the songs he personally had already made for MJ's forthcoming album.

I don't remember that interview but I'll keep searching

lol I'm assuming you're talking about the interview in which he said he liked to finish songs quickly and MJ liked to take his time, so they didn't get along so well, and he said MJ gave him dirty looks and the cold shoulder. I don't remember which interview it was, but going from memory I'd say '99/'00

Hi guys,
Does anyone have it?

I was referring to that one:

Quote from Puff Daddy

During an interview with French TV station MCM, Sean "Puff Daddy" Combs was asked whether he was going to be on Michael Jackson's new album. Sitting next to him was rapper Mase (who participated in the project). Here's what the popular R&B producer said:
"When I heard the stuff Michael has recorded for his new album... I'm not sure he's gonna use what we did because, you know, the songs I heard are so good..."

^^ I'd still like them to be released in the future.

lol I'm assuming you're talking about the interview in which he said he liked to finish songs quickly and MJ liked to take his time, so they didn't get along so well, and he said MJ gave him dirty looks and the cold shoulder. I don't remember which interview it was, but going from memory I'd say '99/'00

Yes that one. Lol
Then he said something about wanting to work with Janet.

I was referring to that one:

Quote from Puff Daddy

During an interview with French TV station MCM, Sean "Puff Daddy" Combs was asked whether he was going to be on Michael Jackson's new album. Sitting next to him was rapper Mase (who participated in the project). Here's what the popular R&B producer said:
"When I heard the stuff Michael has recorded for his new album... I'm not sure he's gonna use what we did because, you know, the songs I heard are so good..."

It's not this one. This is my first time reading this quote

Happy that nothing ever came of it. I can't stand Diddy.

Diddy is the sample king... I don't think that would jive well with an innovator like Mike!

264baa64b6a67855a3f7cf2dd92cca4b304873c9.jpg

Back