New footage of Michael reading to Prince and Paris

^^haha. Kids start talking. Michael slams book shut. Lol.

(It is adorable though-better than I used to picture it in my mind).

Pretty sure this footage is from a tape(s) it was/is going to be auctioned on eBay, if it was auctioned, it's bittersweet because those precious and heartwarming moments with their daddy belong only to Prince, Paris and Blanket, not to the rest of the world. :sigh:

This is too much for my heart. Heaven help me. OMG. Though I have to admit I laughed hysterically when Michael slammed the book shut lmao

So this person bought the tape? is this all we will see?

Don't you worry. The HD scans of the film reels with 7.1 dts master audio will be here any day now.

The book is My Brother Sammy by Becky Edwards, published 1999. (Sammy is autistic.)

the winner of the auction...?

Alternatively the seller, released it as a sample. Might be having difficulty since Ebay (or whoever) took down the auction or potential buyers not wanting to pay whatever (s)he wanted.

I haven't a clue if the tape has been purchased by someone else yet.

Pretty sure this footage is from a tape(s) it was/is going to be auctioned on eBay, if it was auctioned, it's bittersweet because those precious and heartwarming moments with their daddy belong only to Prince, Paris and Blanket, not to the rest of the world. :sigh:

I have to agree with you on this you are so right.

Before I can answer this. I wanna say that the video is just too adorable it made me giggle. If it was auctioned and I got the tape of that footage I would send it back to Prince and Paris at an instant.

I saw the footage on Facebook it's too cute :wub:

So cute. I could listen to Michael read anything :heart: Still a shame these videos are being auctioned off. His kids deserve to have these moments in their possession.

Don't you worry. The HD scans of the film reels with 7.1 dts master audio will be here any day now.

I can't stop laughing at the bus stop but it will be included on the mj private home movie 25 deluxe editon Sony said to me it will be complete with rare demo recordings of mj singing to his kids remastered

I can't stop laughing at the bus stop but it will be included on the mj private home movie 25 deluxe editon Sony said to me it will be complete with rare demo recordings of mj singing to his kids remastered

Yeah nah if it's not released in 8K with the audio remastered to 22.2 Dolby Atmos Surround Sound then I'm boycotting this shit.

LOL! When I read to my nephew I read it slowly and we look at the illustrations before we move on with the story.

Michael raced through this too quickly!

LOL! When I read to my nephew I read it slowly and we look at the illustrations before we move on with the story.

When one reads to a small child, looking at and talking about the pictures is as important (or more so?) than the words that are read. I'm wondering what else was going on when this video was taken?

ChrisC said:

When one reads to a small child, looking at and talking about the pictures is as important (or more so?) than the words that are read. I'm wondering what else was going on when this video was taken?

I was thinking the same thing as you two. It wasn't interactive. It does seem that MJ doesn't feel well with a cold. He does a cold-like sniff at one point. He might just be feeling poorly but is trying to do something with them to spend time with them. Maybe he really needed to be resting in bed and getting better.

Lot before that. book came out around 99 i think someone said. kids look 3 or so

I was thinking the same thing as you two. It wasn't interactive. It does seem that MJ doesn't feel well with a cold. He does a cold-like sniff at one point. He might just be feeling poorly but is trying to do something with them to spend time with them. Maybe he really needed to be resting in bed and getting better.

He seems quite annoyed, and yeah, looks like he has a cold. He may have been irritated about something not shown? We don't know who took the video?

As much as this footage is precious, I feel guilty watching it this is private footage of Michael reading to his kids. Is nothing in his life sacred :no:

Although is bittersweet, it's beautiful to see Michael being like any other normal dad. We knew he was of course, his own children told on interviews he was like any other dad but the best of the world. Paul McCartney tolf Michael one of his biggest regrets when The Beatles were together was not recording many important or special moments he lived with them, probably it's where it comes that reason of filming everything or most of his every day life, to re live it. Whoever took that tape, s(he) had no right to try sell it, Michael protected his children's privacy with tooth and nail.

Last edited:
Michael filmed everything, and had for many, many years prior to this. Why? I have no idea. I have my ideas, but without Michael's word, that's all they are. Anyway, since he filmed everything, I have no doubt he would have wanted this filmed. The question is, would he have wanted the whole world to see it? And do we have any right to be watching it?

My guess is probably no, and no.

Agree. I think he filmed things for personal use, for the memories. This one just seems intensely private. . . . .

If we don't like seeing precious, private moments like this, then why do we click the play button tho?

Back