Laura Chaplin about Michael

HIStory

Proud Member
11006463_10205967471529872_4577611743447457800_n.jpg

LAURA CHAPLIN: REMEMBRANCE
"Michael Jackson came three times to the mansion, he was like a child"

"I was about 12 years old when Michael Jackson came to the mansion. Subsequently, he called me almost every day to chat. He sent me incredible birthday gifts. Huge cartons. I went up on stage with him in Geneva. He was a great friend of the family. " During his first visit, MJ had landed by helicopter in the garden of the domain. "I was pretty impressed," said Laura. The King of Pop, too, but the big dogs. "We had nine dogs and he was afraid. We had to lock them up before it happens. "At the time of eating, seeing the big table, Jackson sat down with the children. "He was very shy. He was doing pirouettes in the garden. We played the PlayStation. He was a great kid. "Smile", composed by my grandfather was one of his favorite tracks "

"He was very shy" and "he was doing pirouettes in the garden."

Only Michael Jackson could have those two things said about him in the same sentence.

Wow. What a fantastic picture.

I can see Charlie's eyes in a few of them. Those big beautiful emotive eyes.

It's a lovely story and proves that he spent time doing the same activities with girls as well as boys. There's another myth busted! Thank you very much for this!

It's a lovely story and proves that he spent time doing the same activities with girls as well as boys. There's another myth busted! Thank you very much for this!

Just what I though.

Subsequently, he called me almost every day to chat. He sent me incredible birthday gifts.

And some of the media act like he only did this with boys.They love to ignore stories like this from girls.

He probably spent just as much time with girls as he did with boys but that doesn't fit with how they want to present him. Pisses me off!

This is Laura today (the blonde one), so I guess she's the blonde girl in front of MJ in the above pic.

Laura_Chaplin_2014-03-07_758.jpg

still waiting on the estate to get clearance from Charlie's estate to release the short film for 'Smile' can't believe nothing has been done about it yet, maybe for a future short film Blu-Ray release? i wanna see it regardless

And some of the media act like he only did this with boys.They love to ignore stories like this from girls.

How nasty they are ! It was groundless malicious and filthy magazines.
How sad these beautiful stories are distorted by them.

Michael would have been on the top of the world if he had the chance to meet one of his bigest inspirations and idol, Sir Charles Chaplin but I'm glad his family welcomed Michael with open arms and remained friends with him for many years. It's heartwarming reading these kind of stories from his friends indeed but at the same time I wonder why it didn't happen more often when Michael was here.

I read Michael wanted to use a CGI Charlie Chaplin version to dance with him but Charlie's Estate didn't allow it. I'd guess he could've used an scene from the Modern Times film. The Nonsense Song.

Ahh Charlie Chaplin. I love him so much, he always brings a smile to my face when I watch his timeless classic. He truly was a genius and a legend ^_^

I find it interesting too because his career was ruined in the 1940s after the FBI tried to make him out to be a communist, something he was not. Eventually the public began to believe them and his popularity began to wane. Sound similar to a certain someone anyone?

I read Michael wanted to use a CGI Charlie Chaplin version to dance with him but Charlie's Estate didn't allow it. I'd guess he could've used an scene from the Modern Times film. The Nonsense Song.

Oh how I love that scene :heart:

When did Michael suggest that? A CGI Charlie Chaplin would've looked horrifically bad if this was the 1990s or something... though I could see them inserting Michael into one of Chaplin's films. That would've been so so so awesome!! (kinda freaking out a bit at how awesome it would be ahhaha)

I'm not sure how believable the CGI idea was but I read a long time ago (probably no longer available) an article about Michael's desire to end up the HIStory album promotion in 1997 releasing Smile as the final single, actually few copies were made and some people could get them but Sony cancelled it because they were not willing to give Michael more money. The article said he also wanted to do a short film and had in mind to dance alongside Charlie making a CGI version of him but his Estate refused. I agree inserting Michael in any Modern Times scene would have been more plausible. Perhaps, in the final one since it's where Smile is played instead of Charlie's then wife Paulette Goddard. It'd had been quite epic to see those giant geniuses together like that.

Last edited:
Back