Your top 10 short films

analogue

Proud Member
1. Smooth Criminal
2. Leave Me Alone
3. Jam
4. They Don't Care About Us (Brazil Version)
5. Speed Demon
6. The Way You Make Me Feel
7. Remember The Time
8. Bad
9. Earth Song
10. Black Or White

What's your top 10 short films?

Smooth Criminal
Thriller
Jam
TDCAU (Brazil)
Scream
In The Closet
Give In To Me
Earth Song
Stranger In Moscow
Dirty Diana

Nice to see Jam on someone else's list too. I think that short film is really underrated

1. Smooth Criminal
2. Scream
3. Black Or White
4. Billie Jean
5. Thriller
6. Beat It
7. Earth Song
8. The Way You Make Me Feel
9. Remember The Time
10. Bad

1. Who Is It
2. In The Closet
3. Dirty Diana
4. Blood On The Dance Floor
5. Stranger In Moscow
6. Earth Song
7. They Don't Care About Us (Both versions)
8. Smooth Criminal
9. Give In To Me
10. Remember The Time

I so totally miss watching his videos.:( :boohoo

1. Smooth Criminal
2. Ghosts
3. Beat It
4. Bad
5. Remember The Time
6. Thriller
7. Who Is It
8. In The Closet
9. Scream
10. Leave Me Alone / Black or White

10 is too small number for this....

1. Ghosts
2. Scream
3. Smooth Criminal
4. Thriller
5. They Don't Care About Us (Prison & Brazil)
6. Remember The Time
7. BAD
8. Stranger In Moscow
9. Earth Song
10. Blood On The Dancefloor

Very difficult, very difficult indeed...

Last edited:
Can't decide because they are all unique and I love all of them:)

I am surprised that it has been left out from some peoples ranks

It's not a short film in the real sense, it has three songs in it. And the single edit is mainly from the 2Bad segment.

I've checked with my lawyers and you cannot include it.

It's not a short film in the real sense, it has three songs in it. And the single edit is mainly from the 2Bad segment.

I've checked with my eyes and the duration does not feel very long at all, when you are immersed in his genius

Smooth Criminal
Ghosts (full version)
Bad (full version)
Thriller
Leave me alone
Remember the time
The way you make me feel
Earth song
Black or white
Stranger in moscow

Very difficult to choose..!

1. Smooth Criminal
2. The Way You Make Me Feel
3. Bad
4. Thriller
5. You Rock My World
6. Another Part of Me
7. Give In To Me
8. Dirty Diana
9. They Don't Care About Us(either of them)
10. Black or White

This was hard. I haven't watched the full version on Ghosts yet.

It's a short film. It doesn't have to be a music video. :)

Last edited:
I am surprised that it has been left out from some peoples ranks

I'm still surprised that no one has included Cry yet. I mean come on guys, this is Cry were talking about!

If we're going to include Ghosts then we might as well include Captain EO also, right?

Smooth Criminal
Bad
Thriller
The Way You Make Me Feel
Beat It
Black Or White
Earth Song
Remember The Time
Leave Me Alone
Jam

If people want to include Captain E.O they can go right ahead. The MJ police isn't going to show up and arrest them

1. Remember The Time
2. Ghosts
3. Stranger In Moscow
4. Rock With You
5. Give Into Me
6. They Don't Care About Us- Prison Version
7. Who Is It
8. Scream
9. Billie Jean
10. Beat It

1. Smooth Criminal
2. The Way You Make Me Feel
3. Bad
4. Thriller
5. You Rock My World
6. Another Part of Me
7. Give In To Me
8. Dirty Diana
9. They Don't Care About Us(either of them)
10. Black or White
I ached over whether to include Another Part Of Me as I love it. It's such a great promo for the tour. I also considered You Rock My World because I actually really like the full-length version & love the cinematography & the whole color scheme, as well as the close-up moment of his feet when he's dancing on the bar counter, & also the dance that's reminiscent of Dangerous live. Nice to see those two included.

If people want to include Captain E.O they can go right ahead. The MJ police isn't going to show up and arrest them

Fair enough. I've just always seen them as separate standalone projects is all.

^ Good call on APOM.

I could watch that all day.

Curious at what position i would place 'Smile' if it wasn't ceased by the Chaplin estate.. we have to see it one day!

Curious at what position i would place 'Smile' if it wasn't ceased by the Chaplin estate.. we have to see it one day!

Did MJ make a video for Smile? - And if so how finished is it? Is it releaseable?

Did MJ make a video for Smile? - And if so how finished is it? Is it releaseable?

There was a photoshoot but I don't think there was a short film. Doesn't really make sense that they'd shoot a video (in which MJ wanted to dance with Charlie Chaplin through VFX) and only then ask for permission to use Chaplin's image.

Apparently it had a cease and desist order placed on it, a couple of days before the release.. i think there's a snippet in Private Home Movies! must be near finished

''The black-and-white photos of Michael Jackson are remarkable not only as previously unreleased images of one the last half-century's most photographed men. They also reveal much about the pop superstar's abiding impulses: his impish sense of humor, his fealty to yesteryear's master showmen and his concern about his own place in the pop culture firmament.

Sporting a threadbare black suit, pancake makeup and a miniature brush mustache, Jackson is a doppelgänger for Charlie Chaplin's "Little Tramp" character from 1921's "The Kid." The photos, taken in 1994 by Steve Whitsitt, were originally intended as a companion piece to the Chaplin-inspired video the director-photographer was shooting for "Smile" -- the cover of the silent comedian's famous song that appears on Jackson's "HIStory" album. But when the Chaplin estate issued a cease-and-desist order to stifle "Smile's" release as a video and single, Whitsitt abandoned the photos to his archives.''

Source
: http://articles.latimes.com/2009/dec/09/entertainment/la-et-jackson-opus9-2009dec09

Back