Donations to MJJCommunity

MJJCommunity

Staff
Guys this thread is just a gentle reminder, if you ever feel compelled to help us with our costs please use either of the below, any assistance is always greatly appreciated.

Here - https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=76W3GT84T6X9C

Or here - https://www.paypal.me/mjjcommunity

Both now take cards to so no need for a paypal account.

Also as a mark of thanks, we are going to bring back the donator group however it will not have any extra board functionality's other than a different badge and member colour.

Also, the donator bar will not be brought back as we don't want to be causing any pressure on members like previously as we realise that is not good for the atmosphere around here.

Thanks again and enjoy MJJCommunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

As part of the above, please if you can turn off your ad blockers for MJJC only, you can do this by simply clicking the adblocker icon and select 'don't run on pages for this domain'

We now rely heavily on these ads generating enough to help us pay for the server costs so that little edit in your browser goes a long way.

Best,
Team MJJCommunity

Reminder:

If members would like to assist MJJC with server costs, please use either of the methods below.

Any and all assistance is always greatly appreciated. MJJC is for all of you within the fan community.

Here - https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=76W3GT84T6X9C

Or here - https://www.paypal.me/mjjcommunity

Both take cards so there is no need to have a paypal account.

Thank you for your previous and ongoing contributions and support and please continue to enjoy MJJCommunity.

2, 4, 6, 8............

Here's a gentle reminder to DONATE!

Thank you so much, to those of you who continue to support MJJC, both financially and also by your presence. Every little bit helps.

:bow: :wub:

Mmmh, I still do not get this, but my bad, I guess:

As far as I understand, the monthly pressure to collect a certain sum of money by donation is gone, because this site now allows heavy advertisement. So, I guess that does not cover the costs anymore ...

How much money / donations does MJJC need each month? Also, is there a danger of the site closing down because of too many costs?

Or is there a thread where the new policy (?) is being explained?

Thank you! :kiss:

Mmmh, I still do not get this, but my bad, I guess:

As far as I understand, the monthly pressure to collect a certain sum of money by donation is gone, because this site now allows heavy advertisement. So, I guess that does not cover the costs anymore ...

How much money / donations does MJJC need each month? Also, is there a danger of the site closing down because of too many costs?

Or is there a thread where the new policy (?) is being explained?

Thank you! :kiss:

Hello, moonstruck87

There's no real pressure to donate, as donations are always voluntary, of course. There haven't been any policy changes, so there isn't really a "new policy", as such. Not at the moment.

This thread is just for gentle reminders, every so often, in case members (especially those who are here, enjoying the forum every day) would like to help out. Gaz is still paying for the running costs of the site (the server costs) out of his own pocket and he says they are expensive. We don't think the site is in danger of closing down because of it, but no one truly knows what the future holds. You will remember that ongoing server costs is the main reason that we lost PosMike.

I'm not certain how much money is coming in from advertisements....it's possible that this was an idea that was tried, but didn't work?? Gaz would be able to answer that question better than I can. From my own perspective, I actually have an ad blocker, which means that I don't see any advertising from any of the sites I visit and I assume that many, many other people use ad blockers as well. That means, ultimately, that sites often don't make much money from advertising. We tried that on Positively Michael, too and the income from advertising did not amount to much and doing it was actually more trouble than it was worth, I think.

I believe the donation target for server costs is $200 per month, SO..... just a couple of dollars per month (maybe $5 or $10) from a sizeable band of regular, or long time members, or any members at all..... would do the trick, easily.

I'm planning on taking the lead and donating a small amount of money to MJJC on the 25th of every month (Major Love Prayer Day) starting next month in June. Making it the 25th is an easy way to remember to do it regularly and I think it's a wonderful way to honour Michael's memory and show him my love in a tangible way. This is all for him, after all.

All for L.O.V.E.

Mikky Dee
The Admin Team

Hello, moonstruck87

There's no real pressure to donate, as donations are always voluntary, of course. There haven't been any policy changes, so there isn't really a "new policy", as such. Not at the moment.

This thread is just for gentle reminders, every so often, in case members (especially those who are here, enjoying the forum every day) would like to help out. Gaz is still paying for the running costs of the site (the server costs) out of his own pocket and he says they are expensive. We don't think the site is in danger of closing down because of it, but no one truly knows what the future holds. You will remember that ongoing server costs is the main reason that we lost PosMike.

I'm not certain how much money is coming in from advertisements....it's possible that this was an idea that was tried, but didn't work?? Gaz would be able to answer that question better than I can. From my own perspective, I actually have an ad blocker, which means that I don't see any advertising from any of the sites I visit and I assume that many, many other people use ad blockers as well. That means, ultimately, that sites often don't make much money from advertising. We tried that on Positively Michael, too and the income from advertising did not amount to much and doing it was actually more trouble than it was worth, I think.

I believe the donation target for server costs is $200 per month, SO..... just a couple of dollars per month (maybe $5 or $10) from a sizeable band of regular, or long time members, or any members at all..... would do the trick, easily.

I'm planning on taking the lead and donating a small amount of money to MJJC on the 25th of every month (Major Love Prayer Day) starting next month in June. Making it the 25th is an easy way to remember to do it regularly and I think it's a wonderful way to honour Michael's memory and show him my love in a tangible way. This is all for him, after all.

All for L.O.V.E.

Mikky Dee
The Admin Team

Thank you for your explanation! :)(y)

Back