A Michael Jackson Rock Album

kevin_1990

Proud Member
Who would have loved it if Michael done a full album just full of rock songs i think he would have made a great rock album as he did write some great rock songs like 'Beat it' and 'Dirty Diana'. and i heard alot of people saying alot of rock fans dont respect Michael they would have to after he wrote one of the greatest rock albums of all time.

im a rock fan and i think it would be one of my favorite albums of his what do u guys think would you have liked an album like that ?

Maybe an EP & you could add 'Give In To Me'/'Hollywood' (with guitar solo) + SWLM (Rock Version) and 'Another Day' (Original Version). Maybe their are a few rock style tracks left in the vault

yes 'give in to me' how could i forget that also im a big beatles fan but i would say Michaels cover of 'come togther' is alot better than the orginal Beatles version the guy defo had a rock album in him.

You could include the rock version of Chicago-(She Was Loving Me), and Another Day to that rock collection. I'd be interested for a rock album. :)

Who would have loved it if Michael done a full album just full of rock songs i think he would have made a great rock album as he did write some great rock songs like 'Beat it' and 'Dirty Diana'. and i heard alot of people saying alot of rock fans dont respect Michael they would have to after he wrote one of the greatest rock albums of all time.

im a rock fan and i think it would be one of my favorite albums of his what do u guys think would you have liked an album like that ?

I would have loved to have rock album from Michael as much his classical album that he was planning :clapping:

It is funny that it is rock fans that you say that didn't respect MJ. It is a bit generalisation as I'm rock fan and I most certainly respect him and so does many rock bands. Just look the tributes rock bands made to Michael when he passed and since then on.

NO. An MJ rock album is possibly the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard. Goodbye.

you don't enjoy his rock themed song's were he goes all out with his vocals? ''QUENCH MY DESIRE'' ''YOU'RE THE FIRE TO DESTROY, I CAN'T MAKE IT ANOTHER DAY''

I would have loved to have rock album from Michael as much his classical album that he was planning :clapping:

It is funny that it is rock fans that you say that didn't respect MJ. It is a bit generalisation as I'm rock fan and I most certainly respect him and so does many rock bands. Just look the tributes rock bands made to Michael when he passed and since then on.

I didnt say my self rock fans dont respect MJ im a rock fan to and i respect him its just i seen someone on here saying that rock fans dont respect MJ.

I didnt say my self rock fans dont respect MJ im a rock fan to and i respect him its just i seen someone on here saying that rock fans dont respect MJ.

Certainly there are people who prefer rock as the one and only genre, so they are kind of snooty towards pop or any other genre, just look what happen to Disco (I'm still sore about that:)).

Certainly there are people who prefer rock as the one and only genre, so they are kind of snooty towards pop or any other genre, just look what happen to Disco (I'm still sore about that:)).
Im still upset over the disco demise as well.

You all should watch the "history of Rock and Roll" doc. Six parts, I believe.Michael is all through it and just about every big name in Rock gives him credit for their success.

Last edited:
your quite rude arnt you why is it the dumbest idea ever he done some great rock songs take it 'Beat it' 'Dirty Diana' 'give in to me' are all dumb songs to ?

A whole rock album? No, that'd be stupid. It wouldn't sell correctly. Also, I hate Beat It, I LUV Dirty Diana, and I enjoy Give In To Me.

I think it would've been awesome. His voice being all raw and loud and such... pure ear candy. :woohoo: He could've had some guest musicians on there as well, like Slash.

of course it would sell whats so stupid about a whole rock album it would be something diffrent which he could do

I think it would've been awesome. His voice being all raw and loud and such... pure ear candy. :woohoo: He could've had some guest musicians on there as well, like Slash.

exactly and it will would have showed to the mass that he's not just good and doing R&B,pop Albums he could also make a great rock album too. take out all the fancy stuff and just have a raw rock album like you said.

Hmm...I love rock music and of course I love the rock songs MJ did, but I don't really see him as much of a rock artist. Of course I'd listen to it, since it's Michael, but I think I'd rather hear his classical album tbh.

i didnt mean him turning into a rock artist i just ment putting out a rock album as his self to put out something diffrent show he is the great at all diffrent types of music.

i like when he does his deep kinda raw voice shows that his voice isent all soft that he has a right strong voice. 'State of Shock' another rock song what about 'Streetwalker' to

I think of TDCAU as a rock song.

Yes it's more drum than guitar until the last part, but it's a rock vocal and a rock n roll vibe.

I think of TDCAU as a rock song.

Yes it's more drum than guitar until the last part, but it's a rock vocal and a rock n roll vibe.

Totally. And the guitar that is featured on it is pretty heavy.

I actually think Michael really excelled when he did rock songs and recorded more rock songs than a lot of people think.

Morphine
DS
Black or White (pop-rock)
Come Together
TDCAU
State of Shock
Give Into Me
Dirty Diana
Beat It
Privacy
Shout
Another Day
Whatever Happens (latin-rock)
Scream (industrial rock)

And even songs like Earth Song or We've Had Enough were like rock power ballads.

I think he had a great grasp of how to do rock and less we forget that one of his most signature hits was a rock song (Beat It). His gritty vocals were well suited to rock music. It never sounded forced or contrived, like MJ-trying-to-do-rock (think the song Fighter by Christina Aguilera, or even Black Cat by Janet for example). It always felt very natural when MJ did a rock track.

Michael was one of those rare artists - like Prince, or The Beatles - who could adapt to multiple different styles of music and still pull it off with as much passion and conviction as acts who are considered masters of those genres.

Last edited:
^ yes, as much as I love Janet's Rhythm Nation album, Black Cat sounds very much like "okay, we need a Beat It/Dirty Diana rock track on this album".

I think the Estate should release an album with only rock songs (both released and unreleased).

Back