Guns N' Roses former manager blamed Michael for the band's break up

Guns N' Roses ex-manager says an argument over collaborating with Michael Jackson is ultimately what fractured the relationship between Axl Rose and Slash. But Doug Goldstein says he knows how to fix it.
“In 1991, we were on the road, and Slash went to my office and said ‘I’ll be leaving tomorrow to play with Michael Jackson on a tribute concert,’” Goldstein told Rolling Stone Brazil. “I told him not to do it because Axl was molested by his father when he was 2, and he believed the charges against Michael Jackson.”
Slash refused to change his mind, later working with Jackson in the studio on the songs “Black and White” and “Give It to Me,” and developing an entertaining solo routine for their joint appearances. It’s something Goldstein said Rose never got over. “He thought Slash would support him and be against all abuse,” the ex-manager argued. “From the point of view of Axl, that was the only problem. He could ignore the drugs and the alcohol, but could never the child abuse.”
Slash has long since split with GNR, and Jackson has since died. So what would it take to heal this King of Pop-related rift? “Slash would have to apologize for the episode with Michael Jackson,” Goldstein said. “And I really believe … I’d be the manager to reunite them. I don’t think anyone else could do it.”

Read More: Axl Rose and Slash's Relationship Was Torn Over Michael Jackson, Ex-Manager Says | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-slash-michael-jackson/?trackback=tsmclip

Michael is the ultimate scapegoat, now it turns out he's the Guns N' Roses' Yoko Ono! :mad:

All his claims are bullshit because they started to collaborate in the Dangerous album in 1991 and the allegations emmerged in 1993. They didn't appear in a tribute concert. Isn't easier to say Axl's megalomanical and paranoic attitude had a lot to do with the break up instead?

^^this story just crossed my mailbox as well. Pleased to see that most commenters called out this "manager" for his bull and pointed out in 91 there were no allegations.

Also the story about Van Halen getting a million dollars for Beat it and Slash only getting a big screen Tv.
Everyone knows Eddie was paid with a few beers. He did it for free.

The music business is stuffed with egocentric liars.

Funny how they still use Michael's name for publicity and another five minutes of fame.

Exactly, Eddie himself said on interviews he did that Beat It solo guitar for free. Michael Jackson are the magic words to get attention, such pathetic fame whores!

No part of it sounds true. Like said MJ started to work with Slash long before the allegations. And Axl talked about MJ with respect even recently.

This is something Axl said last year when he was declared the "best singer" by some website:

From what I could tell, the original article was for the most part only talking about the professionally recorded vocal range of the singers they compared calling the entire group “The World’s Greatest Singers.” It’s very flattering and humbling to be included in such an illustrious ensemble.

If I had to say who I thought the best singers were, I’d say first that I don’t know there’s a definitive answer as in my opinion it’s subjective, and second that my focus is primarily rock singers.

That said, I enjoy Freddie Mercury, Elvis Presley, Paul McCartney, Dan McCafferty, Janice Joplin, Michael Jackson, Elton John, Roger Daltrey, Don Henley, Jeff Lynne, Johnny Cash, Frank Sinatra, Jimmy Scott, Etta James, Fiona Apple, Chrissie Hynde, Stevie Wonder, James Brown and a ton of others (predominantly 70’s rock singers) and would rather hear ANY of them anytime rather than me!

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/05/axl-rose-responds-to-being-incorrectly-named-greatest-singer-of-all-time/

Is Michael to blame on Zayn Malik leaving One Direction too?

FYI
https://twitter.com/gunsnrosesnews/with_replies

More added:

Michael Jackson Blamed for Guns N’ Roses Breakup? Fans Say ‘Just Beat It’

Six years after his death, rumors against Michael Jackson continue to develop, which makes many wonder if the pop superstar will ever rest in peace. On the heels of a recent announcement of alleged child abuse against the King of Pop, the former manager of rock band Guns N’ Roses now has accusations of his own, and states Jackson is the cause of the feud between Axl Rose and Slash.

VH-1 reports that former Guns N’ Roses manager Doug Goldstein blames the famous fight between the band’s lead singer Axl Rose and lead guitarist, Slash, on Michael Jackson. Goldstein states that when Slash decided to play with Jackson in a 1991 tribute concert, it caused the beginning of a long feud.

“In 1991, we were on the road, and Slash went to my office and said ‘I’ll be leaving tomorrow to play with Michael Jackson on a tribute concert.’ I told him not to do it because Axl was molested by his father when he was two and he believed the charges against Michael Jackson.”

Allegedly, Rose was devastated by the news of Slash playing at the tribute concert, which only got worse as the guitarist continued to work with Jackson. In addition, Goldstein claims that Slash played at the tribute concert in exchange for a big-screen television, which infuriated Rose even more.

“Everyone knew Eddie Van Halen received $1 million to play in ‘Beat It.’ So I asked Slash, ‘how much are you receiving? Can I manage this to you?’ and he said, ‘I’ll just receive a big screen television.'”

Yet, in the midst of molestation accusations that recently surfaced against Jackson, many are wondering if Goldstein is speaking out at this point in time for publicity. In addition, the first sexual molestation charges against Jackson occurred in 1993, two years after Slash performed at the tribute concert.

In 2012, Slash gave an interview on Piers Morgan Tonight, and going by his answers, it seems more likely that the Guns N’ Roses’ split happened due to creative differences and the direction that Rose wanted to take the band. Slash recalls that the “new” Guns N’ Roses band wasn’t meant for him.

“And it wasn’t even me necessarily leaving the band, it was not continuing on with the new band that Axl put together that he was now at the helm of, which was the new Guns N’ Roses. ‘I was given a contract to basically join his new band, and it took about 24 hours before I decided, ‘I think this is the end of the line.'”

Since then, rumors and speculations regarding feuds between Slash and Rose have continued to circulate. Yet neither Slash nor Rose have ever indicated that their issues were caused by Jackson.

Michael Jackson obviously cannot defend himself against the never-ending allegations, but what’s surprising is how much the King of Pop continues to get blamed for a variety of things, including breaking up bands, false molestation accusations, and a past history of secret affairs with nannies.

Regardless, Michael Jackson fans continue to stand by their idol and defend him from rumors. Currently, the Michael Jackson Facebook fan page has over 75 million members. Additionally, a fan-based blog provides in-depth details regarding unsubstantiated rumors against Jackson that began as far back as 1987.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1958696/mi...up-fans-say-just-beat-it/#cXiUdGHos6b0XGbW.99

Last edited:
Stupid fool should at least check his dates before using mj to get attention p****

How dare Doug Goldstein pointing fingers at Michael for GNR's breakup? Goldstein you B@$^@#%!!!

Yep, everything is Michael's fault lately isn't it? Didn't get what you wanted? Blame Michael. Couldn't go as far in your career as you thought you would? Blame Michael. For **** sake.

14122766388_8d6cb7cb92.jpg

Unless they mention "Michael Jackson" no-one will pay attention. Even when it has nothing to do with him. Hell it doesn't even have to be accurate.

I can't believe they tried it... wtf.

Also, guys like this were notorious with hooking up with under age groupies... but they're gonna have a fight over Michael Jackson? What logic is that? If you get upset about sexual abuse, be upset about your own self.

And Slash did get paid for working with MJ.

So exhausting to see people really still try stuff like this, anything for some media attention.

Gonna save this somewhere as proof that people will literally try and claim anything about MJ and the allegations purely for attention. Completely make it up, have their names attached, and ship it out, only for the attention of it.

It's so messed up, but is proof people thrive off this stuff.

Michael set his goal to break up every band out there starting with J5, then N'Sync and now Gun's and Roses:D

I wonder if some stage Beyonce comes out to tell that MJ told her to go solo:)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sl...-was-torn-over-michael-jackson-collaboration/

In a brand new interview with "Elliot In The Morning", the morning radio talk show hosted by DJ Elliot Segal, Slash was asked if there is any truth to Goldstein's claims.

"You know what?! I've been hearing a lot about this particular interview from a lot of people that he really pissed off," Slash replied (hear audio below). "And I've heard that. And I don't think there's any truth to that. I mean, obviously, the band stayed together for years after that whole thing. And it wasn't a big deal at the time. And if it did piss anybody off, it was something that went away. So I don't think it had anything to do with the original GUNS N' ROSES' demise."

Slash also explained that he doesn't go out of his way to read any of Goldstein's interviews that have to do with GUNS N' ROSES. "I don't wanna read or hear that guy's B.S., so I just avoid it," he said. "That way I stay sane. [Laughs]"

I think Guns N' Roses were cool with Michael. Axl listed him as one of his favorite singers, besides Slash, Gilby Clark appeared in the Give Into Me video, Andy Morahan directed the video and worked already with the Gunners.

Gosh it's like he just wanted to tell some big ridiculous attention getting lie for press.

I'm glad it got debunked so swiftly and quickly by everyone though.

Gosh it's like he just wanted to tell some big ridiculous attention getting lie for press.

I'm glad it got debunked so swiftly and quickly by everyone though.
Ex-managers are the worst, aren't they? Reminds me of that Weisner guy who recently wrote an autobiography. Everybody seems to think they are God's gift to the world-just full of themselves.

This manager see jealous and trying to use MJ name for PR. Wont work. I think we are the only ones giving this nut attention.

EDIT: Just realized this has been posted before with a different source.

Slash: Michael Jackson Collaboration Didn't Affect Relationship With Axl Rose

In a new interview, former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash has refuted claims that his ongoing feud with singer Axl Rose is due to him collaborating with Michael Jackson.

Earlier this week, former Guns N' Roses manager Doug Goldstein suggested that the pair had fallen out over the collaboration, which occurred in 1991, because Axl had been molested by his father and believed that the child abuse charges against Michael Jackson were true:

"He thought Slash would support him and be against all abuse. From the point of view of Axl, that was the only problem. He could ignore the drugs and the alcohol, but could never the child abuse."

In a new interview with "Elliot in the Morning," Slash as reacted to Goldstein's claims, stating that there isn't any truth to them:

"You know what?! I've been hearing a lot about this particular interview from a lot of people that he really p-ssed off. And I've heard that. And I don't think there's any truth to that. I mean, obviously, the band stayed together for years after that whole thing. And it wasn't a big deal at the time. And if it did p-ss anybody off, it was something that went away. So I don't think it had anything to do with the original Guns N' Roses' demise."

He also noted that he tends to avoid any interviews with Goldstein, saying: "I don't wanna read or hear that guy's B.S., so I just avoid it. That way I stay sane. [Laughs]"

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news..._didnt_affect_relationship_with_axl_rose.html

Last edited:
This s...t needs to stop:no:

I was watching a new documentary of Guns N'Roses and thought it was good until 1:12:40 mark

My question is that how they got the licence to use that footage, and why the heck the licence was given before it was checked what is going to be said ?

Who is that talking? This former manager of GNR?

Well, this is not the first and last documentary making untrue claims about MJ.

I dont think every licence belongs to MJ's Estate either. This may have belonged to a TV station or something.

^^where in the hell is this 168 days in a court doc come from? Is that the same lying manager?

Obviously he mixes up stuff he heard from here and there and makes up a whole new story from it.

That MJ drugged kids was the Arvizo's unproven claim - MJ of course never admitted to any such thing in any court document. I guess the 168 days claim is something that is twisted from what Karlee Barnes said about MJ and Brett sleeping approximately 365 days in the same room altogether while on tour (not in a row and not in the kid's house). She made an estimate but several times fans showed it's actually impossible so she was probably wrong. And of course Brett never claimed he was molested, anyway.

So this is just a mix of tabloid twists and soundbites that the guy made a whole new story of in his mind.

Well I know flat out it's not true and sounds like the flagrant lies from Kiss. Michael wasn't even deposed in the Chandler investigation, was he?

Well I know flat out it's not true and sounds like the flagrant lies from Kiss. Michael wasn't even deposed in the Chandler investigation, was he?

No, he wasn't.

The guy just probably heard bits and pieces from tabloids and created a whole new, untrue story from them in his mind. It happens all the time, unfortunately.

No you are right and I see this all the time as well-but usually about the skin, kids or drugs. Allegations are usually in a comment thread not always as fact in a doc. A professional setting.

Last time I saw this was the creator of Blue Bloods said equally crazed story.

Bubs is right. It's really got to stop. I know you can slander the dead but don't their families have rights?? Nothing to stop out and out lies?

I AM SICK OF THIS-FED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back