Tatiana Thumbtzen sues MJ Estate, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Ubisoft

ivy

Proud Member
Safety Harbor woman in Michael Jackson video sues over game likenessBy Janelle Irwin -
Apr 16, 2015

Screen-Shot-2015-04-16-at-1.16.56-PM-300x350.png

The dancer who played Michael Jackson’s love interest in his 1987 video for his hit, “The Way you Make me Feel” is suing Nintendo and other companies responsible for a 2010 video game she claims uses her unauthorized likeness.

The game is called “Michael Jackson: The Experience” and is a take on the then-popular series of dance video games on the Nintendo Wii. Players use the controller to imitate the dance moves on screen and get scored based on their movements.

[video=youtube;HzZ_urpj4As]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzZ_urpj4As[/video]

In the original music video, Safety Harbor resident Stephanie Thumbtzenunder the stage name Tatiana Thumbtzen, played a thin, curly-haired bombshell Jackson chased after throughout the duration of the video.

[video=youtube;V8K0VlYVpNI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8K0VlYVpNI[/video]

The dance game shows an animated character wearing the same clothing as Jackson wore in the video alongside a woman in a black dress and black high heels. The woman in the game also has curly hair, same as Thumbtzen.

Thumbtzen’s lawsuit alleges the use of her likeness in the video has caused her permanent “financial and emotional harm” and is seeking financial damages as a result.

The lawsuit does not specify exactly how much Thumbtzen is seeking.

Her allegations that the video game uses her likeness will likely be called into question by attorneys for the plaintiffs including Jackson’s estate, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Ubisoft Incorporated and others.

In the original music video Thumbtzen is indeed wearing a short black dress and has long curly hair. However, in the video game the character is wearing a black dress with sleeves and high-heeled sandals. In the music video, Thumbtzen’s dress is sleeveless and she’s wearing high-heeled boots.

The animated video game character also appears to have a larger build than the actual Thumbtzen and a larger bust.

Meanwhile, Jackson’s likeness is animated wearing the exact same clothing as the original music video.

It’s not clear whether the subtle changes were intentional to avoid such a lawsuit, but they will likely be used as a defense.

Thumbtzen has already used her work with Jackson to her financial advantage. She toured with the pop sensation for some time until she reportedly kissed him on stage.In 2005 she wrote a book about her relationship with Jackson titled The Way He Made Me Feel. In 2011 she wrote another, Michael & Tatiana: The Kind of My Heart.

http://www.saintpetersblog.com/archives/225957

Haha-This animated character looks NOTHING like Tatiana-her legs are WAY HEAVIER. :)

(that little clip from the game is cute though-I've never seen these before. I need to check these out).

Last edited:
Because those aren't animated characters, they are actual dancers who were filmed and then made it look like animated.

Because those aren't animated characters, they are actual dancers who were filmed and then made it look like animated.
Oh, I was just kidding around. Sometimes with all these law suits, I have to laugh a bit.

In a way, the article kinda reminds me of Quincy's lawsuit-they are probably correct that they altered what she's wearing, etc. in order not to get her permission for this-or to avoid a lawsuit-Quincy's claim that the Immortal was remixed without his OK-using some kind of masters after a certain time to avoid getting his permission or paying him any money. (I'm paraphrasing from memory).

I'm not sure why they just don't get people's permission and give them compensation before they start the project, unless the asking price for all things Michael Jackson is just astronomical-and it probably is.

I'm surprised that this is not another 'Statute of limitations' case....is it another 'delayed discovery?'

Ridiculous lawsuit, now i see why they didn't touch the Kansas/MSG BAD Tour footage -_-

Bit of a stretch Tatiana, can't see this claim being upheld.

This is so ridiculous, that I won't even bother to comment more! :)

This is as much of joke as Ola Ray's GoFundMe collection for money to rebuilding of the Queen of Pop's solo career:scratch:

What on earth is going on these people head? Do they spend their days thinking how to sue Michael and for what reason?
MJ was involved about 40 lawsuits at the time of his death, and it looks like his death is not going to slow down people willingness to get easy money:doh:

"Thumbtzen’s lawsuit alleges the use of her likeness in the video has caused her permanent “financial and emotional harm” and is seeking financial damages as a result."

I fail to see how "alleged" use her likeness in the game has caused any sort of financial or emotional harm to her? How does it practically work? Could she not find any proper job after that game was launched and she got emotionally harmed when she saw that animated woman in the game had chunkier legs?

She wants anyone she is suing to throw her a few grand to get lost. Just like Ola did

She wants anyone she is suing to throw her a few grand to get lost. Just like Ola did

She would have been better off to do GoFundMe like Ola

CCug864VEAAaqA1.jpg

She must have collected that $104 by now, so Tatiana should have launched collection for rebuilding her career :giggle:

"Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Scorned."

Is suing Michael Jackson (almost 6 years after his death) the only way to make money in the industry for people that had ANY connection to him nowadays? The guy gave everyone and their dog a shot with him in some way or another and he was always walked all over, yet people lose their damn minds when they talk about how Thrilling (pun intended) it was to work with him and how lucky they were. In Tatiana's case, it was clear she would never stop telling whomever would listen that good ol' MJ had a crush on her. After interviews and book(s) and talk talk talk, I was done with this meatball. And, even if said crush/relationship/flirtation/yadda yadda yadda was true ( ... :eek:k: ... ) it was 20 bloody years ago. 3 words: Let It Go.

Last edited:
Bubs;4086209 said:
This is as much of joke as Ola Ray's GoFundMe collection for money to rebuilding of the Queen of Pop's solo career:scratch:

What on earth is going on these people head? Do they spend their days thinking how to sue Michael and for what reason?
MJ was involved about 40 lawsuits at the time of his death, and it looks like his death is not going to slow down people willingness to get easy money:doh:

"Thumbtzen’s lawsuit alleges the use of her likeness in the video has caused her permanent “financial and emotional harm” and is seeking financial damages as a result."

I fail to see how "alleged" use her likeness in the game has caused any sort of financial or emotional harm to her? How does it practically work? Could she not find any proper job after that game was launched and she got emotionally harmed when she saw that animated woman in the game had chunkier legs?
haha-LOVE your post-especially the part about the emotional harm due to the chunky legs.

I just saw that the TV show "Empire" was hit with a Billion dollar lawsuit-by somebody who said they stole his life story for the premise of the show. That's how you know you're big, when you get hit from lawsuits from all sides, I guess. Price of fame, indeed.

This "Go Fund Me" thing with Ola Ray isn't for real, is it? That looks like it has to be a parody.????

Last edited:
What? How she can sue them? I don't think she owns the clothes and the hairstyle. :D

This is getting more ridiculous every day!! This shows how some people can be naughty backstabbers! People who worked with MJ are now trying to earn money after his death? People are pathetic! Damn. Go earn your money in a fair way, gurl. And this doesn't count for Tatiana only. I don't wanna start about the 2 scumbags who are trying to convince the judges to start a new bullshit trial. I don't even want to speak out their names because they are nothing but piece of shit in my eyes.

The girl in the.game looks nothing like Tatiana! I think she still pissed Mj kicked her off the tour and that why she suing

She would have been better off to do GoFundMe like Ola

CCug864VEAAaqA1.jpg

She must have collected that $104 by now, so Tatiana should have launched collection for rebuilding her career :giggle:

I agree. Also, the girl in the video has on shoe, NOT Boots like Ms. T. Stop trying to sue and just be glad you got the chance to be in a video with him and even kiss MJ. that is rewarding in itself. Nothing else.

Back