Top Ten Polemic songs

Psychoniff

Proud Member
As we know, MJ have a horrible relationship with press, both here in the U.K. and in the U.S. he addressed that many times in his music. What then are his top polemic songs against the media/press (def: a strong verbal or written attack on someone or something.)

Last edited:
I know I might be in the minority but I know that Privacy would definitely be in my top 10. Why? because I can't get enough of that rich guitar riff behind it. Its super funky. And his vocals are layered in such a way that is so driving and powerful. Its the kind of song that you blast as loud as you possibly can lol

My number one pick would probably be Xscape. I loved that song waaaay back when it was *sshhh* leaked during the Invincible era. I love the lyrics, I love the points he makes. And its so freakin relatable - not just in a 'celebrity' sense, but in any kind of sense. Who can't relate to:

Why is it I can't do whatever I want to?
When it's my personal life and I don't live for you
So don't you try to tell me what is right for me
You be concerned about you, I can do what I want to

EVERYONE could sing that and MEAN it at some point in their lives.

And lastly "Why You Wanna Trip On Me" would be in my top choices because he TOLD THE FREAKIN TRUTH! lol And guess what? IT IS STILL THE TRUTH even today.

You Got World Hunger
Not Enough To Eat
So There's Really No Time
To Be Trippin' On Me

GENIUS!

I'll do top 3 instead

1. We've Had Enough
2. Scream
3. They Don't Care About Us

I don't think he had 10 anti media songs. He had Leave Me Alone (the song in itself is not even anti-media, it's the video that is), Why You Wanna Trip On Me, Scream, Tabloid Junkie, Privacy, Xscape. That's 6 anti-media songs altogether.

Prince Of Pop;4086349 said:
I'll do top 3 instead

1. We've Had Enough
2. Scream
3. They Don't Care About Us

“We've Had Enough” is about the Iraq War, not press.

The song is about an attack on something...as stated in the starting post. It's an anti-establishment song.

I don't think he had 10 anti media songs. He had Leave Me Alone (the song in itself is not even anti-media, it's the video that is), Why You Wanna Trip On Me, Scream, Tabloid Junkie, Privacy, Xscape. That's 6 anti-media songs altogether.

I was about to say the same thing. Do you mean anti-media songs only or songs about his battles with the system? I guess we can add Ghosts, Is It Scary, Threatened, Unbreakable, They Don't Care About Us ?

I don't know if We've Had Enough fits the list because it's a song about war. TDCAU is a bit more personal than that so maybe, Shout too.

What about Money, D.S? Childhood ?

Back