Jerkins said Michael was gonna make new album

lougrizli

Guests
"Jerkins said he visited Jackson in 2007 in Ireland where they were "vibing out," but didn't focus on creating music exclusively.

And I then I spoke to him — I would say 2008, 2009, something like that — and he was telling me, 'I'm getting ready to do another album. You gotta get to work. Start working on ideas,'" he recalled. "And then he passed away."

SO BAD HE DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO RELEASE IT. But it could be awesome if he had time to record several tracks.
What do you think about that ? Did we have to hope for something or not ?

Last edited:
There was going to be a new album - I have little doubt of that.

Oh definitely. I feel like around fall of 2010 or something it could have been released, after a good solid year of slaying the stage with This is It and preparing the album, etc.

Michael had already assigned italian designer Roberto Cavalli to create a new look for him to promote his new album:

WED, 26 SEPTEMBER 2007 AT 9:21 PM

Michael Jackson is on the October 2007 cover of L’UOMO Vogue magazine, as photographed by Bruce Weber.

The magazine shoot is reportedly part of a deal struck between Michael Jackson and Roberto Cavalli. According to said deal, Michael would do the photo shoot for Cavalli and in return, Cavalli would create clothing for Michael for his new look supporting the new album release.
http://www.justjared.com/2007/09/26/michael-jackson-luomo-vogue/

It doesn't sound far fetched Michael releasing a new album, we know it took many years with Invincible for example but even in 2005, months after being vindicated, he was working in the studio already. Even if he didn't release much in the last years, he didn't stop working and creating.

Last edited:
I think Michael would have continued working on it during his stay in London. Probably finalize it after he got back in the states in 2010. My guess is something would have been released in late 2010 or early 2011

Michael was always working on new music, but I don't believe that a whole new album was close to be done. I'm sure that he had a lot of songs ready, but I don't think that they were long in the process of finishing an album.

I understand your opinions and respect them but, why Rodney.J would lie ?

lougrizli;4088048 said:
I understand your opinions and respect them but, why Rodney.J would lie ?

What?

And I then I spoke to him — I would say 2008, 2009, something like that — and he was telling me, 'I'm getting ready to do another album. You gotta get to work. Start working on ideas,'" he recalled. "And then he passed away."

Gregerhansen just reiterated what Rodney said. He was getting ready to do a new album, work on new ideas. Nowhere in that interview did Rodney say that MJ had a full album done and ready.

I wish there would not be I wish that what im wishin in my head was a solid truth

Themidwestcowboy;4088059 said:
What?

Gregerhansen just reiterated what Rodney said. He was getting ready to do a new album, work on new ideas. Nowhere in that interview did Rodney say that MJ had a full album done and ready.

I never said there was a full album done and ready. :busted: My post wasn't for Gregerhansen. I was talking to AlwaysThere who said he've a doubt that Michael was gonna make a new album.

It's a known fact through many people associated with Michael, that he was working on a new album...2 if you want to count the classical stuff he was going to do as well.I kinda wished he'd have done an album to go with his Dancing The Dream book. I think it would have been cool to hear MJ read his stories (like Planet Earth), maybe with some classical music in the background as he's talking. Would have been interesting

It's a known fact through many people associated with Michael, that he was working on a new album...2 if you want to count the classical stuff he was going to do as well.I kinda wished he'd have done an album to go with his Dancing The Dream book. I think it would have been cool to hear MJ read his stories (like Planet Earth), maybe with some classical music in the background as he's talking. Would have been interesting

Oh yeah, same ! Why he's dead :boohoo::boohoo
He was able to do a lot of things so bad we will never have the chance to discover them. Now we can only hope for posthumous stuffs.

lougrizli;4087864 said:
"Jerkins said he visited Jackson in 2007 in Ireland where they were "vibing out," but didn't focus on creating music exclusively.

SO BAD HE DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO RELEASE IT. But it could be awesome if he had time to record several tracks.
What do you think about that ? Did we have to hope for something or not ?

I think that unreleased material from Invincible era will come to light at some point (rather than tracks that were supposedly recorded after 2007):

“There’s a whole lot of stuff, just as good, maybe better. People have gotta hear it… Michael records hundreds of songs for an album, so we cut it down to thirty-five of the best tracks, and picked from there. It’s not always about picking the hottest tracks, it’s gotta have a flow, so there’s a good album’s worth of material that could blow your mind.”

(Rodney Jerkins, Cut magazine)

Richard LeCocq said somewhere on this board that the Invincible era was the most prosperous in terms of unreleased material, as there were a bunch of finished songs that could be released.

mj_frenzy;4088214 said:
I think that unreleased material from Invincible era will come to light at some point (rather than tracks that were supposedly recorded after 2007):

“There’s a whole lot of stuff, just as good, maybe better. People have gotta hear it… Michael records hundreds of songs for an album, so we cut it down to thirty-five of the best tracks, and picked from there. It’s not always about picking the hottest tracks, it’s gotta have a flow, so there’s a good album’s worth of material that could blow your mind.”

(Rodney Jerkins, Cut magazine)

Yeah, they have to release an album only for Invincible Era and let Rodney Jerkins "re-make" the songs. The work he did on Xscape (Xscape Version, I'm not talking about the original one) is brilliant, it's certainly the best song of the album because it makes fell you like if Michael did the track again.

I know it's such a problem with a part of the fan-base that don't want Michael's tracks to be contemporized but if they put the original ones like in XSCAPE, everybody can be satisfied.

Xscape (2014 version) should have been a single

Absolutely !!! I don't understand why they released A Place With No Name as a single but not Xscape.
For me the best would have been : Xscape - Chicago and LNFSG or PWNN.

Absolutely !!! I don't understand why they released A Place With No Name as a single but not Xscape.
For me the best would have been : Xscape - Chicago and LNFSG or PWNN.

Fans were pushing for A Place With No Name single release.

Fans were pushing for A Place With No Name single release.

Honestly, in my humble opinion, they massacred APWNM. It sounds nooooooooooothing like an MJ song. I can't listen to that version of the song. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I will never understand how some prefer that over the original.

Hehe yeah i'm actually one of those who loved the "new" version of APWNN (I still listen to it quite a lot). I think it sounds like something MJ would do - it actually reminds me a lot of Streetwalker with that kinda of bouncy swangy beat in the background.

But hey, we all have different tastes!

I also think that new a place with no name was terrible. i wonder how long it will be until the next studio album

Back