Michael Jackson and his family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychoniff

Proud Member
Was it MJ's biggest mistake to disown his family. What is it eventually that lead to his death because he never had his family's support. Many say getting away from his family was good thing because they kept asking for favours. But that didn't stop the Chandler's nor the Arviso's from taking him to hell. So maybe if he kept his family close and outsiders distant, maybe he'd be alive today.

Last edited:
God no. That family were leeches, and to suggest he'd still be alive just because he had them around would be stupid. He died because he was in the care of the wrong man.

Michael died because he had great difficulty sleeping.
I would say it started in his family with working late in clubs at a young age, touring and timezones,daddy waking him up scaring him for fun, to see how his daddy behaved with other women knowing that his beloved mother was at home waiting.
Family teased him for his big nose maybe he sometimes worried about that people would see his big nose when he was on stage and couldn´t sleep.

Michael had his own valid reason to keep most of his family members at distance.
He was looking people who loved him for himself not as ATM etc, but unfortunately he went out of the frying pan into the fire.

dam2040;4087949 said:
God no. That family were leeches, and to suggest he'd still be alive just because he had them around would be stupid. He died because he was in the care of the wrong man.

MIST;4087970 said:
Michael died because he had great difficulty sleeping.
I would say it started in his family with working late in clubs at a young age, touring and timezones,daddy waking him up scaring him for fun, to see how his daddy behaved with other women knowing that his beloved mother was at home waiting.
Family teased him for his big nose maybe he sometimes worried about that people would see his big nose when he was on stage and couldn´t sleep.

Bubs;4087983 said:
Michael had his own valid reason to keep most of his family members at distance.
He was looking people who loved him for himself not as ATM etc, but unfortunately he went out of the frying pan into the fire.

Why vilify his family, when he was around his family before Thriller, he was at his happiness and never had to deal with leaches like the Arivisos and the chandlers and a host of others who were trying to get his money and assets. Yes, his family wasn't perfect, but that's just like it is with any family, did he need to cut them off like that? I believe you MJ fans are too harsh on his family and not hard enough on the people who REALLY rail-roaded him and eventually killed. REMEMBER, he never had all these problems until he isolated himself from hid family, REMEMBER that!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
His family were half the problem. if they didnt treat him like a comodity,only called him when they wanted something ie money or a reunion show etc etc. And when he refused went running to the press to get their own back then i doubt he would have ended up going around looking for the unconditional love he didnt get from them. wouldnt have ended up getting involved with the chandlers ..... Etc etc etc looking for familes to be around. mj kept his distance from them cause he knew what they really cared about and knew how they would try to use and influence him for their own ends.and interm left him with not alot of support and love. they would have "killed" him long before murray.

His family were half the problem. if they didnt treat him like a comodity,only called him when they wanted something ie money or a reunion show etc etc. And when he refused went running to the press to get their own back then i doubt he would have ended up going around looking for the unconditional love he didnt get from them. wouldnt have ended up getting involved with the chandlers ..... Etc etc etc looking for familes to be around. mj kept his distance from them cause he knew what they really cared about and knew how they would try to use and influence him for their own ends.and interm left him with not alot of support and love. they would have "killed" him long before murray.

I believe there is a lot of truth here. I don't question Michael's decision to distance himself from his family, and his leaving them entirely out of his will (except for his mother's stipend) was intentional, and an eloquent final statement about what he thought of his family's role in his life.

Why vilify his family, when he was around his family before Thriller, he was at his happiness and never had to deal with leaches like the Arivisos and the chandlers and a host of others who were trying to get his money and assets. Yes, his family wasn't perfect, but that's just like it is with any family, did he need to cut them off like that? I believe you MJ fans are too harsh on his family and not hard enough on the people who REALLY rail-roaded him and eventually killed. REMEMBER, he never had all these problems until he isolated himself from hid family, REMEMBER that!!!

How do you know he was happy before Thriller? If you listen to his song lyrics on albums like Destiny he felt used and abused since he was very young - and yes, that partly came from his own family. And also let's not forget where his self image problems come from etc. While you are right that no one did him as wrong as the accusers, but things do not exist in a vacuum. Ask yourself why did he feel the need to seek out and "join" all these families of basically strangers to whom he was then an easy prey? Because there was something wrong with his own family.

Latoya?

How do you know he was happy before Thriller? If you listen to his song lyrics on albums like Destiny he felt used and abused since he was very young - and yes, that partly came from his own family. And also let's not forget where his self image problems come from etc. While you are right that no one did him as wrong as the accusers, but things do not exist in a vacuum. Ask yourself why did he feel the need to seek out and "join" all these families of basically strangers to whom he was then an easy prey? Because there was something wrong with his own family.

I think if he had any sense, he would have given the family large sum of money, say, 20 million and told then to split it between them. That way they wouldn't keeping begging for more. By the way, there many leaches besides the Chandler's and Arvisos. Why do you think went broke?

I think if he had any sense, he would have given the family large sum of money, say, 20 million and told then to split it between them. That way they wouldn't keeping begging for more. By the way, there many leaches besides the Chandler's and Arvisos. Why do you think went broke? He wasn't broke before distancing himself from his family.

I think if he had any sense, he would have given the family large sum of money, say, 20 million and told then to split it between them.

I'm sure he gave a lot of money to his family over the years. And I'm also sure he had no problem giving when a family member was in need, but I think they took advantage of his good heart and Michael got fed up with it. He was not obliged to provide for his fully grown, fully healthy siblings who were fully capable of working.

I think if he had any sense, he would have given the family large sum of money, say, 20 million and told then to split it between them. That way they wouldn't keeping begging for more. By the way, there many leaches besides the Chandler's and Arvisos. Why do you think went broke? He wasn't broke before distancing himself from his family.
Don't you know that is really what the Victory Tour was all about? Michael was the mega superstar at that time and no one went to see the tour except to see him and him alone. He knew it and the family knew it. The Destiny and Triumph Days were over. But he did it for them-so they could make that money to set them up for life. They each made around 7 million dollars each for that tour, and that doesn't include the merchandising deals with the tour. Katherine and Joseph also made millions as promoters of the tour. It obviously wasn't enough-it would never be enough.

And it's no secret that Michael bought his parents' house and paid for it to be reconstructed and left it for them to live there for life-all expenses paid-not to mention supporting his parents, nieces, nephews, cousins-some of who lived with him some of the time. A ton of them lived with his mother.

He knew that by making sure his mother was his beneficiary in the will that his father would also be taken care of-and I'm sure hundreds of extended family members are taken care of that we don't know about.

And yes, there were thousands of leeches besides the Chandlers and the Arvizos. Michael said himself that he just wanted to be loved-and I don't think he ever felt that unconditional love from anyone-ever. That's tragic.

Last edited:
And yes, there were thousands of leeches besides the Chandlers and the Arvizos. Michael said himself that he just wanted to be loved-and I don't think he ever felt that unconditional love from anyone-ever. That's tragic.

What about his children?

What about his children?
Well, of course, you're right. Thank God for them. I'd give my right arm if they had been born sooner in the late 80's/early 90's after the Bad tour wrapped up and he was moving to Neverland. Maybe things would have been very different.

Last edited:
exactly. as mj said himself about joe and no doubt it can be said about all of them. "he only calls me when he wants something never calls just to see how im doing or what im up to" the family have an entitlement complex when it comes to mjs wealth. all stemming (sp) from mj leaving the group and "stopping" his bros from working.there was always that resentment and the thought mj should provide seeing as he left us.theres no isuue with genuien need but when ppl start taking the p*** out of feelings of resentment/intitlement and/or lazyness then thats another thing. we saw with jerm over the years and his obsession with anouncing reunions knowing full well mj had refused. even right up to the end with tito telling the press how great it would be if mj let his bros perform with him on some of the shows. a story that quickly changed when the families agenda did in sueing AEG. to the resentment over the will etc etc. we know how mj could not say no to katherine and how she was used to do do others bidding like during the victory tour. we saw how mj ended up paying for some of his bros kids educations/child supports and we saw how some bros used mj to pay for the exes housing aswell. Nothing much has changed!

I'm sure he gave a lot of money to his family over the years. And I'm also sure he had no problem giving when a family member was in need, but I think they took advantage of his good heart and Michael got fed up with it. He was not obliged to provide for his fully grown, fully healthy siblings who were fully capable of working.

I trust Michael´s own judgment when it comes to his family.

exactly. as mj said himself about joe and no doubt it can be said about all of them. "he only calls me when he wants something never calls just to see how im doing or what im up to" the family have an entitlement complex when it comes to mjs wealth. all stemming (sp) from mj leaving the group and "stopping" his bros from working.there was always that resentment and the thought mj should provide seeing as he left us.theres no isuue with genuien need but when ppl start taking the p*** out of feelings of resentment/intitlement and/or lazyness then thats another thing. we saw with jerm over the years and his obsession with anouncing reunions knowing full well mj had refused. even right up to the end with tito telling the press how great it would be if mj let his bros perform with him on some of the shows. a story that quickly changed when the families agenda did in sueing AEG. to the resentment over the will etc etc. we know how mj could not say no to katherine and how she was used to do do others bidding like during the victory tour. we saw how mj ended up paying for some of his bros kids educations/child supports and we saw how some bros used mj to pay for the exes housing aswell. Nothing much has changed!

But this is all hearsay, we don't know for fact that they were using him. I'm sure they invested in property of some sort.

But this is all hearsay, we don't know for fact that they were using him. I'm sure they invested in property of some sort.

Actually, there is plenty of factual information that is not hearsay. We know that at least two of Jermaine's children were being raised by Katherine, in her house. We know that Michael supported his mother, including providing her with a home and living expenses. We know that Jermaine had serious problems even paying child-support, as FACT. The money Michael gave his mother was supporting a LOT of other family members. This is common-knowledge?

http://www.bet.com/news/celebrities...aces-jail-time-over-unpaid-child-support.html

Yes certainly not hearsay. documented in court papers re randy offering hayvernhurst to get out of paying for his kids. Same as jermaine. dee dee talked about mj paying when tito walked away. many documented events

Yes certainly not hearsay. documented in court papers re randy offering hayvernhurst to get out of paying for his kids. Same as jermaine. dee dee talked about mj paying when tito walked away. many documented events

Family courts are notoriously biased against fathers. The solurion to the bullshit is to give full custody to the parent most financially stable.

Family courts are notoriously biased against fathers. The solurion to the bullshit is to give full custody to the parent most financially stable.

Katherine Jackson is not a parent to Jermaine's children, but they lived in her house and were supported by her, and SHE was supported by Michael's money. It could be argued that the J-5 would never have been successful, without Michael and his extreme talent and charisma. In that sense, he's been supporting his family since he was nine years old, and when he died, the buck STOPPED -- except for Katherine's stipend, which ends at her death and reverts back to Michael's own children. At that point, the rest of the family will truly be on their own, as they should be.

Yes i agree alot of courts are probably biased towards mothers but that has nothing to do with the documented facts of at least jerm and randy openly admitted to trying to shirk their responsibilities by having mj pay for their exes and children by "offering" them hayvernhurst inturn for not paying support.

MJ said - on tape - "Tight knit my ass" regarding his own family. He knew full well exactly who they were and while they might be able to fool people with the "We love him so much! Wonderful brother!" garbage, it's plain to me and many others they were good for nothing. Liz Taylor was out there in 93 faster than his family were. Says a lot if you ask me, when he needed people the most it was his friends there at the drop of a hat.

Michael was just the cash cow of the family. They just went to see him whenever they needed money or find a way to rob him (Randall, Jermaine.) Prince, Paris and Blanket celebrated their birthdays with their father and staff people. Even some Michael's business associates stated the Jacksons were the ones who brought weirdness and conflict when they went to see him. They don't have any shame or considerations, Michael was trying to have his life back and the siblings including Janet were bugging him to tour with them in 2007 because miss Jackson couldn't sold out venues of her own anymore, obviously he refused and they ended up fighting and being mad at him. He made a sensible decision getting away from them, restricting them the access to him and leaving them out of his will.

The Moonwalk tape(s), Glenda tapes were quite revealing about his feelings towards them, very telling they've never been the tight knit family they were selling to the media and public back in the 70's. Also it was very telling to me Margaret Maldonado writing in her book Jackson Family Values, Michael was the only Jackson she trusted.

About Jermaine not paying child support, it went back since he divorced Hazel Gordy to marry Margaret, she was the one who paid Hazel.

Last edited:

If they had invested money to property, they should have sold it and use the money to pay their child support.
What they did was that they had a f...ing nerve to go on MJ's estate to ask them to pay it, but they refused as they have no obligations to siblings that MJ left out in his Will. Katherine ended up going to ask a loan from the estate, which they granted, but I doubt they never get it back, so MJ ended up paying those losers child support.

So do you honestly think they have money or investments, and rather than selling those, they go to executors for money so they can pay their child support?

Always wanting something for nothing
Especially what they don't deserve
Reaching in my pocket
I just got to stop it
Even though they got a lot of nerve

^It's demonstrated with that song, Things I Do For You he was fully aware the kind of leeches the Jacksons are even before his mega stardom. It makes me think Katherine emotionally blackmailed him a lot using excuses Michael had to do it for his family. He said that himself they did this since he was little. I wonder why he was unable to say no to his mother if he knew she was using and abusing him to feed those parasite siblings, father or even their children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back