Exclusive: Travelling with a King: Travel guide about Michael Jackson (book)

ILoveHIStory

Proud Member
Travelling With A King : the first travel guide about Michael Jackson !

travellingwithaking-mini-265x300.jpg

Travelling With A King is the first ever travel guide totally dedicated to Michael Jackson. This fully colored and glossy paper book contains hundreds of places linked to the King of Pop, from studios to houses, venues and statues,… You’ll find everything you need to know including historical and geographic details about each location.

Travelling With A King – Book 1, is the first part of this totally unique travel guide. Book one contains North, Central & South America and, as bonuses, a few selected places of Europe and Asia.. Its A5 format and light weight will make it easy to bring it with you every time you travel. Get it now !

:woohoo: http://surlespasdemichaeljackson.com/en/the-book/

Livre01-1024x768.jpg

ABOUT THE BOOK

This 120 glossy paper pages and fully colored book will take you on Michael Jackson footsteps. From studios to houses, venues and statues, you’ll find everything you need to know. Released on March of 2014, the French version was a great success. The English version will contain two books, divided by continents. Book one contains North, Central & South America and, as bonuses, a few selected places of Europe and Asia… Its A5 format and light weight will make it easy to bring the guide with you every time you travel.

Livre02-1024x768.jpg

The authors

Christophe and Antoine are two dedicated and loyal Michael Jackson fans.

Christophe is Belgian and has been a fan since 1992. A year later he created a Belgian fan club named ‘MJBackstage’. The fan club is still running and as a result of its success, a magazine is being printed 4 times a year. It is the last and only Michael Jackson Magazine in French. Christophe also loves to travel. In 2007, he was invited by Jackie Jackson to visit Hayvenhurst in California, an all-time dream. Chris lives in Bruxelles, Belgium and works as a journalist.

His writing partner, French fan Antoine, has been a fan since 1990. This backpacker fell in love with the King of Pop’s moves and music at a very young age. He started working for ‘MJBackstage’ in 2010, for which he writes a geography review. This is how the Michael Jackson guide project started. Antoine lives in Amiens, France and works as a project engineer in Paris.

Livre03-1024x768.jpg

I like this idea. Of course plenty of this information has been shared on forums over the years, but there are so many places around the world somehow related to Michael, that it is nice to see it all bundled and in book form. Can come in handy too, if I am going somewhere and know there is something Michael-related I am always inclined to go check it out. Should be fun just to read as well. And if it's anything like the screenshots, I think it has a nice look!

TinnyandOdd;408 8590 said:
11139395_381975195344642_1377098368719401445_n.jpg

Just when I thought I had seen everything?
Haha. This is in Best, the Netherlands. It's quite bizarre that one of the HIStory statues ended up on the parking lot of a McDonalds restaurant on the side of a difficult-to-reach highway in the middle of nowhere. The owners are big fans though (they showcase some Michael memorabilia inside the restaurant too) and have cooperated with fans to organize events there in the past. I think some fans still go there every year in June and August.

This is in Best, the Netherlands. It's quite bizarre that one of the HIStory statues ended up on the parking lot of a McDonalds restaurant on the side of a difficult-to-reach highway in the middle of nowhere.

:busted: ... I ... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: ... Ahahahaha! May his Legacy live on (would you like fries with that?)

Really!! What a great idea having everything in one book. Reading this forum has made me aware of so many beautiful statues and murals and parks in so many countries dedicated to Michael-besides all the must see places like Gary, Hayvenhurst, the Apollo, the Motown museum.
A really great idea.

I would definitely get my hands on that book since I love not just MJ, but also geopgraphy.

Has anyone bought this? The link takes you to a French site. Is the book in English?

I would like to read this book
but can be difficult to get it here in my country

I like this idea. Of course plenty of this information has been shared on forums over the years, but there are so many places around the world somehow related to Michael, that it is nice to see it all bundled and in book form. Can come in handy too, if I am going somewhere and know there is something Michael-related I am always inclined to go check it out. Should be fun just to read as well. And if it's anything like the screenshots, I think it has a nice look!

Haha. This is in Best, the Netherlands. It's quite bizarre that one of the HIStory statues ended up on the parking lot of a McDonalds restaurant on the side of a difficult-to-reach highway in the middle of nowhere. The owners are big fans though (they showcase some Michael memorabilia inside the restaurant too) and have cooperated with fans to organize events there in the past. I think some fans still go there every year in June and August.

:busted: ... I ... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: ... Ahahahaha! May his Legacy live on (would you like fries with that?)

A McDonalds parking lot?! If it had to be in fast food parking lot, it seems KFC would have been more to MJ's liking. LOL!
Cool idea for a book though.

http://www.**************/episode-014-travelling-with-a-king-special/

On this special episode of the MJ Cast, Jamon and Q interview author of the ‘Michael Jackson travel guide’ book Travelling With a King, Christophe Charlot. Topics include the book itself, his working relationship with co-author Antoine Cardinot, his fandom of Michael Jackson and the writing process behind the book. We also talk about Christophe’s French Michael Jackson magazine, MJBackstage, some of the intriguing locations mentioned within Travelling With a King and finally we delve into a discussion around Christophe’s views of places like Neverland and Hayvenhurst being considered tourist attractions.

As mentioned on the book’s official website, “Travelling With a King is the first ever travel guide totally dedicated to Michael Jackson. This fully colored and glossy paper book contains hundreds of places linked to the King of Pop, from studios to houses, venues and statues. You’ll find everything you need to know including historical and geographic details about each location. Travelling With A King – Book 1, is the first part of this totally unique travel guide. Book one contains North, Central & South America and, as bonuses, a few selected places [in] Europe and Asia. Its A5 format and light weight will make it easy to bring it with you every time you travel.”

For purchasing Travelling With a King at a discounted price, make sure to visit this special website which Christophe has created specifically for listeners of The MJ Cast

Lastly, stay tuned at the end of this show to hear about various celebrations around the world for Michael’s 2015 birthday on August 29th!

epiosde-014-travelling-with-a-king-special-youtube-art-1024x576_imagesia-com_10jho_large.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
New book "Travelling with a King" is a great tourist guide for Michael Jackson fans. Michael Jackson Chinese FansCommunity did an exclusive interview with one of the book's authors,?ChristopheCharlot?, check the Q&A below.
Order the book at:
www.travellingwithaking.com

Tell us when and how you become a MJ fan? What attracts you in the first place?

I became a fan of Michael in 1992. My brother had the ? Who is it ? maxi-CD....and i couldn't stop listening to it. Then, i became a fan after hearing the whole Dangerous album and seeing the Dangerous Tour on my TV screen. I really discovered how much Michael was a perfect singer and an incredible performer. Since that day, i never stopped to be a fan. In 1993 i launched my first ever MJ fanzine, later called ?#?MJBackstage?. Now I'm still the editor in chief of MJBackstage magazine with so much passion. And last year i released with my friend Antoine the first ever travel guide about Michael Jackson, in french. We're now really excited to release the english version.

What was the scene when you heard Michael was gone in 2009?

It was late at night in Belgium when i heard about the rumors MJ was sent to hospital. I wasn't able to go to sleep and i was looking for true informations. I recieved a SMS saying MJ was gone but i didn't believe it. I was thinking it was tabloid information, just to have sensational info. But then, i realized it was true. I was watching to CNN... I stay there, it was truly unbelievable. My world was just breaking out, but i was unable to realize. Some press contact began to wall me, during the night, to have my reaction, as president of MJBackstage fan club. But i didn't want to answer. Not at that time. I wanted to be with fan friends. So we had call with my team. All nigth crying. It was a terrible night... I will never forget that night. I wish i never lived that night !

Have you met Michael or his family? When did it happen? How was your feeling?

I saw Michael several time in concert. And also a few time at his hotel when he was leaving of at the balcony when he greeted fans. But never a real meeting. But since 2005, i was lucky enough to be in touch with Jackie Jackson for the MJBackstage magazine. At that time, i made his first interview for Mjbackstage. Then we stayed in touch. He's such a wonderful man. Very respectful, very funny. I love him. I had the chance to meet him several times, in Los Angeles, Las Vegas or in Europe. I truly respect him so much. Also for MJBackstage i had the chance to make a 15 minutes interview of the Jacksons before one of their show in 2012. It was with my friend Pascal from MJB team. That was a real dream for me as a fan.

When and why did you decide to do the book? Are you satisfied with what you have done?

First of all Antoine suggested me a section in MJBackstage magazine about places related to Michael. Ut i was thinking there was so many locations to mention. It was difficult to decide which one to choose. So i was first of all joking about making a full book... then, i realized it would be wonderful to have a full book, a true travel guide about Michael. It took about 2 years to write it... but we were very satisfied about the French version. It is so exciting to see that this book helps fans when they travel in some countries. We recieved so many messages to thank us to help fans. And we saw so many pictures of fans travelling with the book. That was our goal : to help fans living their passion to Michael differently.

What is the most difficult part and fascinating part when you did the book?

As we mentionned, we were not able to travel in each and every place ourself : there are nearly 500 places in the French edition. But we took a long time to collect the locations and to verify every detail about them. That was difficult to do and to select. But it was also what was exciting : the idea to make a book that were never done before was exciting.

A funny thing is that Antoine live far from me. So when we began the project we only met one time during 15/30 minutes at a MJ event in Paris. But we worked very closely through the Internet. Everyday during the work of writing the book, we were in touch many time a day. But e-mail, Instant Messagerie or by phone. We then met again the day we went to the printer the day of the release if the french edition. We discovered the book togheter....

Have you traveled to China, do you meet anything related to MJ here?

I travelled to China a few weeks ago. But nothing related to Michael, it was for my work. I did a business trip to Shenzhen. I was really impressed by the country. And i'd really love to come back in China for sightseeing... and moonwalking on MJ's footsteps.

What do you want people to remember Michael Jackson?

Well, i want that people remember about MJ's genius in Music and Entertainement. But i think it's already the case : most of the people agree that Michael Jackson was the biggest ever artist of al time. But i would also love that people all around the world remember MJ as a great humanitarian. I would love that they remember MJ's love message. Songs like Heal The World, We Are The World, Earth Song, Man In The Mirror... But also tracks like Why You Wanna Trip On Me. In every song, Michael delivered a message to the world ! These messages must be remembered !

How many places related to MJ you have travelled to? Are those locations all recorded in your book ?

Well, every time i travel, i want to add a Jackson touch. That was a part of the idea of making this book ? Travelling With A King ?. Just like Antoine, everywhere i go, i'm looking for place MJ should be able to go, or record shops or places where there is anything related to Michael. So i was lucky enough to see great places related to Michael : in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Tokyo, Bangkok, Paris, Amsterdam, London. I remember being so lucky to enter Hayvenhurst. It was in 2006 duing a trip to Los Angeles. That was an incedible experience discovering the place where MJ lived when he was young and where he wrote some of his biggest hits !

Of course, any great location I saw, i added to the book.

Are you going to travel to more places in the world? Do you find more destinations to go?

I would love too. At the moment i do not have any new travel planned. But there are so many places i want to go. One day, i woud love to see the house on 2300 Jackson Street. That's where the full story began. I would love to travel to Ireland too where MJ stayed a few weeks in 2006 with his children. And of course, would love to go back to Los Angeles to see more and more MJ places. That's probably where there are the most locations.
And finally, there is the Los Alamos place, which is mentionned in our book. There is a great hotel there : The Union Hotel. That's where Mj and Paul McCartney recorded theyr video for Say Say Say. This hotel didn't change : the room where some scene were shooted is exactly the same as in the video. Would love to see that. It seems the time stopped.

Back