United Negro College Fund announces 2015 Michael Jackson and Ray Charles foundation scholarships

ILoveHIStory

Proud Member
The United Negro College Fund has announced two new scholarship programs that are now accepting applications – the Michael Jackson Scholarship and the Ray Charles Endowed Scholarship.

michael_jackson_ray_charles_scholarship-500x310.jpg

Michael Jackson
The Michael Jackson scholarship provides financial assistance to communication arts and social science students attending a UNCF college/university during the upcoming academic year. High School seniors must be planning to matriculate at a UNCF member school in the fall. Proof of acceptance will be required.
Candidates must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. The scholarship will provide an award up to $5,000 depending on the financial need of the student as verified by the attending University or College.
For more details and/or to apply, visit www.scholarshipsonline.org/2015/05/michael-jackson-uncf-scholarship.html

Ray Charles
The Ray Charles Endowed Scholarship.helps African-American students with high academic promise that have significant financial need. Scholarships will be awarded to students who meet the following recommended eligibility criteria, and will be renewable up to one year.
Students must be an African-American junior enrolled full-time at a UNCF member HBCU, must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, and must have a demonstrated unmet financial need as verified by their college or university
For more details, visit www.scholarshipsonline.org/2015/05/ray-charles-foundation-uncf-endowed-scholarship.html

http://michronicleonline.com/2015/0...kson-and-ray-charles-foundation-scholarships/

I hope people won't think I'm racist because nothing could be further away from the truth, but I found something earlier today that made me think of the news in this thread.

42ed2ee5d23727003de6e30d50663610863f302612afee18.jpg

Humor, however raw or twisted, may at times just be the sanest of ways to deal with harsh realities, either of the past or present....

In any case, the news is great and I hope the kids who will receive these scholarships will have much success in the school that matters most, that of life.

Fantastic! I hope this will greatly help someone who is truly in need.

Thought this was simply brilliant! Beautiful to see them giving back to someone who placed so much emphasis on helping those in need. Its the least they could do!

Back