Reibish is in the HOTseat

Daryll748

Proud Member
Welcome to the HOTseat Reibish :ciao:

What's the story or inspiration behind your name?

If your house caught fire, what would you save?

What are 3 things that you absolutely can't live without?

Something you've always regretted saying?

Don't forget to pop into the fellow HOTseats :D

Have fun!

Something you've always regretted not saying? :D

Welcome to the HOTseat Reibish :ciao:
Thanks! :D

What's the story or inspiration behind your name?

My actual first name is Reidun, and reibish came from an inside joke between my best friend and I when we were, gosh...I was about 11 or 12. We had a weird way of speaking to each other, sometimes it was kind of like twinspeak but actually in English. So, we decided to give our little "language" a name, because I was usually the one messing things up. It's been a nickname ever since.

If your house caught fire, what would you save?

Well, fortunately, all of my super important memorabilia and stuff is in an insured storage unit, and not in my house :) So I wouldn't have to worry about it! So, assuming that, I'd first save my dog, my phone, and probably my computer, or wallet. I'm boring like that. I just moved to California in December and it was a super quick move so most of my stuff is still back in my home state. I don't have much here! :)

What are 3 things that you absolutely can't live without?

1. Having companion animals. I've always had dogs around and other small critters here and there. I have to have a dog, always.
2. Coffee & wine :wine:
3. Roadtrips!

Something you've always regretted saying?

Oooh, this is a good one. I'm a chatty kathy so I saw many things but regret few. There is a situation that comes to mind between myself, co-workers, and a boss that was pretty bad quite some time ago. I'll always regret it, it was bad.

karom said:
Something you've always regretted not saying? :D

That list can go on and on! There was one time when I was at work in 2007 and a VERY mysterious and, aherm, familiar person showed up. I wasn't 100% sure if it was him or not, and I will never, ever know. I regret not saying hello, because I was staring like a doofus at him the whole time. I didn't want to say something and it not be him and cause an uproar either way. It's almost something I try to forget about because if it WAS him and I never said anything, gah!!

Awww, Well if it was HIM :blush: You did the right thing by not causing an 'uproar' and yeash, HE makes you do that 'stare and be speechless' :D

What was your HOME state?

Do you like it where you live now?

Yeash, a dog is a Man's BEST friend they say :blush: Do you NOW have a Dog Compagnion?

What is your most treasured Memoriablia piece?

Awww, Well if it was HIM :blush: You did the right thing by not causing an 'uproar' and yeash, HE makes you do that 'stare and be speechless' :D
heheh yes, this is what I try to tell myself. Myabe one day I will tell the story. A few other fans from the past know about it and they think it was him. I remember that feeling that you get when an old friend calls you on the phone that you loved dearly but haven't hear from in years, and the moment they announce themselves and you're in that giddy disbelief? It was like that, but it didn't dissipate.

What was your HOME state?

Minnesota! I'm originally from Minneapolis.

Do you like it where you live now?

No. I LOVE it :) I've wanted to move to California for a long time. I'm very happy here in LA.

Do you NOW have a Dog Compagnion?

I do! His name is Czar. He is a Malamute/White German Shepherd mix. He's 11 years old - I've had him since he was 4months. He's my baby and my bestest best!

1470121_10152919647019029_1357977427530327352_n.jpg
11024761_10153074693424029_4842881426005422051_n.jpg

What is your most treasured Memoriablia piece?

I have many things and they are all equally valuable to me. The most of course is my TII ticket for July 22 (Section A2, Row U, seat #35), immediately behind that is my first edition copy of Moonwalk I've had since I was fifteen.

:hiya:

When did you know you were more than just a casual Michael fan? (For me, it was during and after the '84 Grammys. I fell hard. HARD. :laugh:)

Thaaaat is a fantastic question.

I really don't know, precisely. I'm one of those people that remembers him always being a "fixture" in my life, from my earliest memories. For example, when I was eight, we went on a family roadtrip to visit grandparents and family in Texas. For some reason Moonwalker was on TV (this was in 1995). I personally don't remember seeing it before then but I was still able to quote and identify certain scenes. I don't remember what my mom said about having seen it before but it was a huge impression on me. I remember the Superbowl and BoW video debuts, and specifically recall my parents calling me into the room to watch it because it was Michael and because it would make me happy. My mom is also a fan but not the way I am. My stepdad is a hater, lol.

Even as a gradeschooler I felt like I had to protect him when others said hurtful, salacious things. I remember just always being drawn to him. It wasn't "exciting" to see him on TV like I'd get with the Power Rangers or something, but it was comforting and enchanting I guess is the best way to describe it.

As I got older, I started to understand more about his influence on me as a person. In my teens I read and re-read Moonwalk all the time. I swear I could quote parts of it like the Bible. So maybe middle or early high school was when I realized that he meant more to me than other fans I knew - not like fanclub fans, but I went to a music high school and I mean music community fans, if that makes sense. Michael's message, personality/persona, and artistry really touched my soul and maybe then was when I truly understood how much he impacted my life. It never wavered or weakened.

Yep, it's the HOTseat tour :D

If you wish, please describe a scene that is 'embedded' in your brain in detail and why it remains there?

You are a superhero. What powers do you have and how do you use them?

if you would write a message in a bottle, what would it say?

First, my apologies for taking for so long! I have had some awful things going on and had to take a break while I took care of life things.

Yep, it's the HOTseat tour :D

If you wish, please describe a scene that is 'embedded' in your brain in detail and why it remains there?

Besides the obvious (June 25), the next thing that comes to my mind is a few summers ago - I performed CPR on someone. I'm a lifeguard and lifeguard instructor, and the particular waterpark I worked at, I was teaching a LOT more than most instructors do, so I know that I spent a LOT more time training than most people do and was one of the best prepared people on our team...still doesn't prepare you for that moment - the one where you think to yourself "Do I have what it takes?"

Turns out, I did!

The scene itself wasn't exactly pretty - it never is - so I'll spare details, but I'll never forget it. Ever. My first CPR rescue.

You are a superhero. What powers do you have and how do you use them?

Ooooh, great question! I'd have the power to alter time - if it worked out right, almost everyone would be able to adjust time in the immediate scene within about 10 minutes - you know, so you could quickly take back that one thingyou didn't really mean to say, or come back and spit out the stuff you REALLY needed to tell someone.

As the superhero, I'd be the real time lord! Less timey-wimey stuff though and more completely re-adjusting people's lives.

if you would write a message in a bottle, what would it say?

I'd just introduce myself and talk about my boring life, lol.

What wish would you full fill in life if you knew you couldn't fail?

What wish would you full fill in life if you knew you couldn't fail?

y'all are great at asking good questions! Where were you when Oprah was building a career? Lol

This question is kind of wide open, so I'll interpret it a bit and I have a few different answers.

First one - this is is obvious, and the one wish I think we all would grant ourselves if we knew we could do it perfectly, and that is to bring Michael back. More importantly, it would be to have undone the crap going on around him at the time and only keep the real dream team around him. No Tohme Tohme, no Karen (yesh, really - I forgot his makeup artists' name for the early 2000s, but she did a great job, despite the TII conference hair lol), and of course especially no Murray. There are of course mixed feelings on AEG but I think that if he had the correct people around him and in his ear then he would have felt much more confident in tackling the challenges that faced him. Arnie would have been out, no questions. Michael was working on it and setting himself up for it, and knowing that Frank was back at the time he died was a big relief and comfort for me.

So I hope that makes sense.

Another answer I have to that is healing one major thing in the world. There are so many nowadays it's hard to know where to begin. Homelessness, income inequality, and animal abuse/homelessness are all big causes of mine. I wish I could make it so that everyone who mobilizes in these causes could all see immediate new success from their efforts and we could eliminate these issues once and for all. I don't just want to wave the wand and see it disappear (Well, I do, but...) but rather I want to see those who also have the passion and drive to roll up their sleeves actually see the fruit of their labor in more than small increments and baby steps. It's really powerful and amazing when you see even a tiny success, but it's even more inspiring when a BIG thing happens from your efforts.

And lastly, there is a wish I that I would love to fulfill involving the fanbase and community - right now it seems as though it's just 100% not possible but I actually don't think it is. However I'd like to keep it a secret for now! :)

So, for the BOLD question :cheeky:

What would you do, how would you care for Michael if we would have been able to save him?

As for your 2nd answer about 'healing' Homelessness, income inequality, and animal abuse/homelessness
What is the thing that bothers you the most?
How would you 'solve' it?

Have a great weekend! :wub:

Back