Moonwalker auction, MJ body casts and stuff

img01.jpg

I want to own his hands! asdfasdf

The auction is not that far from me. I might go just to see the artifacts!

Also, those hands are already going for over $4200. Love that they still modeled the wart he had on his finger at the time (saw it in some SC shots too)

Why is Rick selling all this stuff? Seems sad they are being scattered about.

Pop culture history in there.

You'll notice artefacts from Thriller are also listed on there.

I've noticed this a lot too. Lady Gaga bought a lot of serious iconic stuff (appearance jackets and tour costumes, etc) at a Juliens auction just to prevent them from being scattered. She's mentioned interest in seriously collecting more things.

These, however, are more backstage prop things. I think, if I can get in, that I am going to go to the auction this week when it starts. If the non-Michael Thriller bits are still affordable I may put in a bid on something.

A lot of his stuff is kind of all-over in small collections. I also don't want them scattered to the wind, but this is truly obscure stuff that I think is cool to share with others. There's only so much you can keep in storage for so long. People buying MJ stuff nowadays aren't doing it for resale; they're doing it for intrinsic value and I hope they will be the "last" owners as they get handed down in families.

I want the hands to but will have to settle for the picture. **Sigh**

The Gremlins and Gizmo puppets from Gremlins 2 don't feel obscure to me.

They were used in the film and presumably, judging by all the wires etc. would still work. It seems a shame for things like that to get lost to private collectors. To me, anyway.

I wasn't referring to the Gremlins stuff, and even then, though they are cult classics, doesn't mean people are clamoring for them.

Back