Kid Ignores His Bullies By Walking On Stage And Doing this ..dancing to Michael Jackson

Paris78

Proud Member
Donations
$240.00
http://www.littlebudha.com/bullied-boy-dances-michael-jackson/

14-year-old Julian was born with a special gift. Most people dream of being able to dance like he can.

But kids can be cruel, especially when they’re intimidated by or jealous of someone’s confidence in the face of bullying. The more his classmates call him names, threaten him, and try to turn him off from his passion, the more Julian dances.

Though he’s never taken a dance class or lesson, watching Julian dance is like watching Michael Jackson himself. As soon as he’s finished with his homework after school, he rolls up the rugs, puts on the music, and dances throughout the house. Luckily, his parents are incredibly supportive. They refuse to stop their son from doing the one thing that makes him truly happy.

Julian even dances in public places, on the streets, and inside skating rinks where his classmates socialize. He responds to those who ridicule by saying, “They call me stupid, I don’t care. I know who I am, I know what I am.”

Now, other students who are drawn to the music — and to Julian’s courage — have been showing up to dance with him. As this group of inspirational kids grows, they plan on dancing for other kids as advocates against bullying.

Watch Julian in action below, and please SHARE this incredible young man with your friends on Facebook!

[video=youtube;huQpAJi-C44]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huQpAJi-C44[/video]

Yes, it's important to be yourself but it is also important not to eclipse your own self with a world of impersonation.

Yes, it's important to be yourself but it is also important not to eclipse your own self with a world of impersonation.

Kids emulate what they see to help develop their own identities. I'd much rather he be obsessed with dancing like Michael (And doing a really good job at it, wow!) than escaping in other things or pretending to be someone he's not to fit in with others. I'm happy he stands up for himself.

And if nothing else, the kid is getting a ton of good exercise :)

Did anyone else giggle at the kid named Johnny Walker?

Also, Julian kind of talks like Michael - his speech rhythm is kind of similar.

In time he will find his own identity but that kid can DANCE. OMG can he dance.

It is just fun for him, it's not like he is making a living out of it.

This is really cool! Respect for this strong kid!

Oh and btw no worries... to copy others is a pretty 'normal' part of finding or revealing and/or developing ones own personality! ;)

You do your thing Julian! Don't let those idiots stop you from being who you are and doing what you love.

I always ask myself what people get out of being mean and disrespectful to other human beings?

It was just the way he was speaking. It almost seemed like an impersonation. I wouldn't encourage that.

But whatever makes him happy. And yeah bullying sucks.

I hope he takes this love of dance further and takes lessons, etc. Hate to see somebody turn out like Wade and can only copy one person. (Part of his anger, I think)

Anyway, I'm delighted to see this.

What a tough and brave young man he turned out to be. Bullies are idiots.

I like to see people being inspired by Michael.

On the other hand, why does it always have to be "literal"? Does everybody enjoy mimicking? I don't

In other words, I like people to be inspired by MJ, but I don't think it should only come down to the moves. Why is it so hard for people to see beyond that? Michael was so much more!

And I am sorry, even as an MJ fan I have to say this: Doing the Billie Jean routine is not dancing, it's mimicking like crazy. Dancing should be expression of oneself !!!

Even this qualifies better as "dancing" (haha) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMA75QxiAb4

Mimicking can be good or bad too... there must be talent and hard work anyway! If I would mimicking the Billie Jean routine that would be awful even after hours of practice, really. This boy "mimicking" is good enough to share it with other young people who may need to hear something like this.

And even Michael started his journey with some mimicking.

BravoChrisTucker5thelement_zpsd58927fc.gif

In 1984 nobody would have bullied him.
We can thank the Chandlers for this too.

He's pretty good, especially for 14. I'd say he's better than that other talent show kid.

He doesn't need to street perform at that age. He's just making himself a target for hate.
Talent shows are a good idea. Maybe do it at parties or something.

Back