(info/megaPHOTOS/maps) Sotheby/Hilton & Hyland official sale: Sycamore Valley Ranch aka NEVERLAND

ILoveHIStory

Proud Member
OFFICIAL info:

Sycamore Valley Ranch
5225 Figueroa Mountain Road, Los Olivos, CA 93441

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m13!1m11!1m3!1d5218.8558384596445!2d-120.09207195833268!3d34.73852094364775!2m2!1f0!2f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!5e1!3m2!1ssk!2sus!4v1433082830881" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0"></iframe>

Style: French Normandy-Style
Price: $100,000,000
Square Footage: 12,598± sq.ft.
Year Built: 1982
Main Home: Bedrooms/Baths: 6/7 full, 2 powder
Lot Size: 2,698± Acres
Architect: Robert Altevers

Sycamore Valley Ranch is the ultimate ranch retreat and gated estate of approximately 2,698 acres located 5 miles north of the town of Los Olivos. The main residence of approximately 12,598 sq. ft. offers six-bedrooms, including a large first floor master suite with a private loft and two master baths.

The home was designed by Robert Altevers for William Bone in a French Normandy-style and meticulously crafted to perfection in 1982. The home is nestled between extensively landscaped gardens and a four-acre lake complete with a waterfall, incredible pastoral views to the south and majestic mountain views to the north.

An expansive covered outdoor barbeque area is perfect for entertaining and is located adjacent to the inviting pool and nearby pool house and tennis court. There are multiple structures on the property including three separate guest homes, a 5,500 sq.ft. movie theater with stage, several barns, animal shelter facilities, corrals and a maintenance shop.

Photo credits: Jim Bartsch

sycamore-valley-ranch-01-1620x1080.jpg

sycamore-valley-ranch-02-1697x1080.jpg

sycamore-valley-ranch-03-1600x1080.jpg

sycamore-valley-ranch-04-1771x1080.jpg

sycamore-valley-ranch-05-1620x1080.jpg

sycamore-valley-ranch-06-1620x1080.jpg

sycamore-valley-ranch-12-1497x1080.jpg

sycamore-valley-ranch-13-1920x1050.jpg

sycamore-valley-ranch-14-1620x1080.jpg

sycamore-valley-ranch-15-1620x1080.jpg

sycamore-valley-ranch-18-1618x1080.jpg

sycamore-valley-ranch-07-1550x1080.jpg

sycamore-valley-ranch-08-1550x1080.jpg

sycamore-valley-ranch-09-1620x1080.jpg

sycamore-valley-ranch-10-1611x1080.jpg

sycamore-valley-ranch-11-1620x1080.jpg

sycamore-valley-ranch-16-1620x1080.jpg

SVR_06-Main-Guest-House-lr.jpg

2928999A00000578-3101512-Mini_town_While_the_amusement_park_has_now_been_removed_there_ar-a-23_1432854494233.jpg

Sycamore Valley Ranch is co-listed with:

Harry Kolb

Office: (805) 969-0248
Cell: (805) 452-2500
E-mail: Harry@HarryKolb.com
Web: HarryKolb.com

Address:
Sotheby&#8217;s International Realty
1106 Coast Village Road, Suite C
Santa Barbara, CA 93108

For Showings & Assistance contact:
Michelle Finley-Heckmann
Phone: (805) 565-8627
E-mail: Michelle@HarryKolb.com

OFFICIAL WEB - http://www.sothebyshomes.com/Santa-Ynez-Real-Estate/sales/0113927 + http://www.suzanneperkins.com/portfolio/sycamore-valley-ranch/
+

Jeff Hyland

Office: (310) 278-3311 x708
E-mail: info@hiltonhyland.com
Web: HiltonHyland.com

Address:
Hilton & Hyland
Christie&#8217;s International Real Estate
250 North Cañon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

OFFICIAL WEB - http://www.hiltonhyland.com/listings/5225-figueroa-mountain-los-olivos-ca-93441

Last edited:
Re: (info/megaPHOTOS/maps) Sotheby/Hilton & Hyland official sale: Sycamore Valley Ranch aka NEVERLAN

Previous PICS: October 2014

99544159_o.jpg

99611167_o.jpg

99611169_o.jpg

99569516_o.jpg

99545042_o.jpg

99545916_o.jpg

99437931.jpg

99546087_o.jpg

99544088_o.jpg

I cant find my thread with the latest pics dated to 2014 .... so there are other great, awesome PICS OF NEVERLAND dated to August 2014!!!!

Last year someone posted some links on FB to a person who had visited there in the last couple of years. I will not reveal her name but wanted the MJ fans to be able to see them as well. The woman was quite disrespectful of the property in her comments. She is obviously not an MJ fan nor does she realize the privilege of walking this (sacred) property. Here are her photos:

nl+14+lake.PNG

nl+14+baby+debut+party.PNG

nl+14+bday+engagement+party.PNG

nl+14+dog.PNG

nl+14+creepiest+place+on+earth.PNG

nl+14+inside+table.PNG

nl+14+statue+and+lake.PNG

nl+14+table+champagne.PNG

nl+14+table+with+a+view.PNG

nl+14+table.PNG

Neverland+trip+032.JPG

Neverland+trip+058.JPG

Neverland+trip+059.JPG

Neverland+trip+161.JPG

Neverland+trip+163.JPG

Neverland+trip+164.JPG

Neverland+trip+173.JPG

Neverland+trip+178.JPG

Neverland+trip+185.JPG

Interesting.

Colony&#8217;s PR team does not deny this is the sale of Michael&#8217;s NL and coincidentally published the $100M sale on the same day as media outlets announced Robson&#8217;s probate claims denial.

Sotheby/Hilton & Hyland are careful not to mention Michael despite Michael being responsible for upgrades/improvements to the land which included construction of almost every structure minus the main house as well as improvements to the main house. It is an unsuccessful attempt to erase Michael from NL particularly when a picture of Michael&#8217;s world famous tree is included.

Re: (info/megaPHOTOS/maps) Sotheby/Hilton & Hyland official sale: Sycamore Valley Ranch aka NEVERLAN

I agree the timing is interesting; however I don't think it's uncommon for celebrity homes to be listed without name-dropping.

Seeing the photo of that tree though is heartbreaking. Just a tree on a property with a cool little ladder built in. Nothing special. :(

I agree the timing is interesting; however I don't think it's uncommon for celebrity homes to be listed without name-dropping.

I understand however; this is not the typical celebrity home. Michael built NL from the ground up minus the main house and even that has upgrades only Michael could have done (example: hospital beds built into the movie theater he built). He cannot be erased easily from the property simply by not mentioning his name. NL is his legacy.

By the way: is that Mount Katherine in the second posting of photos?

I doubt the timing was coincidental. They probably think like we do that all the cases will now be dismissed.
If a case had been allowed to proceed maybe it would have hindered a sale.

His tree is still there. They did not tear down the train station or the flower clock. The stone bridge is there. The theatre.

Still looks like a fairy tale to me.

The timing was great by the way. Headlines about this knocked Robson off the map.

Last edited:

I think it goes without saying that they don't need to attach Michael's name to the property. People know who it used to belong to, and they're in the business of selling the property, not selling a previous celebrity's home. You have to remember that these people are a business, they're not fans. To them it's about money, not name dropping, which isn't a bad thing in my opinion. They're just doing their jobs :)

Sidebar: That tree is super rad. Can't remember where it's located right now, but I wonder what will become of the Giving Tree?

I think it goes without saying that they don't need to attach Michael's name to the property. People know who it used to belong to, and they're in the business of selling the property, not selling a previous celebrity's home. You have to remember that these people are a business, they're not fans. To them it's about money, not name dropping, which isn't a bad thing in my opinion. They're just doing their jobs :)

Exactly.

And fans would complain if they DID use his name to sell the property.

Sidebar: That tree is super rad. Can't remember where it's located right now, but I wonder what will become of the Giving Tree?

Exactly.

And fans would complain if they DID use his name to sell the property.

That was not my point and it has nothing to do with fandom.

One may realize it is difficult to impossible to discuss Sycamore Valley Ranch without mentioning Michael because it is indeed his legacy. Why make the failed attempt? I laughed when I saw the title of the area by Google maps!

Heartbreaking indeed. Absolutely criminal something this special isn't being preserved.

Fans of the future, we apologise!

The pictures are beautiful, but hard to look at knowing someone else will take it over. So much of Michael's heart and dreams are there, his essence if you will, of what he hoped and dreamed it could be. Not just the giving tree, but his dance studio etc... I wish a way had been found to keep it and to have turned it into something beautiful and purposeful again as a testament to the man and his legacy. Not just his musical legacy but his legacy as a philanthropist. Not a realistic wish perhaps, but I do wish a way could have been found.

I agree, Sarah. On one hand, yeah, I'm aware it's just business and it's impractical, but on the other - I just can't help but be heartbroken that it's going to sell.

There's a big discussion going on in one of the MJ facebook groups I'm in right now, and this is what I just wrote, don't feel like rephrasing it:
As fans, we all have a lot of emotional investment into the ranch, and I don't know about you guys, but it's making me feel a lot of the same helplessness I felt when Michael died - so much stuff going on that a LOT of people care about and there's no way for us to influence it (rightly so).

I hope the same that the buyers are cognizant of its significance, but I understand the reality that they will do what they will with the property.

In the meantime, I hope we can all be more understanding and supportive of each other, and recognize if it's causing some legitimate grief, which I think it is. I know it does for me. The fate of the ranch really polarizes us sometimes. Remember that no matter who buys it or what they do with it (if anything! It hasn't been sold yet), nobody can take away what Neverland was and that it existed at all.

You summed it up very well. I hope they have saved the piece of the dance floor in his studio that was being preserved.

MJs_dance_floor+2011.jpg

I found it interesting that they did not mention the train station which is hard to miss. It is a huge and amazing structure. It is sad to see Neverland coming to an end. What a magnificent and magical place. I can see why Michael loved it so much. :boohoo

And thinking about it further, Neverland was Michael. It represented his spirit, his love, his purity, his magic and his magnificence. I became a huge fan around the time he bought it, so all my memories were of him living in that heavenly place. RIP Neverland.

Tygger;4092326 said:
Interesting.

Colony&#8217;s PR team does not deny this is the sale of Michael&#8217;s NL and coincidentally published the $100M sale on the same day as media outlets announced Robson&#8217;s probate claims denial.

Sotheby/Hilton & Hyland are careful not to mention Michael despite Michael being responsible for upgrades/improvements to the land which included construction of almost every structure minus the main house as well as improvements to the main house. It is an unsuccessful attempt to erase Michael from NL particularly when a picture of Michael&#8217;s world famous tree is included.

I just went to the realtor's website and very clearly on the right hand side it says: Michael Jackson Neverland Valley Ranch, and if you notice the google map also mentions Michael's name. So even though they don't mention Michael in the write up, I don't think they are trying to conceal Michael was the previous owner entirely.

I just went to the realtor's website and very clearly on the right hand side it says: Michael Jackson Neverland Valley Ranch, and if you notice the google map also mentions Michael's name. So even though they don't mention Michael in the write up, I don't think they are trying to conceal Michael was the previous owner entirely.

I saw the Google map title. I did not see what you stated in the two links in the opening post. Is there another link? Unless you are referring to the press releases (in which Michael is mentioned in each one) the only reference is to the owner before Michael.

If they really wanted to wipe Michael from it, the train station would have been demolished and the tracks torn up. They're there and look gorgeous.

I did my grieving for it and that part of Michael's life when I saw the rides being shipped out along the highway a few years back.

We will never forget it and it lives on in film.

If they really wanted to wipe Michael from it, the train station would have been demolished and the tracks torn up. They're there and look gorgeous.

Gratefully Colony bears no malice towards Michael as they should not. They formed a joint venture with him and it continues with his estate. To remove every personal touch, such as the train station, would be ridiculously costly and quite frankly, unnecessary. Michael made amazing improvements to the land which he does not often receive credit for.

I saw the Google map title. I did not see what you stated in the two links in the opening post. Is there another link? Unless you are referring to the press releases (in which Michael is mentioned in each one) the only reference is to the owner before Michael.[/QUOTE

My point was that in both instances the Google map where the property is located is labeled Michael Jackson Neverland Valley Ranch. You are correct, Michael's name in the realtor's write up is omitted, but at least the google map they are showing shows his name.

Tricia70, I understand; this is why I said the below:

That was not my point and it has nothing to do with fandom.

One may realize it is difficult to impossible to discuss Sycamore Valley Ranch without mentioning Michael because it is indeed his legacy. Why make the failed attempt? I laughed when I saw the title of the area by Google maps!

SycamoreCanyonRanch_36-Train-Station-lr.jpg

Architectural Style - French Style, Estate / Mansion

Desirable Settings - Country Living, Equestrian / Polo, Privacy, Ranch / Farm / Plantation, Wine Country Living, Fishing, Pond Front, Water/Boating Living

Garage / Parking - Garage, Attached, On-Site, Parking

Exterior Features - Barn, Deck / Patio, Gardens, Guest House, Inground Pool, Pond, Private Lake, Stables, Tennis Court, Terrace, Balcony, Pool House, Porch, Sauna, Outdoor Shower, Level Grounds, Rolling Grounds, Electronics Gates, Equestrian Facilities, Outdoor BBQ / Fireplace, Yard

Type of Property - Extra Acreage
Additional Attributes

Interior Features - 5 Fireplaces, Hardwood Flooring, Home Theatre, Library, Security System, Spa / Hot Tub, Wine Cellar / Grotto, First Floor Master, Guest Suite, Hi-Speed Internet Ready, Home Office, Air Conditioning, Chef's Kitchen, In-Law Apartment, Washer/Dryer in Unit, Exposed Brick, Floor to Ceiling Windows, Central A/C

Type of Property Single - Family Home

Views - Lakefront, Mountain Views, Water View, Farmland/Horse View, Lake View

http://www.sothebyshomes.com/Santa-Ynez-Real-Estate/sales/0113927

How did I never know there was a grotto? Are there photos of that?

Oh, guys... I cant stop looking at this photo and imagine myself to be there and... walking around... looking around all over the beautiful place and thinking of Michael... :cry:

945a924d13e6991444110f6bf4b46195.jpg

seeing these pictures brings back so many memories and I just can't believe its to be sold...even if they didn't preserve it...knowing it was still somewhat his kinda made me smile...idk its tough

great pictures, it is a very beautiful property and a house done with really good taste:)

Back