NBA Finals 2015

barbee0715

Proud Member
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors. Anybody else watching this besides me? I'm not really into sports, but I like basketball and baseball. (Because I more or less understand the rules).
Who are you rooting for?

Im so glad Lebron lost, he is 2-4 in the Finals, and even his 2 wins came on a team of mercenaries. No more bullshit talk he is as good as Jordan

I was rooting for Steven Curry and the Golden State Warriors-there's something about him I like-and it's probably that adorable little daughter of his that he kept taking to press conferences-even tho the press corp didn't like it-but the last game seemed like such a blow-out that it was almost anti-climatic.

I've never been a fan of LeBron and rooted against him in every Finals he has been in until now, but this year I found myself rooting for the Cavs. LeBron was very impressive. After Kyrie dropped out at the end of Game 1 I thought the series would be over, but instead we got some surprisingly close games. I also liked their physical style of play (I grew up with 90s basketball and miss the physicality the game had back then).

With that said, the Jordan comparisons don't do it for me either. It's not rose-tinted glasses like some say, statistically Jordan just scores better in every regard. And that missed shot at the end of regulation in Game 1 just showed LeBron is not clutch like MJ (or even Kobe). The series could have looked very different if they'd won that game, but his shot selection was just awful there.

Re: NBA Finals 2016

Well, well.......the result sure is different this year isn't it?

I'd be lying if I said I watched all seven games (or the rest of the season for the matter), but I did tune in for the last two games. I was overjoyed with the result.

This was a truly historic and magnificent event, not only in terms of sportsmanship - the only team to come back from 3-1 and win the finals, but it also is a wonderful example of the endurance of the human spirit. Them folks in Cleveland hadn't seen a trophy in over five decades. No wonder they jammed the streets yesterday and turned out for the party :D

138221508dce0e50f50208ce051842bb164d28812a72f6be0708858f7023158fe423a927.jpg

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2016/06/nba_finals.html

20624950-mmmain.jpg

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2016/06/crowd_estimated_near_1_million.html

GettyImages-541786522_1466547893198_3252696_ver1.0.jpg

I distinctly remember being so impressed by his letter two years ago when he promised to bring the title to the city. Didn't think he would make it this soon. Awesome, awesomely inspiring story of human triumph and dedication, a true champion indeed.

I really enjoyed the play-offs and yes congrats to Cleveland, they finally break the curse (watch 30 for 30: Believeland on ESPN to see why) and congrats to the Warriors for having the best record with 73-9. However my Bulls team of 96 still had the great season in NBA history cause they got the ring :dancin:

6359633926917158481970988817_Bulls_1390489_crop_exact.jpg

^exactamundo
Unfortunately Kevin Durant took the easy route and joined Golden State for a super team, no one is going to challenge Cleveland in the east, so we are going to get Cavs/Warriors yet again. So predictable

Back