NBC Sports chairman wants hockey beards shaved off during the NHL Playoffs

PoP

Proud Member
Country
Canada
:mad:I am so peeved yesterday when I heard that NBC Sports Chairman Mark Lazarus wants to kill the tradition of hockey beards during the NHL Playoffs.

lazarus_a.jpg

Mark Lazarus (NBC Sports Chairma) BOOOOO!!!! RETARD!!!!

476386338.jpg

Steven Stamkos (Tampa Bay Lightning captain) WOOOO!!! HOCKEY BEARDS RULE!!!!!

Mark Lazarus should shut the hell up and mind his own damned business. It's the players and the fans choice to have a hockey beard before and during the playoffs. He has no right to kill one of hockey's finest traditions, the players grow their beards since during the 80's the time NY Islander won the Stanley Cup a few times in row. I grew my beard for th playoffs since 2009 and never shaved it until who wins the Stanley Cup and until 2013 I decided the grew my beard before the playoffs (mainly at the end of January) and this year I decided to shave my beard off before the playoffs because my team the Boston Bruins didn't make the playoffs.

If Lazarus requested the beards to be shaved off next playoffs. Then he'll be added into my H8 list. Beard hater!!!:mad:

he doesnt get hockey culture:mat: could be like a league wide dress code that the NBa has. I know the yankees have a facial hair policy that got Don mattinly in trouble, never heard of anyone else

he doesnt get hockey culture:mat: could be like a league wide dress code that the NBa has. I know the yankees have a facial hair policy that got Don mattinly in trouble, never heard of anyone else

Exactly. And I bet he's never watched "Duck Dynasty" either. I tweeted yesterday about my displeasure with what he say about hockey beards and I even say "HOCKEYBEARDS 4 LIFE BABY!". I always admire the beards in hockey. Many players I watched growing up like Scott Stevens, Eric Lindros, Ray Bourque, Ed Belfour, Scott Niedermayer, Dave Andreychuk grew thier beards during the playoffs including the Stanley Cup Final and some didn't bother to grow their beards. That's their right and choice.

How he can really do it? I don't think he can demand players to shave their facial hair. :D

Back