Janet Jackson Announces "UNBREAKABLE WORLD TOUR"!!!

I have never been so stoked to live in Van-City. Also her Santa Barbara shows are happening less than a week before I'll be in LA :(

Last edited:
Janet-Unbreakable-World-Tour-500.png

NORTH AMERICA:
8/31 - Rogers Arena - Vancouver, BC
9/2 - Scotiabank Saddledome - Calgary, Alberta
9/4 - Rexall Place - Edmonton, Alberta
9/7 - SaskTel Centre - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
9/8 - MTS Center - Winnipeg, Manitoba
9/11 - Van Andel Arena - Grand Rapids, Michigan
9/12 - PNC Pavilion - Cincinnati, Ohio
9/15 - Air Canada Centre - Toronto, Ontario
9/17 - Walnut Creek Amphitheater - Raleigh, NC
9/18 - PNC Music Pavilion - Charlotte, NC
9/20 - American Airlines Arena - Miami, FL
9/23 - Amway Center - Orlando, FL
9/24 - Amalie Arena - Tampa, FL
9/26 - Chastain Park Amphitheater - Atlanta, Georgia
9/27 - Ascend Amphitheater - Nashville, TN
9/29 - FedExForum - Memphis, TN
9/30 - Smoothie King Center - New Orleans, LA
10/9 - The AXIS at Planet Hollywood - Las Vegas, NV
10/10 - The AXIS at Planet Hollywood - Las Vegas, NV
10/13 - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - San Francisco, CA
10/14 - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - San Francisco, CA
10/16 - The Forum - Inglewood, CA
10/17 - Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl San Diego State University - San Diego, CA
10/19 - Comerica Theatre - Phoenix, AZ
10/21 - Santa Barbara Bowl - Santa Barbara, CA
10/22 - Santa Barbara Bowl - Santa Barbara, CA
10/24 - Energy Solutions Arena - Salt Lake City, UT
10/25 - Pepsi Center - Denver, CO
10/27 - Sprint Center - Kansas City, MO
10/29 - Chaifetz Arena - Saint Louis, Missouri
10/30 - CenturyLink Center Omaha - Omaha, Nebraska
11/1 - Target Center - Minneapolis, MN
11/3 - The Chicago Theater - Chicago, IL
11/4 - The Chicago Theater - Chicago, IL
11/12 - Neal S. Blaisdell Center - Honolulu, HI
11/13 - Neal S. Blaisdell Center - Honolulu, HI

http://www.livenation.com/artists/81357/janet-jackson
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/jun ... stories%29

First single from new album will be song "No Sleep"
Pre-order album: http://janetjackson.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=71675_71686&pc=JXCD01
Pre-order album and "No Sleep" on vinyl: http://janetjackson.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=71675_71686&pc=JX03COMBO

Maybe I can go on 9/23! That's a cool graphic, too.

Last edited:
Dont tell me the albums called invincible and no sleep! and her promotional tool will be keeping randy happy by talking about horses and water every chance she gets.

I'll be going to the San Francisco show (first date)!! Ill be taking my wife and our 7 year old daughter who's a HUGE Janet fan!! Can't wait!!!

Soon as I have dollars again, I'm going! If I can't get in the LA show then probably Santa Barbara.

Not a big fan of the promo graphic though. I used to make blends like that...when I was 15. :)

Can we please not use this thread as a reason to just question every move she makes? There are plenty of other places and spaces to criticize her. Michael is not the first and only person to have a project named Unbreakable. It's a common theme, really. Just wait and see what the album is about.

Do you all think this will be the total of US cities in her tour? I didn't see Texas (or New York for that matter) on this list.
But she played here in 2010 so maybe that's too soon to come again??

No word on the brothers joining the tour. I was hoping they would. Darn.

The family called AEG irresponsible and cruel in the trial for the Tour -Setting of the TII tour. I think Michael had 50 concerts in 6 or 7 months with 3-month break and a maximum of 2 or 3 concerts a week.
But the 50 year old Janet signed tours with day to day concerts, 35 concerts in 2.5 months and the even older brothers signed also tours with day to day-concerts.

this TII/AEG thing isn't exactly on topic but to be clear Michael's TII agreement specifically stated "3.5 shows a week" so yeah, he had to perform every other day.

I get your point, but to be fair, I think we all can agree that the caliber and level of Michael's performances, and the prep and rehearsal involved is so far above and beyond anything else going on onstage. I love watching Janet, don't get me wrong, and she is a great entertainer, but Michael is miles above others.

I don't see why so many are bashing Janet...UNBREAKABLE is not a MJ only theme/word.. Get over it.. U don't have to be a fan of hers.. If u don't have anything nice to say, then move on!

No you can check the tour-list.

I had tickets, so I am very familiar with the schedule. Yes, I know there was a break and two legs in the tour. But this was per his contract. While the residency was active he had to perform 3.5 shows a week which literally equates to one show every other day.

This may come as a shock to some of you, but Michael is not the only artist who has used the "Unbreakable" title. Look:

Albums

Songs

^ he's the only one on that list who's also her brother. I don't think it's a coincidence.

It means all those singers didn't have a more creative title to name their song because from that list it shows Michael had a song with the Unbreakable title first. Another one joining that list of not having a more creative title.

Well, then I guess that would mean that you think Alicia Keys ripped off MJ.
And that Backstreet Boys ripped him off as well.
And Scorpions.
And Bon Jovi.
And Conchita Wurst.

GOD FORBID SOMEONE ELSE USES A TITLE ALREADY USED BY THE KING OF POP!!!!11

I found her web site and she has little Vevo vids showing the auditions for her dancers a la TII. Guess a DVD is planned.

it's only because it's his own sister. The other people aren't.

I would have called it "the One more Chance" tour.
That could have all sorts of double meanings.

Or what happened to that Conversation theme?

If she had called it the Thriller Tour or Dangerous Tour, I could see your point.

But Unbreakable? Really, how many people outside the hardcore MJ fanbase even knows that Michael made a song called "Unbreakable"?

Well, then I guess that would mean that you think Alicia Keys ripped off MJ.
And that Backstreet Boys ripped him off as well.
And Scorpions.
And Bon Jovi.
And Conchita Wurst.

Don't put words there weren't in my comment. I never said those songs copied/ripped off Michael's. I said they didn't come up with a more creative title.

Don't put words there weren't in my comment. I never said those songs copied/ripped off Michael's. I said they didn't come up with a more creative title.

I was only referring to the title.

The fact that so many people in here seem to be pissed off that Janet would even dare to use a title that Michael used... It just fascinates me.

I know that many of those people have a thorn in their side when it comes to Janet, but still... Come on, guys.

Back