Evolution of Michael Jackson by Pentatonix

Re: Tribute by Pentatonix

They did a great job covering the songs, I'm really impressed, but this is my issue, What about HIStory, BOTDF and Invincible? I hate it when people neglect the later years in his catalogue. This is just perpetuating the myth that MJ's later work was not as good as his work was prior to HIStory.

I've been a fan of their work for a few years now and have been waiting for something like this. The Will You Be There / Heal the World ending. Wow! Also, if you're a beat boxing / cello fan, I would really check out Kevin Olusola's solo work. He's absolutely stunning!

Last edited:
Re: Tribute by Pentatonix

Honestly, I think that Michael's later work (especially Invincible) shows some of his greatest artistic growth. Listen to "Threatened" where a cinderblock sliding across the ground is part of the background, or "Privacy" where the sound of a paparazzi camera is inserted. I really do wish that they had incorporated his work beyond Dangerous. :sigh:

I'm happy that they included some Jackson 5 stuff. They're really good.

I think they were only including big "hit" songs-but I think they should have included "You Rock My World"-that charted in the top 10, didn't it????

Back