Shenmue III is finally happening after 14 years! BACK IT ON KICKSTARTER

Xscape2041

Proud Member
shenmue_1.jpg

Shenmue 3 is the true sequel to the classic open world action RPG games, Shenmue and Shenmue 2. Created for modern platforms (PC and PlayStation 4) and built in Unreal 4, Shenmue 3 will continue the legacy of Shenmue.

With your help, we can #SaveShenmue and rejoin Ryo and our favorite characters on this new adventure!

Here is the video from E3 https://youtu.be/ZNt_Pc6IdMc

The story: Where we left off... Ryo Hazuki has made his way to China in search of his father’s killer. There he meets a new travelling companion, Shenhua, and learns of a legend from her village that has foretold their path together.

The story continues as Ryo and Shenhua start off on a new journey that will take them farther into enemy territory, deeper into mystery, and ever closer to their destiny.

Will the mystery of the mirrors be revealed? How is Ryo’s father connected to all of this? Will Ryo track down the Chi You Men cartel and face Lan Di in a final showdown?

Please back it now on kickstarter (and post here if you backed it): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3
The basic goal of 2 million dollars has been reached. However, they need five million dollars to make it a decent game with features they really would like to build for Shenmue 3, 10 million to make it a truly open world.

Contrary to popular believe, Sony does not fund the development of the game or receive anything from the kickstarter money. They only help to port the PC version to PS4 and with marketing.
The quality and scope of the game is very much determined by how much kickstarter funds are raised.

You can back it here, be part of gaming history, and get a digital copy or more starting at 29 dollars: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

Last edited:
I lost my shit when I heard about this. The Kickstarter is already at $3.5 million but it seems to have slowed down a lot. I plan on pledging some money when I get the chance but I don't know how much I want to pay. $100 for demo access sounds mighty tempting...

Did you hear it here first or did you know already?
Just pledge for it! :) For 100 you not only get the trial version, but also your name in the credits, you can choose between a digital full version for PC or PS4 or a physical backer-only PC version, and you can participate in surveys and vote in polls for the ideas you want to see in the game

Did you hear it here first or did you know already?
Just pledge for it! :) For 100 you not only get the trial version, but also your name in the credits, you can choose between a digital full version for PC or PS4 or a physical backer-only PC version, and you can participate in surveys and vote in polls for the ideas you want to see in the game

Do you have to choose what platform you want the digital copy on right after you pledge or can you wait? I'm undecided on if I want it on PS4 or PC. Since I don't own a PS4 yet the PC would seem like the obvious choice, but I do want a PS4 eventually...

Wonder if the demo has a non-disclosure agreement, cause you know everyone is going to want to LP that.

Do you have to choose what platform you want the digital copy on right after you pledge or can you wait? I'm undecided on if I want it on PS4 or PC. Since I don't own a PS4 yet the PC would seem like the obvious choice, but I do want a PS4 eventually...

Wonder if the demo has a non-disclosure agreement, cause you know everyone is going to want to LP that.

You can pledge right now and also change your pledge until the campaign is over. They will only charge your credit card at the end of the campaign and not earlier. Just select which pledge you want.
They will send you a survey at a later date where you can decide which Version you would like to have.

The core game will be amazing, but with more backers it will get a Lot bigger. Here are the Stretch goals:

a415bdd840a389fynmbrzo4eu.png

I wish they would remaster the first 2 games in HD and release them on PS4. I would buy because I haven't played them.

I wish they would remaster the first 2 games in HD and release them on PS4. I would buy because I haven't played them.

maybe it will happen sometime in the 2-3 years until Shenmue III is supposed to be released, but that is in SEGA`s hands. If at all it will be just a ports without any significant upgrades imo, but they are still amazing nonetheless.
You can get Shenmue 1+2 on Dreamcast and a port of part 2 also on the first Xbox. There also seems to be an emulated version for PC around...

Anyway, according to the stretch goals the "cinema shorts" from part 1+2 will be included in part 3, so you would know what has happend before.
If part 3 is anything like the prequels, it`s worth backing if you can, even though you didn`t play the first 2 parts :)

lots of new rewards again: Be an ingame character, your photo and name in the game,backer exclusive ingame phonecard to phone persons (including flashbacks) from part 1+2 (since you are in China in part 3).

Back the game here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3
The campaign is running out in just 9 days!

With only 8 days left in the campaign, the following stretch goals have been reached so far which will expand the basic core game:

-cinema shorts from shenmue 1+2 (which will tell the story so far)
-subtitles in multible languages
-Rapport System
-Skill Tree System
-Baisha Village expanded with: 5 Minigames, infiltration mission, additional quest

The next strechgoal to be reached at 4.6 Mio will be a "Battle Event" in Baisha Village

If the campaign reaches 5 Mio, the integration of the for Yu Suzuki and Shenmue 3 very important "Character Perspective System" will be possible.
At 10 or more million the game will be "a truly open world", at 5 it will be only story-focused.

Here are the stretchgoals:
065ae953d09519b9wcfypo5v6.png

And here is a video which could give you an idea what Shenmue 3 will be about:
https://youtu.be/eoAII3iHXOM

So if you are just a tiny bit interested in a special game visit the kickstarter page and be part of HIStory :) :
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

As I write this there are 267 views on this topic. Has anyone pledged for the game on kickstarter? :)

The next strechgoal of 4.6 million has just been reached: A Baisha Village Expansion with a battle event.

Next goal 5 Mio. to get the Character Perspective System implemented!

As I write this there are 267 views on this topic. Has anyone pledged for the game on kickstarter? :)

I keep meaning to but then I get distracted and forget. >.> I better do it this weekend... after I pay my bills lol.

Yes, go ahead and do it. :) There are only about 5 days to go until the campaign finishes.

For the 100 you mentioned you now get even more: Participation in surveys, a backer-only physical or digital copy for PC or PS4, the trial Version, your name in the credits and a backer-exclusive ingame phonecard to call friends from Part 1 and 2, you also get flashback scenes that way.

Last edited:
Finally made my pledge! Went for the $100 reward. Now here's hoping my computer can actually run the demo when it comes out. XD

That cutscene looks so pretty. O_O And seeing Shenhua reminds me I need to go finish the first game (and play the second one, once I'm able to procure a copy of it) so I know what the hell is going on lol.

The kickstarter has ended, and Shenmue III officially broke the record for most funded videogame on kickstarter.
It was funded with 6.333.295 dollars by 69320 backers (old record: 5.545.991 $ by Bloodstained).

The following stretchgoals have been reached (to get the remaining stretchgoals a Paypal option will soon be available).
http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/final1dbb7cc467m17c682hxk.png

Please check for updates on the game here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

AND THUS THE SAGA... CONTINUES

Back