Captain EO Could Be Coming To Disney Infinity

HIStory

Proud Member
Captain EO Could Be Coming To Disney Infinity

I still haven’t gotten into Disney’s popular collectible toy video game platform Disney Infinity, despite the fact I own four Disney Infinity figures (hey, they just look cool). Disney is gearing up to launch the third version of the game platform which will include Star Wars, Inside Out and more, and now we are hearing the future could feature another George Lucas property.

No, not Indiana Jones (not yet at least, although a Indy-focused Disney Infinity set is bound to happen eventually), but instead the George Lucas-produced Francis Ford Coppola-directed Disneyland 3D short film Captain EO which starred Michael Jackson and Anjelica Huston. But will Disney actually release Captain EO Disney Infinity content? Find out the details after the jump.

zz697e018d-550x851.jpg

The 3D sci-fi short film has been a favorite of 1980’s Disney fanatics. Shown at Disney theme parks from 1986 through 1996, the short returned as a tribute following the Jackson’s death, from 2010 to 2015. And now it looks like Captain EO might live on inside the digital toy box of Disney Infinity.

Infinity VP John Vignocchi recently confirmed that he has secured the approval of Martin Scorsese, George Lucas, and the Jackson estate to produce some kind of Captain EO content inside Disney Infinity:

Now I don’t think Captain EO holds enough recognition with today’s youth to have its own set, but you never know. I’d love to get my hands on Fuzzball and Hooter Disney Infinity figures.

The 17-minute film cost a record $17 million in 1986 ($35 million adjusted for inflation), which minute for minute was the most expensive motion picture of all time. Steven Spielberg was originally signed on to direct the movie but had to cancel due to scheduling conflicts with his other film projects. The film opened in Epcot and Disneyland in mid-September 1986, Tokyo Disneyland in March 1987, and Disneyland Paris in 1992. The action on the screen was recreated for the live audience using lasers, laser impacts, smoke effects, and starfields that filled the theater. The presentation was replaced by Honey I Shrunk the Audience, another live interaction 3D short.

The story followed Captain Eo and his rugged ragtag crew who went on a mission to deliver a special gift to a wicked queen (played by Anjelica Huston) who lives on a dark, desolate world. Captain EO can be found online on many of the video sharing websites. The film featured two songs, “We Are Here to Change the World” and “Another Part of Me” by Michael Jackson.

http://www.slashfilm.com/captain-eo-disney-infinity/

I haven't dabbled into Disney Infinity at all, but this would be really cool if it happened! I wonder what they would do... figurines of Fuzzball or Hooter, perhaps? Or they could have his ship in the game somewhere.

It would be great but I wouldn't play it. Disney Infinity is a money grab. You need to buy toys to get more content in the game.

They should put Captain EO back on Disney attracttions, for good this time and no more taking it down ever again. Captain EO is my perfect reason of wanting to go to either Disney World or Disneyland one of these days.

I don't wanna get my hopes up yet in case it doesn't happen but I always wanted to see more of Captain EO. :)

I tweeted a question about EO to Disney Infinity a few weeks ago and they said anything is possible (lame answer lol).. But my kids and I play the game pretty often and have tons of characters! I hope hope HOPE they do come out with a Captain EO figurine! My kids and I would flip!

giphy.gif

Is it like action figures or is it just online characters? I don't know Disney Infinity :ph34r:

Is it like action figures or is it just online characters? I don't know Disney Infinity :ph34r:

It's a video game that uses this thing you plug into the xbox/wii/playstation and place the character you want to play as on it. That's how they make the money. Selling of the toy figures.
When you place the figure on the thingy, then you activate the character to play as in the game.

disney-infinity.jpg

Here's the link to the article
http://venturebeat.com/2016/03/01/disney-infinity-designers-explain-why-we-dont-need-4-0-and-a-possible-michael-jackson-figure/

And for those of you that don't feel like reading the article.

Blackburn: The cool one is, he’s been carrying the torch for Captain EO [a 3D film shown in the theme parks starring Michael Jackson] for a long time.

Above: Captain EO is like the most ’80s thing ever.

GamesBeat: Oh, my god.

Blackburn: That one’s a challenge for all the approvals. A lot of times, when we’re working on these things, the stakeholders have rights as to whether or not we can do things and we need to make sure we’re happy with what we do. It happens that Captain EO is the most complicated one that we’ll ever run into.

Vignocchi: I’m working on it! It’s like, George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, [Francis Ford] Coppola, and then the Jackson estate. We’ll make it there one day.

Sounds cool!:)
What do you all think!

Re: Possible MJ Disney infinity character.

It's nice to see EO live on.

If Captain EO ends ip on Disney Infinity game, I'd get that game.

I would love to see that happening!But, what moveset he could have?

That nice.i love Captain EO .

I don't play Disney Infinity but if they were able to put Captain EO in there that would be cool. Hell, even better: put him in Kingdom Hearts!

I don't play Disney Infinity but if they were able to put Captain EO in there that would be cool. Hell, even better: put him in Kingdom Hearts!

OMG! if they actually did that I would die! XD I adore Kingdom Hearts and that would be too perfect! :wub:

I agree. Captain EO should be on Kingdom Hearts game.

Back