What is your Favorite Song from BAD!?

Mjfan9

Proud Member
Personally :D I have tons of favorites from Bad but Liberian Girl will always be my favorite! :blush: how his voice sounds on that sounds just drives me crazy ...

Well I can tell you that it's definitely not Smooth Criminal. Never cared for that song

Lol me and my cousins know all the words to that song because of how many times we watch the video. 😂

Well I can tell you that it's definitely not Smooth Criminal. Never cared for that song

Wait.. WHAT?! :bugeyed

It's really hard to pick my favorite from the album. I like them all. Except for Speed Demon. I like the song. But it's not my favorite.

Oh my gosh, my little cousin LOVES that song because of his game for the Wii!! 😂😂😂😂she be singing all the words and everything !

tumblr_mz59sxDCdC1s8rhj4o7_250.gif

Smooth Criminal
Liberian Girl
Dirty Diana
The Way You Make Me Feel

Are still my most favorite songs from that album. Especially The Way You Make Me Feel. Michael just looks so cute and yet so very sexy in my framed TWYMMF silk poster. But at one time MITM was also one of my most favorite songs from the Bad album as well. But not any more. To me that song no longer even exist.:( Blamed July 7th of that horrible year for that.:boohoo

Hard to pick just one but I would say that Man in the Mirror is the best. Smooth Criminal and The Way You Make Me Feel are also there in top 3.

Difficult decision indeed,in the eighties I would have said Smooth Criminal,possibly Man in the Mirror but I would now say Dirty Diana is my favourite song from the Bad album.

The Bad album includes several songs are not only vital to making the album itself stick out, but are also crucial to understanding Mike's legacy. "Smooth Criminal" has to be without a doubt his finest composition, for lyrical content, complex rhythm arrangement, and overall production values. It's one of the greatest songs of the 80's and one of the most unique songs in popular music history you'll ever hear. I also think that as a whole, all songs excluding "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", "Just Good Friends" and maybe "Liberian Girl", are not interchangeable, especially now that we've been exposed to the demos during the that era. Those songs could have been replaced with "Cheater", "Al Capone" (with more polished production), "Streetwalker", "Price Of Fame", and/or "Abortion Papers".

It's interesting because I believe his main weakness as a artist to be song selection. On Off The Wall it's "Girlfriend", on Thriller it's "The Girl Is Mine", on Bad it's the songs above, on Dangerous it's "Heal The World" and "Gone Too Soon" and on HIStory it's "Smile" and "Come Together". All these songs could have and should have been released as stand-alone singles and would've still sold well. It becomes even more apparent when listening to the demos and the unreleased during each era.

It's tough to pick just one from the best album ever made ! But I'm going to go with Smooth Criminal, to me it's MJ at his creative peak.

This is a question I find impossible to answer. I regard them all almost the same. The whole album is flawless.

The Bad album is basically a greatest hits album as far as I am concerned.

How can you not like Speed Demon? Such a funky song. Always loved it. I even love Just Good Friends despite of the flak it usually gets (never understood that). It's hard to pick one because it's full of great songs. Can I pick 3? Then it would be

Smooth Criminal
Liberian Girl
Man in the Mirror

and Speed Demon :p

Smooth Criminal. One of the best songs ever! All the rest are great as well but Smooth is one of those once in a lifetime tracks.

I really love the BAD album, man; each and every song on it showcases Michael at his best. While I could say every song on there are my favorites, my absolute favorite would have to be the title track! It's just so funky and the composition and instrumentation is just so...

(Does dance moves from the music portion of the short film to prove his point)

Liberian Girl all the way...I love the ad libs in the climactic chorus ("all the time"). :jump:

Very very hard as Bad is a great album and one of my favourites. I love all of the songs on that album, but to me it has to be The Way you make me feel, its cookie cutter Michael Perfection, Bad's answer to Billie Jean, the dancing, the beat, the video, the aows!, everything combines just to make it his most memorbale track on that album and it is probably my favourite Michael Jackson song ever. It knocks me offa my feet!

Next would be Just Good friends (I have a weakness for Stevie Wonder) and Smooth Criminal.

Wait.. WHAT?! :bugeyed

It's really hard to pick my favorite from the album. I like them all. Except for Speed Demon. I like the song. But it's not my favorite.
I am the same. Each and every song with the exception of Speed Demon (which I always thought was foreshadowing of what was to come-not as "musical" as the rest). But the video dance with Spike more than made up for it-so I would never throw that song out!

It's hard to choose, because this is his 2nd album that I love completely and don't skip tracks while playing it (my favorite Mike album is Off The Wall).

Smooth Criminal always gets the most repeated plays for me. :)

I think every track on this album is good. IJCSLY would probably be at the bottom (though I still think it's solid). Top track? Hmm, maybe I'd go with Man in the Mirror. But Smooth Criminal, Bad, Another Part Of Me and Speed Demon are all right there too, with Dirty Diana, Liberian Girl, Just Good Friends and Leave Me Alone only slightly trailing.

Just an excellent album from top to bottom.

This is hard because it varies from day to day. Usually I would say Man in the Mirror, followed probably by Dirty Diana, but at the moment I'm learning Smooth Criminal on acoustic guitar and am in love with the live version so ...

My top two faves are probably "Man in the Mirror" and "The Way You make Me Feel". The title track is good too, and I love his duet with Stevie Wonder on "Just Good Friends". As for the "Bad 25" reissue, my fave bonuses are "Price of Fame" and "Song Groove".

Dirty Diana, Smooth Criminal, Bad, Leave Me Alone, Man In The Mirror. Bad is much better than Thriller :p .

That is like Sophie's choice! Unbiased (if I can be that haha) I'd say The way you make me feel and Dirty Diana.

Biased I'd say Man in the mirror and Smooth criminal, since watching Moonwalker made me fall in love with him when I was a little kid back in the days, so those will always have a special place in my heart. That opening with all the audience and him getting it all out there was just pure magic, and then I'm a sucker for him in that white suit and the lean and all, so I don't know how to judge those songs without thinking of the videos, bc I can't lol.

Another Part Of Me
Smooth Criminal
Dirty Diana
Man In The Mirror
TWYMMF
Liberian Girl
Bad
Speed Demon
IJCSTLY
Leave Me Alone
Just Good Friends

APOM may seem like a strange choice, but it just has THE FUNK. Even now after nearly thirty years since I first heard it, i get excited, my heart beats faster, I smile and can't keep still...

Let's face it: the Bad album is perfection. Hit after hit after hit from start to finish.

Let's face it: the Bad album is perfection. Hit after hit after hit from start to finish.

You know, it's only when you stop & think about it (as I do often) that you realise why MJ was so huge.

The quality of albums released in this order:

Off The Wall -> Thriller -> Bad

All so groovy, sexy, emotional, funky and appealing through all boundaries.

Then you get Dangerous which is less commercial & more dark but even better than it's predecessors for it. Some stunning songwriting, amazing delivery & perfect production.

Then HIStory, even less commercial than Dangerous but no worse for it. Again the songwriting of pieces such as Earth Song, Stranger in Moscow, Little Susie, Childhood & of course TDCAU.

Remind me, how is anyone NOT a Michael Jackson fan?

Back