Michael Jackson helped me fight cancer

Michael Lopez

Proud Member
Hello everyone I'm not sure where to post this on her but I've been a Michael Jackson FAN since 2001 when Chris Tucker sang Don't Stop Till You Get Enough in Rush Hour 2 when it released, just a small background but I'm posting here because if it wasn't for his music I don't think I would have survived chemotherapy because I would always get up and both dance and sing to his music before, during and after chemotherapy, even as I received the poison called Cytarabine so I made a video talking about how I overcame cancer by dancing to his music. I nearly died multiple times, got very sick, but I still danced to his music, ran, exercised and danced some more. When I get angry I usually dance to Scream (I love that one for a stress relief. I'll end it here though and share my video if you all like it please share it and let me know what you think, thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7YiAAL1OYQ

(Janet Jackson is coming to Orlando, FL in September and I already bought my ticket to see her!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Thanks for sharing your video. What an 'inspirational' one :clapping:

I'm sure Michael is 'smiling' down from heaven to see how you turned a 'nightmare' into something 'healing' and positive. That is Michael's "healing power". He gives you hope though you think you've lost it all.

Take care, man :punk:

That's so glad to hear. Michael and the power of his music.

That's so nice. Hope you are doing well and stay strong!

Hola Michael :) I actually wanted to make this a private message. I don't usually do that anymore, but I wanted to make an exception in your case. I can't access your account (probably because you have only one post), so I'll have to write it all in here. Everyone else readin' this is welcome to bugger off, this is between Michael and me...........:p only kidding.

I just want you to know how touched and moved I was by your brave testimony - everything from the words to the dance moves to the pictures and stories of people who touched your life in such amazing ways. You truly are a very brave young man. Your experience is nothing short of inspirational. It may not mean much since I can be quite the crybaby, but I must tell you that I cried basically throughout the entire video, especially towards the end.

In moments like these, when I see Michael's work having such profound, life-changing experiences and being a source of strength and comfort for people I cannot help but be so terribly proud of him. I'm sure if he would have been around and seen your video, he would have been more than pleased to see his music inspire people in such positive ways. It is one of major reasons why he shared it with the world.

It says a lot about your character that you used dance as a way for fight your battle. Same as you, I try not to judge other people and I'm convinced those addicted to all kinds of substances have very deep and mostly justified reasons for their addiction, but your way of dealing with the harsh blows life throws at us is soooo much healthier. I assume exercise and practicing all kinds of sports can have a similar effect on people. I can wiggle and prance around a bit myself and I can absolutely understand how dance can be an outlet and release of tension, frustration, loneliness and despair. Unfortunately, I don't foresee sending any video testimony of my own.

Btw of dance - your Dangerous routine was absolutely fantastic, while the last images were beyond incredible. The fact that you would dance then, in those circumstances, makes it all even more amazing. They may not have been your technically best moves, but because of the context, they were the most inspiring. And to answer that question with which the video ends.......yes, that was not just cool, but wonderful :D I still can't believe you actually did the lean. How on earth did you manage that one? Blurred out or not lol

I hope your life will be made of much brighter occasions and I hope you will meet people worthy of your character and poise. I'm sure you are very grateful for those few, loyal ones who stood by your side in your darkest hours. Surely there must be at least one brave girl somewhere there in Orlando who will be able to see well beyond your medical past and appreciate you for the awesome young man you are and you've probably always been.

Enjoy Janet's show in September; I'm sure it's gonna rock. She is an awesome live performer; I and the countless multitudes who have seen over the decades can vouch for that.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I hope you are doing great by now. Sending you best wishes all the way.

I just watched your video Michael and was amazed. Your story is incredibly moving and your determination in remarkable. I think Michael Jackson would be very moved and proud that it was his music you were motivated by. I wish you all the best life has to offer, you've earned it.

I found your video very inspiring.

Last edited:
Back