https://twitter.com/SpikeLee

HEY Party People.
The Annual Summer Event Is Almost Here.
This Year We Are Having A Mash-Up Of Our BK LOVES MJ
and DO THE RIGHT THING BLOCK PARTIES.
AWWWWW SHEEEEETTTTT

wish he kept them separate but i assume its cost efficient lol

wish he kept them separate but i assume its cost efficient lol

This is the first time he's doing this (blending the two), so I seriously doubt it's about cost. Why should he keep them separate? I don't see anyone else celebrating Mike's birthday on a level like this and making it a free event to attend. Are you?

I like the idea :punk:

arrghhhh I am so mad I can't go to this!! I was an intern in 2011 in New Jersey and I waited ALL SUMMER to save my trip to NYC so I could go to the party! Unfortunately stupid Hurricane Irene came and ruined all of my plans :(

I absolutely will make it out there, I really hopes he keeps doing this.

I'd go, but I'm 2.5 months shy of my 1 year anniversary at my job and won't be eligible for a vacation before the one year mark. I plan on going next year, though! :woohoo: :punk:

I'll join you, Sheila! I wish I had the money to book the trip right now. Between wanting to go back to my home state for our fair and BK

I definitely want to go next year. If only I could hop a plane and go for the weekend, but I'm in Vancouver, and I already booked my vacation time from work to go to LA at the end of October until the first week of November. Next year though. MJParty ;) And Reibish - My friend is probably heading back before I do, which means I'll be in LA alone for a couple days if you wanna show me around? I'm in the process of figuring out which hostel to book with.

And Reibish - My friend is probably heading back before I do, which means I'll be in LA alone for a couple days if you wanna show me around? I'm in the process of figuring out which hostel to book with.

yasss!!!

If I can make a recommendation, since hostels are going to be expensive as hotels - it's really crappy but there's a Motel 6 right off Hollywood and Whitley. Every time I ever went to LA before I moved, I'd stay there. It's not amazing, but for the area it's cheap and you're very easily accessible and central to pretty much everything.

Yass Queen! DM me and I'll send you my FB details? I have been to LA before, so I kind of know my way around, but I don't have a car this time. Thanks for the tip, but I like hostels cause they feed me and I can meet people to hang out with. I've traveled enough and stayed in enough hostels to swallow the price. Staying alone in hotels, motels, holidays inn's creeps me out (don't know why?) ;) Also, since you can't go to NYC, I know there's a birthday thing for MJ called Michael on Monday on August 24th. It says it'll have DJ's and display Moonwalker and it's put on by the City of LA. It's at The Short Stop (1455 Sunset Boulevard.) https://www.facebook.com/events/1615761188698333/

I definitely feel you on the hotels/hostels thing. When I travel abroad I won't stay in a hotel until I absolutely have to. Hostels are the shiznit!

Thank you for the August 24 thing!! I amd efinitely going, there is no reason to not see Moonwalker anywhere anytime. I really want to go ~out~ on his birthday and hope I can find a good dance party or something to attend.

PMing you posthaste!!

I wish Vancouver did something ... anything. I figured LA would probably have a few events kicking around? I'll see what else I can find for ya (just for variety purposes :p )

You know the NYC #MJFam will all be there see my signature too see who else you might know is going.

Or you can just hang with us!

See everyone there!

AWWWWW SHEEEEETTTTT

:rofl: That cracked me up! I got an audio and a visual of it. :D

Anyway, this sounds like fun.
My friend, a Brooklyn resident, has been trying to get me to visit for a while now.
Here's another good reason to go so maybe I should consider his offer a little more.:unsure:

:rofl: That cracked me up! I got an audio and a visual of it. :D

Anyway, this sounds like fun.
My friend, a Brooklyn resident, has been trying to get me to visit for a while now.
Here's another good reason to go so maybe I should consider his offer a little more.:unsure:
YES!! DO IT!!!
I wish I could. :)

Depending on when it closes, most NYC MJFam are going to the Michael Jackson Memorial Bench before Brooklyn Loves Michael Jackson and pretty much camp there. So if it closes after 7pm, I will take a look.

MJJJusticeProject ?@MJJJusticePrjct

NY Fans of Michael Jackson will be joining SpikeLee in Brooklyn Loves MJ/Do the Right Thing Block Party .. #MJFam
CNXC2noU8AAYqpT.png

Is that photo from last years celebrations? If yes, thats lots of people there:clapping:

Back