Buy UNBREAKABLE album?

JM77

Proud Member
Are you going to buy the new album when it releases (CD, Vinyl, iTunes download, etc.) on Oct. 2nd? Would you at all? I would as a HUGE Janet fan :D 'So Excited' to hear the whole album ;)

I'll probably pick it up on CD. HMV or Amazon seem like my best options.

I'll also rip the disc onto iTunes so I can listen to it on my phone.

I'll probably pick it up on CD. HMV or Amazon seem like my best options.

I'll also rip the disc onto iTunes so I can listen to it on my phone.

Almost exactly what I'm going to do - using Amazon and then import the CD onto my iTunes but for my iPod ;)

I wasn't planning on buying this album after finding Discipline, 20YO and Damita Jo to be lacking. But I gotta say, I've got a renewed respect for Jan with this new record. Everything I've heard and seen has just turned me on (not in that way!). I just love how she has returned to making music that sounds like Janet Jackson. No more chasing hits, competing with artists half her age, pandering to radio.

I completely agree with you. I think many people were originally unsure of her new album due to the lack of success/quality of 2001 onwards. But Janet has made an excellent 'comeback' (even though she never really left) with the UNBREAKABLE album and world tour. I am really enjoying listening to it (I think it's a masterpiece personally). I LOVE Unbreakable, No Sleeep, Night, The Great Forever, Burnitup!, Broken Hearts Heal, Dammn Baby :D It was a really lovely touch to pay tribute to her brother Michael as well (y) After You Fall made my eyes water though - very touching song.
Wendy Williams made really superficial and shallow comments when she heard that Janet was releasing a new album and 'told her' to not bother and just stick to performing her old songs, because 'nobody bought' Discipline! Those comments on her show really made me annoyed at her (I don't respect her anyway) and she basically didn't think that Janet could 'pull off' or be able to be successful again :beee:
Anyway, I listened to her new album twice all the way through without skipping the day it arrived on the 2nd October - it really amazed me at how great it is. Like you said, she sounds like herself as well and is not trying to follow current trends or trying to 'fit in' (opposite to Madonna). And also, she doesn't have to be hugely successful with loads of hits because she's done it before and she certainly doesn't need the money! :D

Janet's album is No.1 on iTunes :D

Love you JJ! :wub:

Last edited:
JM77;4110280 said:
Wendy Williams made really superficial and shallow comments when she heard that Janet was releasing a new album and 'told her' to not bother and just stick to performing her old songs, because 'nobody bought' Discipline! Those comments on her show really made me annoyed at her (I don't respect her anyway) and she basically didn't think that Janet could 'pull off' or be able to be successful again :beee:
Anyway, I listened to her new album twice all the way through without skipping the day it arrived on the 2nd October - it really amazed me at how great it is. Like you said, she sounds like herself as well and is not trying to follow current trends or trying to 'fit in' (opposite to Madonna). And also, she doesn't have to be hugely successful with loads of hits because she's done it before and she certainly doesn't need the money! :D

Janet's album is No.1 on iTunes :D

Love you JJ! :wub:
Ironically, right after I read your post, I noticed Wendy Williams was on. She's eating crow I guess. She has the album and adores 7 songs.
She also said her staff pointed out that none of her songs are about sex and she's covered up in her tour. And that was refreshing "unlike Madonna" who's "trying too hard."

Two guests spoke about the album. One loved it and the other hated it. Said she toned it down because "she couldn't compete with Beyoncé." ??!

I don't care what WW had to say about anything. She's nothing but a trashy gossip but I'm just passing along comments from a tv segment. Since I wasn't ever a fan of Janets music, I've only been checking her stuff out recently. (Old interviews and stuff). Honestly didn't know she had a lot of songs about sex anyway. I guess that surprised me.

But because of her connection to Michael, I've been quite glad to read the reviews that have been nothing short of raves.

Gosh, Wendy Williams is such a hypocrite. Well, Wendy should do her research! Janet is covering up and toning down on the provocative/sexual music because she has converted to Islam and is embracing and respecting her new religion
Article for more info: http://www.timeslive.co.za/entertainment/celebrity/2015/09/18/Janet-Jackson-converts-to-Islam

On another note, quite a few people were confused why Janet has 'toned down' her clothing choices
e.g. from this:
Janet_AllForYouTour.jpg

to this:
241743.jpg

-but her new religion explains it

and what the hell did they mean "she couldn't compete with Beyonce" - now that's such an ignorant comment :beee: I get fed up with these Janet and Beyonce comparisons...
and yeah, she does have quite a few sexual songs, but she still has class ;) Since I'm a fan myself, I think her music is amazing (y) I think you should definitely try listening to Janet's music, all the way back to Control in 1986 (her breakthrough album) :) But don't get me wrong, her music has loads of different aspects - she has socially conscious music (Rhythm Nation 1814) as well with loads of messages. All I can say is that she is a wonderful artist in her own right

^^yes, that Beyonce comment came from some guy in the audience who was probably peeved about Janet's look or something-I just automatically figured it was the religion.
Except to be honest, I just always pictured Janet looking like she did here when she "broke away" with Control. And that's pretty covered up.

I, of course, watched the premiere of "Scream" and thought she was pretty darn sexy in that(and by then I knew she was huge in her own right and was proud of her for doing the song/video and publicly displaying support) -and I've seen "Rhythm Nation." more than once.

I'll probably try to find some of the new songs on Spotify-I think I'm just (and was at the time) too old for her music. I'm more her brothers' generation than the next. But I'd like to check it out.
I've had fun discovering some of her videos and interviews on YouTube.

Yeah, Janet started off being covered up, but with the janet. album in 1993 (as you may know regarding the iconic rolling stone cover), she became a sex symbol and I guess 'experimented' with the sensual side of things with messages of safe sex whilst becoming a mature artist :) It's funny because when Janet did that magazine cover for rolling stone, people thought she was flaunting her body. Though, she was actually a very insecure person with a low self-esteem I guess and took that picture to 'come out of her shell' and accept herself in a way. She talks about it in her book, True You.

I understand about the age difference :) For example, I've matured with my music tastes as I've gotten older.
It's quite cool because her new album is a mixture of socially conscious, sensual, etc. elements from her past works and has created something 'fresh'

^^Haha-thanks for the info. I do remember when that Rolling Stone came out-but I didn't really remember the year. But the reviews of her album have been really incredible-I should post them as they come across my newsfeed.

Although I have read here, that Janet's reviews in the US were always great-unlike Michael's were. She was somewhat a critics darling, I guess?

Yeah, her 'comeback' as they call it, is doing very well based on reviews, concert tickets selling, etc.

Hmm, I didn't know that. Though, she was heavily blacklisted, as you may know, after the 2004 Super Bowl incident with the wardrobe malfunction. So that pretty much put a dent in her career. Maybe that's partly why her music from 2001 onward was lacking success. But I think she's pass that now (after all it was more than a decade ago!)

i think the reason why shes toned it down like the clothes it b/c shes coverted to islam and being married who is islam.

anyway the album omg i love it!

Back