Quincy Jones rushed to hospital

HIStory

Proud Member
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Quincy Jones was taken to a Los Angeles hospital with shortness of breath, but his representatives say he's going to be OK.

Publicist Arnold Robinson told The Associated Press in an email that Jones was hospitalized for observations out of caution after having breathing problems Thursday.

Robinson said "Quincy is fine," and gave no further details.

Jones' hospitalization was first reported by TMZ.com.

The 82-year-old producer and arranger's long and storied career has included collaborations with Michael Jackson, Frank Sinatra and Ray Charles.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Quincy-Jones-taken-to-LA-hospital-with-shortness-6512963.php

It really saddens me when stuff like this happens.. I believe I am having a hard time excepting 'time', seeing the people that help build the MJ dynasty get old, sick, and eventually pass is just disturbing to me... I have to really work on excepting the effects time has... In my personal life too.

It really saddens me when stuff like this happens.. I believe I am having a hard time excepting 'time', seeing the people that help build the MJ dynasty get old, sick, and eventually pass is just disturbing to me... I have to really work on excepting the effects time has... In my personal life too.

:cry: :hug: I completely understand, especially on the personal level. I have more years behind me than in front of me and (in a way) it pisses me off.

^ I am not sure if Mike had influenced me in the "peter pan - staying young' but I think it's plays a roll even why I am such a fitness fanatic.. I'm trying to fight time, fight aging..

My wife always tries to ask me why I'm so afraid of getting old and dying and I stop the convo cuz I'll just cry.

^ I am not sure if Mike had influenced me in the "peter pan - staying young' but I think it's plays a roll even why I am such a fitness fanatic.. I'm trying to fight time, fight aging..

My wife always tries to ask me why I'm so afraid of getting old and dying and I stop the convo cuz I'll just cry.

I hear ya. It's not a Peter Pan thing for me either. My childhood is over and I'm glad, but it's the natural course of physically breaking down that comes with aging that pisses me off, lol! My late Aunt Roberta told me (before she died almost 2 years ago) "My mind is still sharp, but my body is failing me" and that's what scares the shit out of me. My mind is still sharp, but there are things I can't stop, can't help. I was recently diagnosed with arthritis in both of my knees and one of my hands. Shit like heart disease, cancer, diabetes, joint issues run in my family big time, so I'm fighting against my family genetics, too!

Seeing Quincy, Joe, etc. being human with their health problems just brings it home that time is winding up for all of us. That is why the MUSIC, the artistry our heroes leave behind is sooo important because that is all we'll have left.

Back