Wesley Snipes On The Tonight Show - September 17, 2015

God this is gold! :D He won me over with that "I'll do it anytime" line!

Plus, this account is one of the most genuine stories I've ever heard about Michael - and I haven't heard many genuine accounts! Didn't overdo it and didn't leave anything up for speculation!

Thanks for posting - that was wonderful to watch :D Put a huge smile on my face

God bless Wesley for the positive side in him.

Here's an older radio station interview from around January 2009, going by the release date of the movie Wesley is being interviewed for. The story about Bad is kinda the same, but Wesley also mentions other times he hung out with Mike and books that Mike had.

Last edited:
God this is gold! :D He won me over with that "I'll do it anytime" line!

Totally :D I'm sure he would. I actually think everyone's memories and testimonies are quite sweet. They all have something special to share with the world and fans - tiny, little glimpses into the man behind the great lyrics and amazing moves. Obviously it was quite interesting for Wesley to interact with that "Daryl" fellow, all scared and stuff, during the Bad video and well beyond it. Duran's second video certainly proves that.

Btw, is anyone else quite as impressed as me just how similar Wesley looks to the 1987 video??? Wowww, just unbelievable.

..........is that what they teach ya in that sissy school of yours? LOLOLOL Great video, really great video, especially in the long format.

SMH, it's crazy how things work.. I watch Jimmy Fallon basically every night before bed and THE night I stopped the show (right before Snipes came out) to go to bed a little early cuz I had an early morning... This happens!!

The chances of that....

When the video starts Fallon says that Wesley Snipes danced in the video. Has he even seen it? :D

When the video starts Fallon says that Wesley Snipes danced in the video. Has he even seen it? :D
I watched the show last night. Right before this Wesley was talking about going to the performing arts school in NYC, which the movie and TV show Fame was based on. Wesley said he did some dancing at the school and that the students would move the tables during lunch to dance. Jimmy asked was he at the school when Fame was filmed and Wesley said he and his mother had moved to Florida (I think) right before that happened and he missed out on the movie but he had seen some of his classmates in it. Jimmy then told Wesley that he didn't see Wesley dancing in the Bad video. I guess Jimmy didn't know that Wesley used to dance.

065dbd3ae8012722dfbf2f959724dd33.jpg

Wesley on Michael's Death: " His death was a great loss for all of us. And I hope and pray that his creator – or whatever you believe in – will send him back as an angel to entertain us. With Michael we lost more than an ‘ordinary’ person. There has to be something angelic about someone who reached and inspired so many different people all over the world. Maybe we just didn’t look after him well enough.”

Paris78;4108619 said:
Wesley on Michael's Death: "His death was a great loss for all of us. And I hope and pray that his creator – or whatever you believe in – will send him back as an angel to entertain us. With Michael we lost more than an ‘ordinary’ person. There has to be something angelic about someone who reached and inspired so many different people all over the world. Maybe we just didn’t look after him well enough.”

Does anyone remember who the quote was from about MJ's death when they said something similar to Snipes, that they were worried God wouldn't send an angel like Mike again because we didn't treat him well enough the first time?

Nelly - December 2015

Nelly recently mentioned that Mike called him about Country Grammar. It's only a little part at the beginning of the video, so I didn't see a point of making a whole thread for it, lol.

Joey Fatone - March 24, 2016

Joey from *NSync was on the Sway show last week. They start talking about Mike around 14:43

Treach 2013

This is an interview by Treach from Naughty By Nature. The Mike part is at 0:50-1:30

Wesley strikes me as the one of the few "real people" working professionally in Hollywood today. He's made some mistakes, but still appears to value honesty over any egotistical PC nonsense.

Wow! I could listen all day to those people who knew Michael and share little stories. It is so precious.

Big Boi 2010

Here's Big Boi from OutKast speaking about Mike at 0:30 - 1:05

Here's another Treach interview talking about the OPP song and Bubbles.

Ralph Tresvant

Ralph Tresvant, who's in New Edition, has a radio show called Inside The Ride, that comes on weekdays from 3pm - 6pm (central). I'm listening right now and he mentioned today that he knew Michael Jackson. Ralph said that they weren't real personal, but that he sometimes called Mike. Ralph said that if people knew the real Mike, they'd like him even more. Ralph said that he was like Mike in that he wasn't interested in the celebrity life, like being seen at parties and celebrity functions like that. Ralph said he started started doing the radio show to let his fans know his personality and he wished his heroes like Mike and Marvin Gaye had done something like that. Ralph has said a similar thing before on the show, that he wasn't like Bobby Brown, who wanted a lot of attention and to be seen. He said he didn't mind being in the background of NE, but as the lead singer, couldn't really do that much.

Verdine White

Here's a clip from a 2010 interview by Verdine White, the bassist for Earth Wind & Fire

New Edition meets Mike

A few minutes ago Ralph talked about when he took the picture with Michael Jackson in the early 1980s. He said that his grandmother blew the picture up into poster size and hung it on her wall. One of the other guys on the radio show Marv said that Ralph gave him a copy of the photo and his brother took the picture to school when their mother told them not to take it out of the house. When he brought it back home it was bent up. Later Marv said his brother played hooky one day and brought some friends over and the picture disappeared after that. Ralph then said when he and the other members of NE visited Mike he showed them the Thriller video before it had been released to the public. He said Mike had a movie screen at his house and NE ate dinner with Mike's mother and sisters. Ralph said he didn't brag about that to other people and didn't tell many people about it. Ralph said it was little known until he posted the pic online a few years ago.

Conan 2017
Wesley Snipes Stole Prince’s Role In Michael Jackson’s “Bad” Music Video

[video=youtube;Y2laZhLjcWU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2laZhLjcWU[/video]

The new Wesley snipes interview, when does he start talking about Mike?

Back