Songs from the J5 era you wish Michael sung with the full-adult voice

Psychoniff

Proud Member
I've always had in mind some songs that sound awesome when they're sung by the young Michael, but they were never performed with his full-adult voice!
My top 3:
1. Maria
2.Rockin Robin (Rock n Roll style)
3. Buttercup

'Music & Me' It would have been fitting too.

Imagin if he had sang that during This is It rehearsals just spontaneously a bit like when he sang Speechless. How poignant that would of been.

Last edited:
Music & Me

'Music & Me' It would have been fitting too.
I think this is one of those songs that Mike said he didn't remember recording. It was a TV interview and he said he didn't remember recording a lot of the songs at Motown as they were recording so much. There's supposed to be around 250 unreleased Jackson 5 songs and also some solo stuff from a few of the brothers.

Maria (You Were The Only One) (I had always like to think this song was about me. Cause my middle name is Marie.)
Loves Gone Bad
Happy (My number 1 favorite song. He did back in the 70s.)
Got To Be There
Ben
Ain't No Sunshine
Wings Of My Love

Too many to name, but I really wanted to hear the adult Mike sing Got To Be There after hearing Chaka Khan cover it. She brought a woman's aspect to it beautifully.

Too many to name, but I really wanted to hear the adult Mike sing Got To Be There after hearing Chaka Khan cover it. She brought a woman's aspect to it beautifully.

Along with 'The Love You Save' & 'Give Me Half a Chance' to name a few. Dancing Machine (though 'Jacksons' era) is the one I would've wanted the most hearing him sing it live on the 30th Anniversary!.. as he said it's "one of my favorites" so I know he would've touched it up real nice.

I always thought an album was in the making. Wasn't it provisionally titled 'decade'?

The Pepsi commercial was beautiful and the live 'medley' was always perfect!! Also, Michael did kinda sing some of the songs in a more 'adult' voice on the Jacksons TV show, Diana Ross special etc...

I wish somebody would make MP3s of those tracks as I don't know how to do it ?

Who's Loving You?
Maria
I'll Be There (I would have just liked the Pepsi commercial version to have been longer and released.. That was so awesome. HIS VOICE)
Never Can Say Goodbye
One Day In Your Life
Music And Me
With a Childs Heart

I think I could post half of the Motown/Epic Catalogue lo!l!

This would have been very interesting to hear, not in the least because Michael's singing style evolved over the years. I wonder how he'd approach these songs in, say, the mid 90s. Judging by the I'll Be There Pepsi commercial, we would have been in for a treat.

Got To Be There - wonderful song and young Michael did a great job singing it. Still, those high notes are HIGH. Would be very nice to hear an adult take on this.
Music and Me
Never Can Say Goodbye - his vocals during Motown 25 were incredible.
One Day In Your Life - his voice was changing when he recorded this. I think it actually adds to the song, but would still love to have heard a later take on this.
You Are There - really nice, underrated melancholic song from the early catalogue.
Maybe Tomorrow
I Wanna Be Where You Are
Ain't No Sunshine
Who's Loving You
Get It Together

When I Come of Age is such a nice song. It would've probably never happen anyway since it wouldn't fit as the song goes on about what he might be when he's older.

I think this is one of those songs that Mike said he didn't remember recording. It was a TV interview and he said he didn't remember recording a lot of the songs at Motown as they were recording so much.
what interview was that? do you know?

Along with 'The Love You Save' & 'Give Me Half a Chance' to name a few. Dancing Machine (though 'Jacksons' era) is the one I would've wanted the most hearing him sing it live on the 30th Anniversary!.. as he said it's "one of my favorites" so I know he would've touched it up real nice.
Dancing Machine was not Jacksons era, it was J5

I think I could post half of the Motown/Epic Catalogue lo!l!
Epic catalogue? by the time they signed with Epic, he was more or less already an adult

In general, all of them :D

My top 5:

Music and Me

Got To Be There

I Want You Back/The Love You Save/ABC/I'll Be There as a full Studio Version with the full songs O.O (I would faint)

Never Can Say Goodbye

Stand!

Omg I can't stop, I would really love all of them. Imagine 2-4-6-8 or Standing in the shadows of love or Up on the roof or That's how love is.
O.O

Music and Me sung as an adult would've been amazing. :yes:

Ray Charles' A Fool For You.

Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone

Dancing Machine solo version, NSYNC freaking ruined it

My Girl

Music & Me

One Day In Your Life

Who's Loving You

Imagine him singing big boy at 50. I'm sorry, but that would just be too cute

I'll Be There (I would have just liked the Pepsi commercial version to have been longer and released.. That was so awesome. HIS VOICE)

I agree with you on this song that is my favor too and to hear Michael sing it in the adult voice was beautiful. I repeat it over and over.

Whilst he did it in medleys, I would of loved a studio version or full length live version of 'The Love You Save'. I like the song with him singing it in the Jackson 5, but I find it brilliant when he sung it as an adult. It was always my favourite song from The Jackson 5 medley he sung on tours. It was brilliant at Motown 25.

Imagine Michael recording and performing The Love You Save like this

[youtube]rlMLf6SgVuU[/youtube]

The Dangerous-era commercial with I'll Be There is so beautiful, I would've loved to hear adult Michael sing it in full and high quality. One Day In Your Life would be fantastic as well.

Back