In Search of: 2016 Mike Calendar

SheilaMJFan4Ever

Proud Member
:unsure: This is the time of year I usually shop for the next year's calendar(s) and haven't had a problem finding multiple versions officially licensed/ok'd by Mike's estate. This time I'm not having ANY luck and I checked his official site first! I did see one on Amazon, but it isn't endorsed by his estate and I DON'T do bootlegs.

Well, the bootleg calendar didn't stay available for long, because when I searched for calendars the very next day (yesterday) it was no longer available and the Amazon notice stated they didn't know when or if it will be available again! I hope the estate will offer a 2016 calendar.

Here's the bootleg one that was listed, then no longer available...

2016%20calendar%20cancelled_zps8rpuh59e.jpg

^^It will certainly change from that... or at least the font will. That font choice (especially for 'Michael') and transition is amateur looking and atrocious ahaha

^^It will certainly change from that... or at least the font will. That font choice (especially for 'Michael') and transition is amateur looking and atrocious ahaha

I agree, plus it's a photo that was used inside the last calendar...

I don't understand German. Are those calendars authorized by Mike's estate? I'm not interested if they're not.

Nah. If they were official, they would don the Triumph International and Bravado logos as you can see at the bottom of 2014's official calendar:
71UTTGjGA5L.jpg

^^I was looking for the Bravado logo as well and didn't see it. Bravado is the distributor world wide, right?

^^I was looking for the Bravado logo as well and didn't see it. Bravado is the distributor world wide, right?

I believe so yeah; I've always seen their name on MJ merchandise of that sort. Looking around my room, their logo's on every MJ poster up.

I'm hoping it's Dangerous 25 themed, but that doesn't seem likely to happen. >_>

Nah. If they were official, they would don the Triumph International and Bravado logos as you can see at the bottom of 2014's official calendar:
71UTTGjGA5L.jpg

:punk: Good point, lol! I have this calendar and forgot about the Bravado, Triumph International logos on it. It's on the back of the current Mike calendar I have, too.

^ I understood that Bravado is no longer connected with MJ, and that 'ABG' (Authentic Brands Group) is the new 'MJ brand' partner....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW YORK, April 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Authentic Brands Group, LLC (ABG), owner of a global portfolio of iconic fashion, sports, celebrity, media and entertainment brands, and the Estate of Michael Jackson today announced a strategic partnership to further grow the Michael Jackson™ brand in the areas of endorsements and consumer products. ABG will provide global representation for Michael Jackson™, pursuing new licensing and retail partnerships working with the Estate to broaden the brand's reach across key markets around the world.

"We are truly honored to welcome the King of Pop to Authentic Brands Group," said Jamie Salter, Chairman and CEO, ABG. "Michael Jackson™ joins ABG's star-studded roster that includes Muhammad Ali™, Elvis Presley™, and Marilyn Monroe™. We are excited to tap into the essence of this innovator and amplify the DNA of this legendary entertainer."

ABG enhances its celebrity, media, and entertainment portfolio through strategic alliances with leading global brands. ABG will take a similar approach working with the Estate on the Michael Jackson™ brand, focusing on endorsement partnerships and developing key categories to deliver products that are unexpected, bold, and innovative.

"We are thrilled to be working with ABG on the continued development of the Michael Jackson™ brand," said John Branca and John McClain, Co-Executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson™. "With a proven track record in transforming icons into global entities, we are confident that ABG will help us take the Michael Jackson™ brand to the next level."

Michael Jackson was a musical and creative genius. He personified innovation and he has revolutionized so many aspects of his art, from electrifying live performances to groundbreaking use of video. Michael Jackson launched a new era of creativity in live stage performances that continues to influence today's top artists in hip hop, contemporary R&B, pop, and rock and roll.

"As a visionary solo artist, Michael Jackson redefined the art of entertainment," said Nick Woodhouse, President and CMO, ABG. "We have great things in-store for the brand and will take a page out of ABG's Celebrity, Media, and Entertainment playbook to build global strategic partnerships that will extend Michael Jackson's tremendous legacy."

About Authentic Brands Group, LLC
Authentic Brands Group owns a global portfolio of iconic fashion, sports, celebrity, media and entertainment brands. In conjunction with Leonard Green & Partners, ABG's mandate is to acquire, develop, and elevate long-term value in consumer, celebrity, and media brands. Headquartered in New York City, ABG's mission is to further enhance brand equity through partnering with best-in-class licensees and retailers. ABG's global portfolio of world-renowned brands includes Marilyn Monroe®, Mini Marilyn®, Muhammad Ali®, Michael Jackson® (managed brand), Elvis Presley®, Jones New York®, Juicy Couture®, Judith Leiber®, Adrienne Vittadini®, Taryn Rose®, Hickey Freeman®, Hart Schaffner Marx®, Palm Beach®, Misook®, Prince®, Spyder®, Airwalk®, Above The Rim®, Vision Street Wear®, Hind®, Ektelon®, Viking®, Bobby Jones®, TapouT®, Sportcraft®.
www.abg-nyc.com.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...ichael-jackson-brand-worldwide-300074050.html

Thanks for the update, Myostotis! Now is the time of the year retailers get geared up for the Christmas season, so they need to get a 2016 calendar together and out for sale soon.

The 2016 MJ calendar was removed from Brown Trout publishing's website!

The 2016 MJ calendar was removed from Brown Trout publishing's website!

The Estate did say there will be 2 calendars available for 2016, maybe their will be a different design to what was first thought? will be getting mine from HMV when it comes probably

How can there be two official calendars for one year? Can someone please clarify this for me? :scratch:

How can there be two official calendars for one year? Can someone please clarify this for me? :scratch:

They release one now, and they release another one later in 2016 (or sometime, I'm not sure when specifically). They have the exact same range of dates, just with different photos/graphic design.

Not much more to it than that really :)

They release one now, and they release another one later in 2016 (or sometime, I'm not sure when specifically). They have the exact same range of dates, just with different photos/graphic design.

Not much more to it than that really :)
Oh, okay. Thank you very much for the answer. I guess I'll just have to buy both calendars, then. :)

It didn't make sense to me either, Doo Doo Head, unless one is for 12 months and another is for 16 months (tacking on the last 4 months of 2016 onto a 2017 calendar.)

Interesting how they keep using several of the same pictures each year.

Did anyone order the calendar from michaeljackson.com?

YAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I just got an email from Mike's official site telling me my 2016 calendar has been shipped, WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!

Me, right now... :lmao: :crackingup: :wild: :woohoo:

Austin%20Powers%20groovy%20dance_zpsuijdp0zk.gif

We were griping about Spikes Bad25 doc bring out of stock for a year-they bring it back and it sold out in 3 days.
Now I just read a gripe that the calendar is sold out.
That new company running the merchandising is doing a bad job.

We were griping about Spikes Bad25 doc bring out of stock for a year-they bring it back and it sold out in 3 days.
Now I just read a gripe that the calendar is sold out.
That new company running the merchandising is doing a bad job.

Yeah, they are doing a really poor job. The Bad 25 description still doesn't indicate DVD or Bluray and I've emailed them about it a few times now.

I'm just going to wait for the MJ calendar that is supposed to be available at retail. Hopefully it will be out soon and it should be $10 cheaper. I don't want to give any of my money to the people running the new store.

Back