Reactions to Janet's New Album

PoP

Proud Member
Country
Canada
I would love to listen to those tracks. I'm happy to hear that Janet's creating the lastest album again.

Re: OMG! Mike would be SO proud of his little sister!!

This is her best album since The Velvet Rope by far!

One could even argue this is her masterpiece, better than anything she's ever done before!

I've listened to the entire album about 5 times now and I've cried each time... She's in such a great space now, I'm so happy she came back for her fans..

wellllll!! where have you guys heard the other tracks??

i got my pre order yesterday the op likely did as well i knew broken hearts heal wasabout mj and got all teary but its not a sappy i miss you song jimmy and terry are back and this album is like a old school janet record:chillin:

i heard it today aswell and I'm totally blown away.
great album, thank you janet!

I don't know if its just me, but I really do not enjoy this album. Not creative at all. I am sure fans of storytellers will enjoy it.

I was hoping for ear candy production wise. Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis are not innovating with this album.

The tracks they've produced for usher was far more interesting and innovative (mars vs. Venus and monstar)

I am listening to the album on Spotify now. I am at track 8 but this is not the album that will make me a Janet fan. It is not my style. But apparently her fans love it and it is for them.

My copy arrived today - sooooo amazed by UNBREAKABLE
Janet's vocals are divine and she's not trying to follow current trends - just being herself! :D
HIGHLY recommended!

I would consider the album to be a masterpiece. It's everything i've wanted from Janet since TVR. Musically, lyrically and vocally this is some of her best work and I don't think it would be an exaggeration to call it one of the best albums of the past decade. Michael would be proud.

I would consider the album to be a masterpiece. It's everything i've wanted from Janet since TVR. Musically, lyrically and vocally this is some of her best work and I don't think it would be an exaggeration to call it one of the best albums of the past decade. Michael would be proud.

Been pretty blown away myself by the stuff I heard. Lovely to read the great feedback about the album and also the awesome reviews for the performances on the tour. Awesome time to be enjoying Janet's music :D Many more blessings to her!!!

I am indeed convinced Michael would be very proud, he'd have every reason to.

I hardly recognized Shoulda Known Better compared to the album version. If you see her tour this year, prepare yourself for that, because it's absolutely brilliant live. There are some others she performed I could mentio but I won't spoil it ;)

Re: Anyone else feel a strong MJ spirit on Janet's new album?

I haven't listened to the entire album yet, but what I have listened to (so far) is pleasing due to her voice maturing. She doesn't sound as kittenish and girly anymore. The tone of her voice has mellowed with age and that's a good thing. It kind of reminds me of Rebbie's.

Re: Anyone else feel a strong MJ spirit on Janet's new album?

Great album and yes - can feel the MJ spirit alright, enough to bring me to tears. Love it - deserves number one everywhere.

I haven't skipped over a track yet and that's huge (for me). The only other album of hers that I enjoyed completely was Rhythm Nation 1814!

Well I'm Extremely late to this thread but let me just say that this is one of the best albums she's ever made! It's actually one of the best from the entire Jackson family. The poetic lyrics, the slick production from Jam & Lewis and the mature vocals from Janet. It's been a long time since I could play a Janet Jackson album in its entirety without skipping a track. I think this album is far superior to The Velvet Rope which apart from a few tracks, I couldn't get into no matter how hard I tried. This album is so inviting and a pop masterpiece. Her best since All For You but stronger than it also.

I'm really late to this thread too haha. I've just heard the album for the first time. I liked Unbreakable, Broken Hearts Heal, No Sleep, Take Me Away and Well Travelled. Actually this is the first Janet album I listen to. I have heard many songs from her but not complete albums.

Like many others I also think this is her best album since Velvet Rope. It's a shame that this album was released 12 years too late. She needed this album after the whole superbowl 2004 debacle when she was still relevant to resurrect her career. Unfortunately she released three pretty average albums between 2004-08 which did nothing for her career. It's a shame that this album won't get the spotlight that it deserves because Janet just isn't relevant anymore. In my opinion, Unbreakable deserves to be one of the best selling albums of the year.

Back