"Prison Uncut" (TDCAU video)

Electro

Proud Member

This is a rough cut / "Uncut" (preview?) Version of the TDCAU Prison Video.
It includes some different (more drastic violent) historic scenes in the beginning and some additional audio overdub effects,
like gun shot sounds in the scene where Michael pretends to shoot himself in the head with his finger etc.

I ripped it off an old 1996 Sony UK promo VHS video I bought back then from a music dealer in the UK, who always had the most rare promos of new releases etc. Though this was probably not meant for promotion but maybe as an early preview for Sony.
(Any old school collectors here still remember the Esprite or Spellbound mailorder catalogues? :) )

For all VHS fans...
I'm letting this VHS go together with some other rare Sony UK promo VHS tapes.
(see here)

EDIT:
Rough Cut, Revision 2 and Revision 3 are now in the 2000 Watts section:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/137265-DL-4-different-TDCAU-Prison-Versions

Last edited:
Why is it that the rough and uncut versions of Michael's videos (Dirty Diana's version from Larry Bridges is an example) are far superior and grittier than their final products? It makes no sense. Can't wait to watch the full version.

& hell yeah this video is perfect for this song. Brazil version should've been for thier country like how us u.s don't get things like how the uk gets. He should've made this one more relevant imo

Very powerful.
Maybe some executives got cold feet with the original cut.

It's a bit much in fairness. The one that we all knew of was graphic but this one was a little unnecessary. Thanks though!

Apart from the timecodes, after the first minute the "uncut" video is the same as the released version.

incorrect (eg 4:31-4:33; 3:09-3:10; 3:05-3:06; 1:16-1:17)

Last edited:
^ Sorry, my bad, I used another version for comparison. 4:31-4:33 and 1:16-1:17 are the same on the relased one on Vision.

Your "private" Version of this video is "Revision 2".

You do know damn well I used "private" to refer to the physical item and NOT the content.
All your versions - except Visionary - are VHS sourced. And ALL are low quality.

I couldn't care less about your attempt to provoke me while claiming to know my possessions better than myself.

Last edited:
You do know damn well I used "private" to refer to the physical item and NOT the content.
All your versions - except Visionary - are VHS sourced. And ALL are low quality.

I couldn't care less about your attempt to provoke me while claiming to know my possessions better than myself.

It's ok.
I was only quoting what you wrote here last.
Noone ever wanted to know about the super secret "physical item" you have that version on.
Replying with just "a private one" when asked for what version you are talking about, told once again about your mentality.
But again, it's ok.
Enjoy my low VHS-quality ripps. :)

Btw, this is not about quality but the differences in various versions of this video.

Last edited:
Back