What's your favorite HIStory concert?

MJInTheMirror

Proud Member
As the title says, what's your favorite HIStory concert? I don't have one in particular so I wanted to know what everybody thought was the best one. :D

Copenhagen, august 29 1997. I was there, celebrating his birthday with 47.999 other fans. Nothing will ever beat that. Nothing

I really envy the fans that got to experience him in person. I only have about 5 HIStory Concerts. I have

Denmark
Helsinki
Munich
Korea
Sweden

And out of those 5 I would say that Denmark and Munich are my favorites. Even though the Denmark one I have. Is not the one where he had celebrated his birthday. I wish it was though. I L.O.V.E. the Munich one because of that very cute bug scene in that one. Only the Helsinki one I had downloaded off the internet. And save it on a blank computer disc. The rest of them were bought from Ebay on vhs tapes. Back when we still had him. I am so very lucky I had gotten them when I did. It cost me enough to get them. But to me they were worth the price. I just so very badly wish I could go back and watch one of them right now. I so hate the thought that all of my MJ related videos are now covered in dust. It's been over 3 years since I last tried to really watch him. Before I had suffer that panic attack. As I tried to watch him. But I can't my depression won't let me. And I have now come to except that 99.5% of my hardcore MJ fandom is probably forever gone from me. All thanks to my depression. That evil monster has cause for me.:(

I'm actually going to have to say Munich*, despite everything I think about the concert.

This, Bucharest and Yohohama were the only 3 decent quality concerts we had for years, and for this reason are my most watched. Know the show move for move sound for sound. I still enjoy watching it and even though it's not his best performance it's still my go to HIStory show.

*PLEASE NOTE THIS COMMENT IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT FOR THIS SHOW TO BE RELEASED IN 3D HD ETC!!!! :hysterical:

Kula Lumpur 1996
Bucharest 1996
Brunei 1996

The energy had these concerts was amazing

My favorite HIStory concert? Hmmm, let me see.......the one I attended :p

I'm actually going to have to say Munich*, despite everything I think about the concert.

This, Bucharest and Yohohama were the only 3 decent quality concerts we had for years, and for this reason are my most watched. Know the show move for move sound for sound. I still enjoy watching it and even though it's not his best performance it's still my go to HIStory show.

*PLEASE NOTE THIS COMMENT IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT FOR THIS SHOW TO BE RELEASED IN 3D HD ETC!!!! :hysterical:

:lol: @ the warning

My favorite HIStory concert? Hmmm, let me see.......the one I attended :p

:lol: @ the warning

Well, I must say my favourite HIStory concert was also the one I attended haha.

Release Dublin 97 in 3D Blu Ray and VHS!!!!!!

Munich. Other concerts may be better but the quality makes it so enjoyable to watch.

Munich 1997 may look pretty in HD, but MJ's performance was lacking. Whenever he did sing live his voice was rough and scratchy (More so than usual on the HIStory Tour) and he missed some dance steps. During Munich he looked sick.

The performance always comes first for me, and I'd rather watch MJ give a great performance in average quality than to watch him give a not so great performance in HD.

I notice a lot of fans perfer the 96 shows, more dancers, steel caps on MJ's heels during some shows, but of the shows I have I think my 2 favourites are Gothenburg and Copenhagen 97. And then different elements from different shows, such as Steve's latest Auckland leak has fantastic sound and Billie Jean is filmed a little differently but vocally MJ isn't the best. I enjoy shows with as much unique differences from others as possible. The Amsterdam amateurs and the promo footage from those shows looks great. I'm possibly biased having been at Dublin 97 but that's one of the best Billie Jeans of the tour. I did watch Munich about 6 months ago and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it, it is also nice to have a few of those wide shots to give some perspective on the fans, stadium and staging.

The shows I have on DVD are:
Seoul
Sydney
Munich
Bucharest
Manila
Helsinki
Copenhagen
Gothenburg

There was a show from 1997 that had The Way You Make Me Feel, Off The Wall Medley and Blood On The Dance Floor. I'd like to see that

Munich 1997 may look pretty in HD, but MJ's performance was lacking. Whenever he did sing live his voice was rough and scratchy (More so than usual on the HIStory Tour) and he missed some dance steps. During Munich he looked sick.
I didn't like his voice in Munich, same with Seoul...I actually prefer listening to playback than how his voice sounded when he was sick. Please don't kill me for saying that lol :ph34r:

There was a show from 1997 that had The Way You Make Me Feel, Off The Wall Medley and Blood On The Dance Floor. I'd like to see that
I want to see that!! Do you know what show that was?

@Michaels Lover, have you heard the HIStory Brunie Soundboard? It's excellent.

no I have not...I very rarely listen to music, i always watch video :smilerolleyes:
Steve dropped it 2 years ago, it's a really great listen, for myself and I think Steve and others also it's almost like being at the concert, lots of lovely elements of the instrumentation jump out at you. If you have headphones or a good enough set of speakers it's worth it.

Steve dropped it 2 years ago, it's a really great listen, for myself and I think Steve and others also it's almost like being at the concert, lots of lovely elements of the instrumentation jump out at you. If you have headphones or a good enough set of speakers it's worth it.

Great listen. The differences between the instrumentation in this and Munich is massive. They really did a silly job with the Munich audio. God knows who's idea that was

Also the one I attended - Bucharest 1996 :cheeky:
Although I have watched Münich quite a bit back in the day. It was the only concert of the HIStory tour I had on VHS...

Erandi;4122559 said:
Also the one I attended - Bucharest 1996 :cheeky:
Although I have watched Münich quite a bit back in the day. It was the only concert of the HIStory tour I had on VHS...

My friends dad went to this show also, Bucharest. Its an amazing show. It looks so dark too which I love.

Its just a shame we only have a version with messed up audience noise

Bucharest had some great moments. We got the red Thriller jacket and some really cool live ad libs for Beat It

Bucharest had some great moments. We got the red Thriller jacket and some really cool live ad libs for Beat It

Its been a while since I watched it. Wasnt the dancing a little different, I remember he did a little move like the Thriller dance for the intro to In The Closet instead of the hip twirl thing.

The only thing is it doesnt have the Remember the Time interlude! Such a well put together vid.

The performance always comes first for me, and I'd rather watch MJ give a great performance in average quality than to watch him give a not so great performance in HD.
He sounded really bad in WBSS but I think he sounded ok in the J5 Medley.

The only US show was in Hawaii (which is literally across the country and part of the Pacific Ocean from Detroit (where I lived at that time), so I didn't get to see it. I have no idea which show was the best or worst.

Its been a while since I watched it. Wasnt the dancing a little different, I remember he did a little move like the Thriller dance for the intro to In The Closet instead of the hip twirl thing.

The only thing is it doesnt have the Remember the Time interlude! Such a well put together vid.

I remember they showed it the next day on tv and I think it was an unedited version. Too bad that Tv Station doesn't exist anymore...

Back