What are the strongest and most inspiring lyric lines?

Sarah_MJ

Proud Member
I hope, we don't have a topic on this already. If yes, I apologize and ask for deletion.

I love to look closely at the lyrics of songs. My favs from Michael are:

"They told me that I should be faithful, and walk when not able, and fight till the end, but I'm only human." (WYBT)

"I used to dream. I used to glance beyond the stars. Now I don't know where we are." (ES)

"When I'm with you I am in the light where I cannot be found
It's as though I am standing in the place called Hallowed Ground" (Speechless)

"It's time that you try much harder
You'll be the best that you can be" (OTL)

"Neglection can kill, like a knife in your soul, oh it will" (LS)

"It's Just A Matter Of Time
Before Your Confidence Will Win Out" (KTF)

It's slander. You say it's not a sword.
But with your pen you torture men
You'd crucify the Lord (Tabloid junkie)

There are so many but at the end and not only in love but in life :

You all have to answer to the one u above (Everybody's Somebody's Fool)

I really like the lyrics of Will You Be There and On The Line, as well as Tabloid Junkie and HIStory that are mentioned up. The lyrics of TDCAU are very strong as well!

There's nothing that can't be done if we raise our voice as one

Slow to surrender cause the power's deep inside my soul

About half of Dangerous and most of HIStory are full of powerful and inspiring lyrics, but the ones above are the first that came to mind.

I think the entire bridge of WBBS is strong and inspiring.

"Lift your head up high, and scream out to the world
I know I am someone, and let the truth unfurl
No one can hurt you now, because you know what's true
Yes I believe in me, so you believe in you"

I love all of his lyrics..

Strongest lyrics? For now, I'll say "Kick me, **** me don't you black or white me." (TDCAU)
I feel his pain, anger, and hurt whenever he sings that part because it showed how people still made fun of his skin (making cheap jokes about him 'bleaching' himself) and them mocking his song "Black or White" that was meant to encourage racial harmony but instead use it to attack him... in a way saying that 'how can you sing about it don't matter if you are black or white and yet you've "changed yourself?" Can't people just see he had vitiligo once and for all?

Inspiring lyrics? For now, I'll say "This life don't last forever...so tell me what we're waiting for.." (Hold My Hand)
I don't understand people who believe that Michael thought of himself (in an egotistical and narcissistic way) as someone who would never die. Obviously what he meant by never wanting to die, how I perceived it, is his work/art living on and not fading away. He felt strongly about that because he wanted to never stop bringing joy and happiness, spreading the message of love, even when the time would come that he physically won't be there. And even if he never wanted to die...so many people don't want to. Its unfortunate that almost anything and everything Michael said or did was twisted to make him look weird, bordering being a maniac, when he wasn't, at all. :(
Also it just reminds me that life is short, we aren't meant to stay on earth, and if we can we spread positive vibes to everyone before our time comes.

Sorry if it was a long post, I love digging deep into stuff, his work of art included.

Your quotations are all lovely. I love to look into these lyrics so much!

What I also like is this one from Unbreakable:

"You can try to stop me, but it wont do a thing
no matter what you do, I'm still gonna be here
Through all your lies and silly games
I'm a still remain the same,I'm unbreakable"

Especially, as Michael really made himself kind of immortal with his music and messages and lives on in so many hearts. No matter what the haters are going to do, this love never dies.

Man in the Mirror, no question, as Michaela Jackson said above.

"If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make a change."

(Sadly, too many do not want to make the world a better place, or have totally different views on what constitutes a 'better' world.)

"Before you judge me, try hard to love me. The painful youth I've had. Have you seen my childhood?"

BTW, an ebook on MJ's Childhood is available for free from 26th December to 30th on Amazon: "That Wonder in My Youth: Michael Jackson's Childhood."

"Mothers cry, babies die
Helplessly in arms
While rockets fly
And research lies
In progress to become
But what of men
Of flesh and blood
We turn our backs on life
How can we claim to stand for peace
When the races are in strife
Destroying life
"

- "Be Not Always"

"I Have To Find My Peace Cuz
No One Seems To Let Me Be
False Prophets Cry Of Doom
What Are The Possibilities
I Told My Brother
There'll Be Problems,
Times And Tears For Fears,
We Must Live Each Day
Like It's The Last
"

- Jam

"All the colors of the world should be
Lovin' each other wholeheartedly.
Yes it's alright,take my message to your brother and tell him twice.
Spread the word who tried to teach the man who is hatin' his brother,
When hate won't do
"

- Can You Feel It

Last edited:
Taken from Scream:

"Tired of injustice
Tired of the schemes
The lies are disgusting
So what does it mean
Kicking me down
I got to get up
As jacked as it sounds
The whole system sucks"

To me, this song represents one of the first times that MJ just said screw it, and wanted to let the world know how sick he was of the media and all those who were judging him. The lyrics, combined with the way he almost seemed to spit out the lyrics, make it such a powerful message.

Taken from Scream:

"Tired of injustice
Tired of the schemes
The lies are disgusting
So what does it mean
Kicking me down
I got to get up
As jacked as it sounds
The whole system sucks"

To me, this song represents one of the first times that MJ just said screw it, and wanted to let the world know how sick he was of the media and all those who were judging him. The lyrics, combined with the way he almost seemed to spit out the lyrics, make it such a powerful message.

:yes::yes:&:yes: again, absolutely right. I thought it was quite refreshing actually to hear him cuss on record for the first time ever. Who knew the guy was actually human and could get royally pissed off and rightfully so? The whole "saintly", goody-2-loafers image was a bit too much. I still remember how even some of his most ardent detractors approved when he told Gloria Allred off back in 2002. Perhaps if he had shown that side more often, people would have sympathized with him more. It doesn't mean that he should have thrown profanities left and right, but showin' a bit more of his real self may have helped with many of the misunderstandings attached to his name..........

Back