What really is Michael's middle name?

Invincible777

Proud Member
Hi everyone! I don't know if this has been discussed here before, but what is Michael's real middle name??
1. The death certificate says this:
Michael_Jackson_death_certificate.jpg

As you can see it's JOSEPH.
2. His driver's licenses:
jackson-1.jpg

189cjir6zqtokjpg.jpg

Both are JOE!
3. His passports
c46d0e2d2ecf2a2f6f249529db6a573f.jpg

mj.jpg

Those are JOE too. And it reads Michael JOE Jackson on child molestation documents from both years too.
Any thoughts?? I think it's Joe

According to the Jacksons and some other sources his official middle name is Joe but Michael used the name Joseph sometimes.

It could be. Now I remember seeing a tweet from Latoya when he answered to somebody that it's Joe. I can't find it though as her twitter is full of tweets.

Yeah now I found it but how do I upload a image here? (noob)

Nevermind. Here:
itsjoe.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe legally it's Joe, but he preferred Joseph. I've heard him on depositions give the middle name as Joseph.
It's Joseph on his will too, isn't it?

Don't know why he didn't change it legally since his mother changed hers. But probably just didn't take the time.

I've always wondered about this. It's a strange one this. On most documents it appears Joe, but when he has been in court and depositions he always said Joseph.
I think whatever his dad Joe is legally, that is what Michael will be legally. Michael's faith I think had a lot to do with him referring to himself as Joseph.
Side not I'm Joe legally and I'm not Joseph.

I've always wondered about this. It's a strange one this. On most documents it appears Joe, but when he has been in court and depositions he always said Joseph.
I think whatever his dad Joe is legally, that is what Michael will be legally. Michael's faith I think had a lot to do with him referring to himself as Joseph.
Side not I'm Joe legally and I'm not Joseph.

It says Joe in many legal docs (2005 verdict reads "Michael Joe Jackson") but Michael's son's legal name is Michael Joseph Jackson Jr.

LaToyaArticleonMichaelsMiddleName.jpg

If this is not enough then the only way to know for sure is to see his birth certificate which is unavailable for now.

Or maybe there are two MJ's :p Joe and Joseph. Is this too far fetched? Maybe it sounds a little hilarious, but would explain many things though. Like the changes in appearance and weight. And I've always wondered why Michael has 2 children in TDCAU relased 1995?? And Prince was born in 1997 and in his birth certificate reads that the father is Michael Joseph Jackson. Am I stupid?

Or maybe there are two MJ's :p Joe and Joseph. Is this too far fetched? Maybe it sounds a little hilarious, but would explain many things though. Like the changes in appearance and weight. And I've always wondered why Michael has 2 children in TDCAU relased 1995?? And Prince was born in 1997 and in his birth certificate reads that the father is Michael Joseph Jackson. Am I stupid?
Quite funny-I started to answer you in your first post that this is a common thing used in all these "is he alive" conspiracies but I guess you know that.

And maybe the two children are his "step-children" with Lisa Marie?

Quite funny-I started to answer you in your first post that this is a common thing used in all these "is he alive" conspiracies but I guess you know that.

Last edited:
Michael "hot stuff" Jackson. seriously though, I've always thought it was Joseph after his father?

Can anyone explain why Michael had a 10-year passport issued in 1987 AND 1993? That's an overlap?

Didn't he name his kids "Joseph" (as middle name)? So maybe Joe was the official, but he preferred Joseph.

Wow...i never thoughy abt her kids....confused the hell outta me bk n the day

I don't know what's legal for show business reasons, but maybe he was able to use both Joe and Joseph because one of them is his professional full name? I LOL'd at that Latoya article from back in the day. I used to snatch up everything I could find about the Jackson family, trading magazines with my friends whenever the latest one hit the news stands.

Ahhh, the days before the internet and Google... :crackingup: :lol: :lmao: :hysterical:

^ Yes, and as an adult he introduced himself as "Joseph". For example:

Why Michael says that he has 3 sisters and 6 brothers? Would he count Brandon or is there one more? This is starting to creep me off.

Michael's so effing adorable in that video. I love how he keeps grabbing the mike and bounces in response to Dick Clark's bouncing lol

Why Michael says that he has 3 sisters and 6 brothers? Would he count Brandon or is there one more? This is starting to creep me off.
He was speaking on them in all. Almost as if "Michael how many kids does the jackson family consists of" & im thinkn thats how he answered it. I don't think he would count that & they didn't make a big deal about it because like i said he was speaking on them all as a whole

^^Thats how I always took it as well-back then and now. "We have 3 sisters and 6 brothers in our family."

Can anyone explain why Michael had a 10-year passport issued in 1987 AND 1993? That's an overlap?

Thats what I was wondering! Maybe it was lost.
Or...
Not to be rude or disrespectful but it might have something to do with his changing look (though the pics on the passports dont look too different IMO), I've heard of people who change their appearance by losing a lot of weight or having surgery who had to get a new ID because their looks didnt match the picture.

I was wondering that too. Maybe he lost it like al his mobile phones, lol.

Joseph sounds better, whether its just Joe or not.
I agree. it's always been Joseph to me. whatever his "real" middle name is, this is what he's always used, so I'm sticking with it :cheeky:

Back