Janet Postpones Tour for Surgery

barbee0715

Proud Member
From Billboard News and Yahoo News this afternoon:

Janet Jackson Postpones Tour to Undergo Surgery

Billboard
Billboard
December 24, 2015

Janet Jackson took to Twitter on Christmas Eve (Dec. 24) to share some sad news with her fans: She needs to postpone her Unbreakable World Tour until the spring to undergo surgery.

The tour began in August and was set to go until June next year. She didn't specify what she needs surgery for and said there will be no further comment on the matter.

Read her full statement below:

"Hey you guys… Happy Holidays to each and every one of you. I need you to know, I learned today, from my doctors that I must have surgery soon. It breaks my heart to tell you that I am forced to postpone the Unbreakable Tour until the spring. Every date will be rescheduled. Please hold on to your tickets. They will be honored in a special way when the new schedule is announced. Please pray for me, my family and our entire company during this difficult time. There will be no further comment. I love you all so much and am ever grateful for your understanding and your love. Gon' b alright."

—Janet Jackson (@JanetJackson) December 24, 2015

The next scheduled date was set for Jan. 9 at Denver's Pepsi Center.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/janet-jackson-postpones-tour-undergo-surgery-222838274.html

Last edited:
My stomach turned when I read her message. Her health comes first, the shows can wait.
She should be healthy and happy, that's all that matters.

God bless her with serenity and a speedy recovery during this difficult time. I'm sure her fans will understand.

It was mention on my radio station that she had to cancels some show awhile back it was due to her throat her doctor request that she rest. Let me say this i can't confirm that this is the problem Janet is having my radio that i listen too are very good with keeping up with the Jacksons. I prayer she has a speedy recovery and all is well what every the problem is and i agree her health is important. I hope i get to see her in concert here in Louisville.

I was planning to get my ticket soon.

Last edited:
It was mention on my radio station that she had to cancels some show awhile back it was due to her throat her doctor request that she rest. Let me say this i can't confirm that this is the problem Janet is having my radio that i listen too are very good with keeping up with the Jacksons. I prayer she has a speedy recovery and all is well what every the problem is and i agree her health is important. I hope i get to see her in concert here in Louisville.

I was planning to get my ticket soon.

If it is her throat, wouldn't it take longer than Spring to recover? Jesus...

If it is her throat, wouldn't it take longer than Spring to recover? Jesus...
Thats true about her throat and she was ordered to rest her vocal chords before continuing.
I can't imagine this is vocal chord surgery because then she would be off a year or more.
I just hope it's not something very serious.

Thats true about her throat and she was ordered to rest her vocal chords before continuing.
I can't imagine this is vocal chord surgery because then she would be off a year or more.

I don't know why, but I immediately thought of Angelina Jolie and the surgeries she had. When a doctor tells you you need to put things on hold and have surgery, it's not something minor. Praying for Janet...

The only thing i can think of is Janet voice she has not been singing for awhile and if the doctor told her to rest her voice and maybe she felt she can do the concerts after a rest she want to do it for her fans. I use to sing in my choir back home i sang a high soprano i can't hit that notes now because i have not sang for awhile you can have problems with your throat if you have not sang for awhile.

I agree with you barbee0715 i hope it not serious and she will have a speedy recovery.

I don't know why, but I immediately thought of Angelina Jolie and the surgeries she had. When a doctor tells you you need to put things on hold and have surgery, it's not something minor. Praying for Janet...
I'm not trying to gossip but something like that crossed my mind when I realized how old she is-Janet will always be 10 yrs. old to me. :(

Whoa. You guys are causing me to worry. I hope it's nothing serious, I kinda wish she would just let her fans know what is going on but at the same time I respect her privacy and realize it's none of our business.

As you know Janet is a very private person i am surprise she is saying that she need surgery for whatever it is but i just hope it not serious. Guys i really think it is her throat that she is have problem with i could be wrong.

On one hand when she will continue with her tour in spring it can`t be a serious surgery, on the other hand she wants fans to pray.
When I make such a statement it is clear it will lead and invite fans to speculate, but nevertheless I also wish her a good health.

Last edited:
As you know Janet is a very private person i am surprise she is saying that she need surgery for whatever it is but i just hope it not serious. Guys i really think it is her throat that she is have problem with i could be wrong.
Yeah I think you might be right. Well, all we can do is wait.
I just wish they would adjust the info on her website and inform fans which dates will be cancelled for now. I understand it depends on her recovery but I have tickets for April and May and would like to know if that's definitely cancelled or not.

I'm not trying to gossip but something like that crossed my mind when I realized how old she is-Janet will always be 10 yrs. old to me. :(

I hear ya on that, because I'm a few months older than Janet, lol! I know (on a personal level) that hitting that early menopausal age can kick off a lot of ugly shit, the worst case being our cancer risks going up. That's what had me worried when she posted "PRAY for me".

I know she's very private about her life, but (like Dutchie posted) it doesn't help stop the worrying when she's being so vague!

That's what had me worried when she posted "PRAY for me".

I know she's very private about her life, but (like Dutchie posted) it doesn't help stop the worrying when she's being so vague!
No, it's not going to stop the worrying from her fans. But if her fans are anything at all like Michaels, (and I don't know) it may stop a few hundred people from camping outside her hospital window.
:(

No, it's not going to stop the worrying from her fans. But if her fans are anything at all like Michaels, (and I don't know) it may stop a few hundred people from camping outside her hospital window.
:(

The hardcore Janet fans I know aren't as, uh, "intense" as what I've experienced with some of Mike's fans. Janet was never as hounded as Mike was (and still is). :fear: :ermm: :blink:

^^I hope it's not true. Original source was Radar online and they're notorious for lying stories from "sources close to the family".

Yes, the source was RadarOnline and they said something like "the family is worried it could be cancer". Nothing concrete, just speculation, but selling it as if they have inside info. RadarOnline simply being their disgusting selves.

Better news....?

Now, “Extra” can exclusively report that Jackson’s doctors have cleared her to tour Europe starting on March 30!

While our sources have not confirmed the nature of her health scare, we do know that her husband, billionaire Wissam Al Mana, is by her side during this difficult time.

Janet’s fans have been supporting her with candlelight vigils, social media posts, and more.

https://twitter.com/extratv/status/684831378379128832

Her team manning her Facebook page posted she'll be giving a statement soon about her health issue. That was about 20 mins ago.

She just released a statement. She threw it down with major shade at the media!

Damn! The vagueness of her statement about needing surgery has released the hounds.

That why i am surprise she even mention it you ppls are going to talk.

The last report that i saw Janet said it was not throat cancer but i knew it had something to do with her throat. I prayer all is well.

She just released a statement. She threw it down with major shade at the media!

Yes she did deny rumors saying that it was throat cancer.

Last edited:
Wow the nerve of some people. Wendy Williams suggested on her show today that Janet may have made the whole thing up. I highly doubt Janet would ever do anything like that.

Wow the nerve of some people. Wendy Williams suggested on her show today that Janet may have made the whole thing up. I highly doubt Janet would ever do anything like that.
And doesn't this remind you of something-the nasty, hateful remarks when Michael had to cut Dangerous short to go to rehab, the collapse at the HBO special rehearsal, the ugly rumours going on during rehearsals of TII?

I expect way more of people who are in show business themselves, but Wendy Williams, I guess, can't be put in that category. She's nothing but a nasty gossip hound, who never loses an opportunity to trounce Michael or his family.

Back