The more leaked clips I'm seeing from Dangerous Tour 1992 makes me think more and more that

analogue

Proud Member
the Bucharest DVD does not do the tour justice at all. Don't get me wrong, I love Bucharest, but when I compare it to other shows from 1992 it really pails in comparison

Just look at this

the Bucharest DVD does not do the tour justice at all. Don't get me wrong, I love Bucharest, but when I compare it to other shows from 1992 it really pails in comparison

Just look at this

Idk man. Honestly Bucharest is a really great polished concert. The only gists I have with bucharest is not enough spins on MITM, the crowd shots and the crowd noise. Other than that I actually think Bucharest is a fairly great representation of the Dangerous Tour and MJ as a live act.

We would probably feel the same way about a Bremen DVD after a while.

Last edited:
Interesting. I might be a good judge because I still can't watch Bucharest all the way through. The crowd shots get me and I can only handle 30 minutes.
On the other hand, I could watch Yokohama all day and all night.
I'm going to watch this tonight and see if it's better.
I'd like to like this show.

For me, there is no difference between Bucharest and Bremen.

I think Bucharest is great but the editing and how the music sounds ruins it. If we had the jumbotron version of it, it would be much better.

I agree analogue! Some of the moves he does in the early shows were so spontaneous unlike Bucharest where he had everything pretty much down. And that note he hits in IJCSLY is insane!

I prefer Bremen by a landslide. The camera don't waste as much time focusing on the crowd, I don't care watching the fans, I want Michael. You don't hear that much noise from them and you can actually enjoy his performance and the music, it has my favorite Billie Jean live performance and his ad libs at the end of MITM were insane and absolute perfection.

Bucharest will always be special to me as it was one of the first concerts that I ever watched. But I always found the constantly changing camera angles too jarring. Whenever MJ would start really getting into it, they'd switch the camera to the fans!

I think Bucharest and Bremen are about on the same level, but it's not the performance that makes the Bucharest DVD nearly unwatchable, it's the inclusion of tacked-on audience shots. It's a wonderful show that was butchered in the editing room. I really hope we get an untouched, full Dangerous concert next year.

I think Bucharest doesn't get the appreciation it deserves from fans sometimes simply because we've been watching it for longer than any other concert with official release on a large scale.. It was on HBO, replayed o VH1 for years (over and over)... Now we see footage with steps and things we never seen, of course it will peak our interest more.. it's the 80/20 rule.. Not saying any other dangerous show is a 20..

When we watch something to the point we can tell each other which camera angle and have every little thing memorized, we wont appreciate It the same way.

^Did vh1 broadcast the actual HBO show or the butchered version most of the fans watched? I myself would have appreciated more to have on DVD the actual concert or Michaell choosing another one that didn't film the audience that much. I'm asking because that DVD was my first experience for the Dangerous Tour.

I have very mixed feelings about both these shows, for example, I really love Jam in Bucharest, I feel the camera angles and switches gives that already awesome perfomance a kick, but also, I like the slower one from Bremen. Also I totally agree with the camera being focused too much on the fans in Bucharest, I like to see some shots from the fans, but not too much, and especially not while Michael is going to town haha. I think they both have their ups and downs but all in all they're both REALLY great shows.

I think Bucharest doesn't get the appreciation it deserves from fans sometimes simply because we've been watching it for longer than any other concert with official release on a large scale.. It was on HBO, replayed o VH1 for years (over and over)... Now we see footage with steps and things we never seen, of course it will peak our interest more.. it's the 80/20 rule.. Not saying any other dangerous show is a 20..

When we watch something to the point we can tell each other which camera angle and have every little thing memorized, we wont appreciate It the same way.
Lol I remember the commercial breaks on vh1 during the show ??. Vh1 used to run so many Michael marathons & i remembered being tuned in. Although i distinctly remember them showing previews of ghost but they wouldn't show it in the u.s back then at the time 96-97,just the making of it. Thank god 4 YouTube tho. I remember looking at the 70s pics wishing i could get my eyes on a variety show,j5 cartoons & etc in early 2000s & I'd never thought in a million years that we'd have all this footage that we now take for granted! All we had then was tv showings & prayed mj was on any ch. Hell back then im sure im not the only one who wish it was a mj channel on cable (ch.777_mj). Now that we have youtube & SOME nice collectors who share what we dont have. & btw im sooooo ready for a journey from motown to otw!

Back