Xscape [Original Version], what are the main instruments in the composition of the song?

foralltimerishi

Proud Member
Country
India
guys I like the composion :wild::wild::wild::wild::wild::wild::wild::wild::wild: of original version of XSCAPE, please tell me if you know what are the instruments in the composition [except DRUMS]??

I know, Xscape has a really good sounding arrangement; After all, Michael Jackson had something to do with it! :) As for what instruments were used, that's a good question. Now I'm curious myself! heh heh....

The original Xscape is a very drum-heavy track with layers of keyboards/synthesizers supporting. To my ears, the main elements in the track are synth plucks, a synth pad (probably layered with some strings in the chorus), and a synth bass (possibly a Moog). Plus lots and lots of custom-made drum samples and sounds effects. Hope that helps.

As far as drum and percussion elements are concerned I doubt we'll be able to define them exactly.

Rodney Jerkins has always said that Michael had him record completely random sounds, run them through computer processing, and integrate them into the song. I read somewhere that certain synth squeels in "Heartbreaker" were put together by putting a microphone in a plastic bag with shards of glass and other little metal objects and tossing it down the stairs.

Assuming they continued this process I'm sure many of the sounds in Xscape were personally made.

But as far as synthesizers and things of that nature, cmstrike seems to have covered everything. I also believe there's some piano layered somewhere in the bridge section -- you can hear a two-note intro in the released version (I don't believe the leaked version includes it).

Back