What is El Niño and what causes one?

blue eyes

Proud Member
This year El Niño is being really naughty.The climate change it's a reality that we should be worry much more that we are.

So sorry for all the people in USA, EU and the rest of the wold suffering its consequences .Players for them.

El Niño is a warming of the eastern Pacific Ocean, mainly along the Equator

These warmer waters are normally confined to the western Pacific by winds that blow from east to west, pushing the warmer water toward Indonesia and Australia.

But during an El Niño, the winds slow down and can even reverse direction, allowing the warmer water to spread eastward all the way to South America.

El Niño occur every two to seven years in varying intensity, and the waters of the eastern Pacific can be up to 4 degrees Celsius (7 degrees Fahrenheit) warmer than usual.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/13/weather/el-nino-2015/index.html

Last edited:
I never really understood abouy El Niño, but I do know that in the last 3 Januarys, my area went thru a very hellish arctic curse which is we suffered below -40*C (windchill -50*C) and I really hated it, since the past month this year we have less snow and more mild and wet weather which what I wanted. I always feels sorry for other suffering such hellish conditions they go thru.

Me neither PoP,that's really COLD!! I've never been in a cold like that. But for sure the weather is crazy.This time of the year it should be around 3º-10ºC and rain here but is sunny every day and temp 10º-20ºC just crazy and worrying. There are some trees bloming, to bad because when the cold arrive all that fruit will be lost :(

Back