Present Day MJ "Feel Goods"...

gerryevans

Premium Member
Okay, so I'm on my treadmill with the television on, and this news anchor comes on in a commercial to describe her best Christmas present as a child. She says it was the year she received a MJ doll. As I listened to her going on about how much she loved him in that 30 second spot, I found myself grinning on the treadmill, and even picked up my speed on the darn thing.

At this time of year when we're reflecting and hopefully are feeling good in general, I'm wondering what smiles have been brought your way regarding MJ lately.

Re: Present day MJ feel goods...

Michael makes me smile all the time!! every day, every hour, every minute, every second

Now this is a nice thread :D A beautiful one to hit off the NEW year ;)

Michael makes me smile everyday in every silly thing I do. Only to name a few now.

I saw a teddy bear 'glaring' at me the other week in the store and I of course took him home cause he reminded me of the 'teddy bear' story of Michael and each time I look at him, he makes me think of Michael but in a 'good way' you see.

I watched the fireworks yesterday and it made me think of Michael and the HIStory tour :wub:

I'm redesigning my livingroom and instead of plastering it with MJ posters, I will go for a 'Neverland style' room now like the 'library' Michael had. Fireplace and books and lots of wood ;)

Indeed, MJ is the BEST thing that happened to me. The GRIEF we suffered through is only the 'price you pay for love' but it outweighs the Joy and wisdom I learnt from Michael.

Each day, I'm still thankful that he's still part of my life.

well, I agree too when you hear MJ on the radio. It feels indeed GOOD now. Like a 'connection' :D
I was thinking about him the other day and "Beat it" came on and I babbled out. "I was just thinking about you" lol :blush:

When I pulled up to the pump to fill up (yesterday) I was playing Mike's music loudly, drawing a few stares. There was a guy at the pump opposite of me filling up his pickup truck, looking like he was ready for a rodeo or Brooks & Dunn concert and he waved at me excitedly, then started SINGING "Can't Let Her Get Away" (the song I was blasting when I pulled into the gas station)! I was floored, mainly because the area is very rural, very right wing and very homogenized. He chuckled at my shock, then said "I may not look like it, but this redneck loves Michael Jackson, m'am!" :crackingup:

Major LOVE and respect to Mike for making that magic happen! It made my day :yes:

^^wow. Great story. I love walking into a grocery store or the pharmacy and hearing him. Everybody is nodding their heads to the music.

^^wow. Great story. I love walking into a grocery store or the pharmacy and hearing him. Everybody is nodding their heads to the music.

Yeah, me too! More of his songs are being added to the muzak system at work, so I get to hear him all day, YAY! I'm off today, listening to talk radio and I just heard snippets of BOTDF played for the bumper music on Rush Limbaugh's show! My jaw literally dropped, LMAO!

Edit Yes, I listen to Rush Limbaugh. I listen to various political views, lol! Don't judge me... :crackingup: :fear:

Last edited:

When I pulled up to the pump to fill up (yesterday) I was playing Mike's music loudly, drawing a few stares. There was a guy at the pump opposite of me filling up his pickup truck, looking like he was ready for a rodeo or Brooks & Dunn concert and he waved at me excitedly, then started SINGING "Can't Let Her Get Away" (the song I was blasting when I pulled into the gas station)! I was floored, mainly because the area is very rural, very right wing and very homogenized. He chuckled at my shock, then said "I may not look like it, but this redneck loves Michael Jackson, m'am!" :crackingup:

Major LOVE and respect to Mike for making that magic happen! It made my day :yes:

Completely awesome stuff Sheila, soooo totally cool. I wish I was there with you, I would've given that truck driver a hug lolol. Bless his funky, "redneck" heart :D

Yeah, me too! More of his songs are being added to the muzak system at work, so I get to hear him all day, YAY! I'm off today, listening to talk radio and I just heard snippets of BOTDF played for the bumper music on Rush Limbaugh's show! My jaw literally dropped, LMAO!

Edit Yes, I listen to Rush Limbaugh. I listen to various political views, lol! Don't judge me... :crackingup: :fear:

I don't know why feel the need to defend your radio choices, although I may have a suspicion or two lol. And btw of unexpected promotion for Michael, I will never forget how pleasantly surprised I was when many, many years ago (may have been during the trial) I saw Pat Buchanan on the MacLaughlin Group defend Michael. I'm not even sure how Michael's name was brought up, but I distinctly remember Pat supporting him. I thought that was mighty fine and gracious of him. Y'all feel free to imagine me puttin' on my bestest of Southern accents right about now lol. Don't expect accuracy though :lol:

Completely awesome stuff Sheila, soooo totally cool. I wish I was there with you, I would've given that truck driver a hug lolol. Bless his funky, "redneck" heart :D

I don't know why feel the need to defend your radio choices, although I may have a suspicion or two lol. And btw of unexpected promotion for Michael, I will never forget how pleasantly surprised I was when many, many years ago (may have been during the trial) I saw Pat Buchanan on the MacLaughlin Group defend Michael. I'm not even sure how Michael's name was brought up, but I distinctly remember Pat supporting him. I thought that was mighty fine and gracious of him. Y'all feel free to imagine me puttin' on my bestest of Southern accents right about now lol. Don't expect accuracy though :lol:

:lmao: That funky redneck could Moonwalk a hell of a lot better than I can, LMAO! He entertained everybody while we were getting gas and it felt like a party at the gas station. It was another lesson that Mike's music reaches all demographics and I shouldn't have been shocked by my gas station encounter. :)

That's cool about Pat Buchanan! Still don't care for some of his political views, lol! Donald Trump was a Mike cheerleader too and you know what a hot mess he's been on his run for President. :crackingup:

My Southern "accent" attempts are beyond horrible and my relatives here aren't shy about telling me! The star of The Walking Dead does a better Southern accent than me and he's from the UK, BAHAHAHAHAHA!

:lmao: That funky redneck could Moonwalk a hell of a lot better than I can, LMAO! He entertained everybody while we were getting gas and it felt like a party at the gas station. It was another lesson that Mike's music reaches all demographics and I shouldn't have been shocked by my gas station encounter. :)

That's cool about Pat Buchanan! Still don't care for some of his political views, lol! Donald Trump was a Mike cheerleader too and you know what a hot mess he's been on his run for President. :crackingup:

My Southern "accent" attempts are beyond horrible and my relatives here aren't shy about telling me! The star of The Walking Dead does a better Southern accent than me and he's from the UK, BAHAHAHAHAHA!

The man even did the moonwalk? Wow, that's soooo cool. It sounds like it was quite the party there in the parking lot :D

Don't even get me started on the political views of people. Even I am ashamed of some of my own stances in the past, as some of my friends tend to lovingly and jokingly tease me every now and then lol.

Well, I'm neither from the US nor the UK, but I've been placed all over the map lol. And yeah, I'm pretty sure my Southern accent is rather lousy, but I would hope folks down there wouldn't mind it terribly if I tried to imitate them a bit.

The man even did the moonwalk? Wow, that's soooo cool. It sounds like it was quite the party there in the parking lot :D

Don't even get me started on the political views of people. Even I am ashamed of some of my own stances in the past, as some of my friends tend to lovingly and jokingly tease me every now and then lol.

Well, I'm neither from the US nor the UK, but I've been placed all over the map lol. And yeah, I'm pretty sure my Southern accent is rather lousy, but I would hope folks down there wouldn't mind it terribly if I tried to imitate them a bit.

:cool: Yep, he did, lol! Some of the people are sensitive about outsiders attempting their Southern accent, but most of them just laugh.

That's so awesome he did the moonwalk. :yes:

I went for breakfast last week and noticed blown up pictures of albums on the wall. One was of the Beatles, another by Boston (couldn't tell you which ones..lol). Started thinking I wonder if Michael is...turned around and sure enough there was a blown up picture of Thriller with him looking gorgeous. The couple in the booth sitting underneath must have thought I was some weird stalker type because I kept looking over my shoulder every couple of minutes (and smiling while I was doing it).

I smile every time I'm in a store and his music starts playing. I always have that OH! moment and then start dawdling because there is no way I've leaving until that song finishes, doesn't matter which one.

I smile every time I'm in a store and his music starts playing. I always have that OH! moment and then start dawdling because there is no way I've leaving until that song finishes, doesn't matter which one.
I do this too :lol: and if I'm with someone and they want to move on, I'm like, nope, can't leave yet, listening to Michael :giggle:

That's so awesome he did the moonwalk. :yes:

I went for breakfast last week and noticed blown up pictures of albums on the wall. One was of the Beatles, another by Boston (couldn't tell you which ones..lol). Started thinking I wonder if Michael is...turned around and sure enough there was a blown up picture of Thriller with him looking gorgeous. The couple in the booth sitting underneath must have thought I was some weird stalker type because I kept looking over my shoulder every couple of minutes (and smiling while I was doing it).

I'll do that in my car; wait until the song finishes, then turn the car off and go about my business...LMAO!

I do this too :lol: and if I'm with someone and they want to move on, I'm like, nope, can't leave yet, listening to Michael :giggle:

It's the same for me too!

Hold my hand and lnfsg played at work last night...
God i love mj...

Okay, so I watch the Property Brothers on HGTV; they recently had a "Back on the Ranch" series about completely renovating their childhood 'stomping grounds.' Part of the intro includes one of the identical twins on a horse, moving backwards and he says, "Moonwalk!" It makes me smile and the whole crew was laughing. :D

Here's a few from the past few months.

Michael on the radio, and the DJ going, "the legendary King of Pop..." (happens to date)

Michael been on all our office talent contest posters and emailers...lol (the contest happened in November 2015)

On a large billboard for Legend's radio channel

I can't remember who I was talking to but we were tickled/amused by how small children somehow have an understanding of who Michael is and what a big deal he was. I'm talking 5 year olds and younger. It's like with minimal exposure to him, if any, they know the spin, the footwork, the crotch grab lol.

It's cute to see how Michael is still reaching children. :heart:

I went with my mom to her physical therapy appointment as just a one off thing, and then I heard The Way You Make Me Feel come on the radio. :)

I know I replied to this thread.... WHY IS MY POST GONE...????

Well, I was out today running errands and popped in my MP3 Player with my headphones to 'drone' out the cold and the blopody rain and suddenly "Stranger in Moscow" begins to play while I'm exactly walking in the rain. I really 'felt' that song in that moment and I must have looked like an 'idiot' cause who has a smile on their face in the pouring rain hey!

Anyway, it just reminded me of the 'connection' I still have with Michael and thought of jotting it down here cause indeed it still feels good to listen to Michael to 'drone' out this blopody weather lol :blush:

I don't think of Michael a lot in everyday life, but I do grin at some of his songs, that some have deemed "less" for some reason. One of my faves he ever did was "Speechless", but I also love his version of Charlie Chaplin's "Smile" (appropriate, huh?).

Well, I was out today running errands and popped in my MP3 Player with my headphones to 'drone' out the cold and the blopody rain and suddenly "Stranger in Moscow" begins to play while I'm exactly walking in the rain. I really 'felt' that song in that moment and I must have looked like an 'idiot' cause who has a smile on their face in the pouring rain hey!

I've done that before! Sometimes if it starts raining while I'm out walking I'll put on Stranger in Moscow and pretend I'm in the short film :lol:

Earlier today I was driving home and blasting Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' over Bluetooth. I was approaching my street and the song still had a few minutes to go, so I drove right past my street and went for an extended drive just so I could finish the song and then more :p (Ended up playing some Billie Jean, among other artists, but it all started cos of MJ!).

Love your signature pic, HIStoric.

Back