Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 528 Posts

Default Present day MJ feel goods...

Okay, so I'm on my treadmill with the television on, and this news anchor comes on in a commercial to describe her best Christmas present as a child. She says it was the year she received a MJ doll. As I listened to her going on about how much she loved him in that 30 second spot, I found myself grinning on the treadmill, and even picked up my speed on the darn thing.

At this time of year when we're reflecting and hopefully are feeling good in general, I'm wondering what smiles have been brought your way regarding MJ lately.
    "Of all the thousands of entertainers I have worked with, Michael was THE most outstanding. Many have tried and will try to copy him, but his talent will never be matched." Dick Clark

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to gerryevans For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,637 Times in 1,328 Posts

Default Re: Present day MJ feel goods...

Michael makes me smile all the time!! every day, every hour, every minute, every second

I am extremely devoted to Michael Jackson

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,975 Times in 1,500 Posts

Lightbulb Re: Present day MJ feel goods...

Now this is a nice thread A beautiful one to hit off the NEW year

Michael makes me smile everyday in every silly thing I do. Only to name a few now.

I saw a teddy bear 'glaring' at me the other week in the store and I of course took him home cause he reminded me of the 'teddy bear' story of Michael and each time I look at him, he makes me think of Michael but in a 'good way' you see.

I watched the fireworks yesterday and it made me think of Michael and the HIStory tour

I'm redesigning my livingroom and instead of plastering it with MJ posters, I will go for a 'Neverland style' room now like the 'library' Michael had. Fireplace and books and lots of wood

Indeed, MJ is the BEST thing that happened to me. The GRIEF we suffered through is only the 'price you pay for love' but it outweighs the Joy and wisdom I learnt from Michael.

Each day, I'm still thankful that he's still part of my life.

MJJC Resident Writer
    www.mjjcommunity.com

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daryll748 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,868 Times in 815 Posts

For me it's whenever his music comes on the radio or out in public unexpectedly.
    "Girls want to see some cake."

My Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/edog85

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CaptainEoLove85 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEoLove85 View Post
    For me it's whenever his music comes on the radio or out in public unexpectedly.
    100%

When I see other people enjoying Michael's music.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Euan For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

What makes me feel good is his music playing on the radio or out in public. I always have a smile on my face!

Made by Starlight

11. The Following User Says Thank You to michaeljacksonkingofpop For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,975 Times in 1,500 Posts

well, I agree too when you hear MJ on the radio. It feels indeed GOOD now. Like a 'connection'
    I was thinking about him the other day and "Beat it" came on and I babbled out. "I was just thinking about you" lol

MJJC Resident Writer
    www.mjjcommunity.com

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daryll748 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,500 Posts

When I pulled up to the pump to fill up (yesterday) I was playing Mike's music loudly, drawing a few stares. There was a guy at the pump opposite of me filling up his pickup truck, looking like he was ready for a rodeo or Brooks & Dunn concert and he waved at me excitedly, then started SINGING "Can't Let Her Get Away" (the song I was blasting when I pulled into the gas station)! I was floored, mainly because the area is very rural, very right wing and very homogenized. He chuckled at my shock, then said "I may not look like it, but this redneck loves Michael Jackson, m'am!" :crackingup:

Major LOVE and respect to Mike for making that magic happen! It made my day

15. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to SheilaMJFan4Ever For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,884 Times in 3,053 Posts

^^wow. Great story. I love walking into a grocery store or the pharmacy and hearing him. Everybody is nodding their heads to the music.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to barbee0715 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barbee0715 View Post
    ^^wow. Great story. I love walking into a grocery store or the pharmacy and hearing him. Everybody is nodding their heads to the music.
    Yeah, me too! More of his songs are being added to the muzak system at work, so I get to hear him all day, YAY! I'm off today, listening to talk radio and I just heard snippets of BOTDF played for the bumper music on Rush Limbaugh's show! My jaw literally dropped, LMAO!

Edit Yes, I listen to Rush Limbaugh. I listen to various political views, lol! Don't judge me... :crackingup:
    Last edited by SheilaMJFan4Ever; 12-01-2016 at 07:53 PM.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 499 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SheilaMJFan4Ever View Post
    When I pulled up to the pump to fill up (yesterday) I was playing Mike's music loudly, drawing a few stares. There was a guy at the pump opposite of me filling up his pickup truck, looking like he was ready for a rodeo or Brooks & Dunn concert and he waved at me excitedly, then started SINGING "Can't Let Her Get Away" (the song I was blasting when I pulled into the gas station)! I was floored, mainly because the area is very rural, very right wing and very homogenized. He chuckled at my shock, then said "I may not look like it, but this redneck loves Michael Jackson, m'am!" :crackingup:

Major LOVE and respect to Mike for making that magic happen! It made my day
    Completely awesome stuff Sheila, soooo totally cool. I wish I was there with you, I would've given that truck driver a hug lolol. Bless his funky, "redneck" heart

Yeah, me too! More of his songs are being added to the muzak system at work, so I get to hear him all day, YAY! I'm off today, listening to talk radio and I just heard snippets of BOTDF played for the bumper music on Rush Limbaugh's show! My jaw literally dropped, LMAO!

Edit Yes, I listen to Rush Limbaugh. I listen to various political views, lol! Don't judge me... :crackingup:
    I don't know why feel the need to defend your radio choices, although I may have a suspicion or two lol. And btw of unexpected promotion for Michael, I will never forget how pleasantly surprised I was when many, many years ago (may have been during the trial) I saw Pat Buchanan on the MacLaughlin Group defend Michael. I'm not even sure how Michael's name was brought up, but I distinctly remember Pat supporting him. I thought that was mighty fine and gracious of him. Y'all feel free to imagine me puttin' on my bestest of Southern accents right about now lol. Don't expect accuracy though :lol:

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Girl For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Girl View Post
    Completely awesome stuff Sheila, soooo totally cool. I wish I was there with you, I would've given that truck driver a hug lolol. Bless his funky, "redneck" heart

I don't know why feel the need to defend your radio choices, although I may have a suspicion or two lol. And btw of unexpected promotion for Michael, I will never forget how pleasantly surprised I was when many, many years ago (may have been during the trial) I saw Pat Buchanan on the MacLaughlin Group defend Michael. I'm not even sure how Michael's name was brought up, but I distinctly remember Pat supporting him. I thought that was mighty fine and gracious of him. Y'all feel free to imagine me puttin' on my bestest of Southern accents right about now lol. Don't expect accuracy though :lol:
    That funky redneck could Moonwalk a hell of a lot better than I can, LMAO! He entertained everybody while we were getting gas and it felt like a party at the gas station. It was another lesson that Mike's music reaches all demographics and I shouldn't have been shocked by my gas station encounter.

That's cool about Pat Buchanan! Still don't care for some of his political views, lol! Donald Trump was a Mike cheerleader too and you know what a hot mess he's been on his run for President. :crackingup:

My Southern "accent" attempts are beyond horrible and my relatives here aren't shy about telling me! The star of The Walking Dead does a better Southern accent than me and he's from the UK, BAHAHAHAHAHA!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheilaMJFan4Ever For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 499 Posts

That funky redneck could Moonwalk a hell of a lot better than I can, LMAO! He entertained everybody while we were getting gas and it felt like a party at the gas station. It was another lesson that Mike's music reaches all demographics and I shouldn't have been shocked by my gas station encounter.

That's cool about Pat Buchanan! Still don't care for some of his political views, lol! Donald Trump was a Mike cheerleader too and you know what a hot mess he's been on his run for President. :crackingup:

My Southern "accent" attempts are beyond horrible and my relatives here aren't shy about telling me! The star of The Walking Dead does a better Southern accent than me and he's from the UK, BAHAHAHAHAHA!
    The man even did the moonwalk? Wow, that's soooo cool. It sounds like it was quite the party there in the parking lot

Don't even get me started on the political views of people. Even I am ashamed of some of my own stances in the past, as some of my friends tend to lovingly and jokingly tease me every now and then lol.

Well, I'm neither from the US nor the UK, but I've been placed all over the map lol. And yeah, I'm pretty sure my Southern accent is rather lousy, but I would hope folks down there wouldn't mind it terribly if I tried to imitate them a bit.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Girl For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Girl View Post
    The man even did the moonwalk? Wow, that's soooo cool. It sounds like it was quite the party there in the parking lot

Don't even get me started on the political views of people. Even I am ashamed of some of my own stances in the past, as some of my friends tend to lovingly and jokingly tease me every now and then lol.

Well, I'm neither from the US nor the UK, but I've been placed all over the map lol. And yeah, I'm pretty sure my Southern accent is rather lousy, but I would hope folks down there wouldn't mind it terribly if I tried to imitate them a bit.
    Yep, he did, lol! Some of the people are sensitive about outsiders attempting their Southern accent, but most of them just laugh.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,285 Times in 1,254 Posts

That's so awesome he did the moonwalk.

I went for breakfast last week and noticed blown up pictures of albums on the wall. One was of the Beatles, another by Boston (couldn't tell you which ones..lol). Started thinking I wonder if Michael is...turned around and sure enough there was a blown up picture of Thriller with him looking gorgeous. The couple in the booth sitting underneath must have thought I was some weird stalker type because I kept looking over my shoulder every couple of minutes (and smiling while I was doing it).

I smile every time I'm in a store and his music starts playing. I always have that OH! moment and then start dawdling because there is no way I've leaving until that song finishes, doesn't matter which one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Culture changes, fashion change, customs change, great music is immortal." - MJ

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SarahJ For This Useful Post: