Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First Film in the STAR WARS ANTHOLOGY Series)

Victory2004

Proud Member
Logo
Rogue-One-A-Star-Wars-Story-cover.jpg
Cast Picture
star_wars_rogue_one_1.jpg
Premise: Set shortly before the events of Star Wars (1977), the story will center on a group of Rebel spies on a mission to steal the plans for the Empire's new weapon, the Death Star.

So we know that the movie is before Star Wars New Hope and it is about rebels who try to steal plans of New Death Star.So will we have and Darth Vader back??or not??

So we know that the movie is before Star Wars New Hope and it is about rebels who try to steal plans of New Death Star.So will we have and Darth Vader back??or not??

We don't really know. It would be awesome but it could be just a cameo. I think that would be for the best but for marketing reasons it would be smart to have Vader in a big role. It will be great to see the classic Stormtroopers and Death Star again. There have been rumors that they might make a CGI version of Peter Cushing's character Tarkin from Episode IV.

Here is one concept art pic:
star-wars-rogue-one-concept-art-slice-600x200.jpg

Last edited:
Teaser trailer:

I really like how it looks. Very retro but modern at the same time. Other than that hard to say much. I'm glad that there is going to be a new Star Wars movie this year.

Last edited:
I'm sure Vader will have a big part in this.
They aren't gonna show him in the trailers juuust yet.

Vader will likely have an appearance at some point, they're not going to show him in the teaser just yet.

It'll be cool if he's hinted at through the movie, and we hear every so often how terrified the Rebels are of him. He's like a looming monster essentially!! Then once at the end, when the Rebels hand over the plans to Princess Leia, and they go seperate ways from the Princess, Vader arrives on their ship and ****ing MOWS THEM DOWN. Then he turns his attention to the Tantive IV and orders his men to chase after it :D

I'm very keen to see this CGI Peter Cushing, assuming they can do it right (and it's ILM so I have a lot of faith they can). It'll be so interesting, the fact he'll be in a new movie... 22 years after he passed in 1994. What a world we live in!

I'm very keen to see this CGI Peter Cushing, assuming they can do it right (and it's ILM so I have a lot of faith they can). It'll be so interesting, the fact he'll be in a new movie... 22 years after he passed in 1994. What a world we live in!
I don't think that is confirmed. It's only a rumor.

Vader will likely have an appearance at some point, they're not going to show him in the teaser just yet.

It'll be cool if he's hinted at through the movie, and we hear every so often how terrified the Rebels are of him. He's like a looming monster essentially!! Then once at the end, when the Rebels hand over the plans to Princess Leia, and they go separate ways from the Princess, Vader arrives on their ship and ****ing MOWS THEM DOWN. Then he turns his attention to the Tantive IV and orders his men to chase after it :D

I would LOVE if the last scene of the movie is just moments before the opening of episode 4. We don't need to see an actress playing Leias face. Just her from a distance/from the back and go from there.

I don't think that is confirmed. It's only a rumor.

I'm aware, but I am still keen to see such a thing.

I would LOVE if the last scene of the movie is just moments before the opening of episode 4. We don't need to see an actress playing Leias face. Just her from a distance/from the back and go from there.

I think it will tbh! But I don't want it to show any interiors of the Tantive IV (the ship Leia is on at the beginning of Episode IV). Honestly I think it's best if it finishes with the Imperials about to begin pursuit on that ship. Then we can put on Episode IV and boom, we finally see it from the Rebels PoV :)

Last edited:
Final trailer:

Looks good but I hope Vader is in the movie more than few minutes.

I just came back from seeing this. It was so good and I might even say that it's better than The Force Awakens. I just enjoyed this more. It feels kind of bland compared to this. I liked how the movie looked and the tone was just right. Vader was awesome! I got chills like all the time. I wasn't expecting this to be this good.

Why are you bumping threads for no reason? Just to bury my Logan thread that I did before yours to the 2nd page? Not that it's a problem but it's kind of funny. :D

Rogue One was awesome. The best SW movie outside the original trilogy.

Last edited:
Why are you bumping threads for no reason? Just to bury my Logan thread that I did before yours to the 2nd page? Not that it's a problem but it's kind of funny. :D

Rogue One was awesome. The best SW movie outside the original trilogy.
I would of made a thread earlier than you but there was nothing to put on it hence why I didn't make one at first and when you made one it was the same usual complaining that you do w/ every CBM that's not from Marvel Studios. It's funny since I knew you complain yet again. So now that thats been settled, i'll be seeing ROGUE ONE on Saturday in IMAX. And as usual be sure to put a spoiler warning before you say anymore about the movie.

Last edited:
I would of made a thread earlier than you but there was nothing to put on it hence why I didn't make one at first and when you made one it was the same usual complaining that you do w/ every CBM that's not from Marvel Studios. It's funny since I knew you complain yet again.

What are you talking about? Marvel has many bad movies and I'm excited about Logan. Also if I would complain that is not a reason to make a duplicate thread. Isn't that kind of childish? People have opinions and you should respect them.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? Marvel has many bad movies and I'm excited about Logan. Also if I would complain that is not a reason to make a duplicate thread. Isn't that kind of childish? People have opinions.
You could of fooled me with how much you praise marvel. It's childish to make when I read MCU fans cheering for Marvel films that Marvel Studios doesn't own for them to fail so they can go to Marvel Studios. I've seen so many stupid comments from MCU bots. With all that said, this conversation is over. Next time I comment in here is for ROGUE ONE.

You could of fooled me with how much you praise marvel. It's childish to make when I read MCU fans cheering for Marvel films that Marvel Studios doesn't own for them to fail so they can go to Marvel Studios. I've seen so many stupid comments from MCU bots. With all that said, this conversation is over. Next time I comment in here is for ROGUE ONE.

So you have some grudge towards me because I happen to like some of the MCU movies.
rolleyes2.gif
I hope that X-Men movies will continue to succeed. I don't want them to be part of MCU.

I thinking about seeing Rogue One again. It was awesome. Here is a great review:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/13/13869428/rogue-one-star-wars-story-review

I don't recommend reading about the movie before seeing it so you don't get spoiled.

Last edited:
I really liked it, 4/5 from me. I much preferred the last hour over the first, and the final 5 minutes? Holy. Shit. F**k. When those Rebels were trapped in the airlock, and a sudden breathing filled the air before a blood red lightsaber illuminated the room... God. I'd pay again just for that scene.

Rogue One also has some of the best CGI I've ever seen when it comes to Tarkin and Leia too (when Leia appeared, there was a good number of people - alongside me - in the crowd who exclaimed loudly). To describe it in a ginormous understatement, it is insanely difficult to get humans right in CGI. They're the hardest thing to perfect but I thought ILM did an incredible job. I've read a number of comments online of moviegoers who were unfamiliar with Peter Cushing and/or his death, thinking it was a real actor! It's crazy the level we're getting too.

An issue I had was with Darth Vader's portrayal actually. I wish Hayden Christensen played him, like he did in Revenge of the Sith. The new actor doesn't move at all like Darth Vader did in the originals, unlike Christensen who went out of his way to micmic some of Vader's characteristics in his performance of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. The suit felt off as well... and that pun that Vader delivered when he force choked Krennic? Jesus Christ, completely un-Vader like. It was nice to see him return to form at the end though! God I've always wanted to see a scene where Vader just ****ing slaughters everyone left, right and centre.

I definitely preferred The Force Awakens but really enjoyed this too, I watched A New Hope not too long after and it was really great seeing how it fit in with the original.

Spoilers!

An issue I had was with Darth Vader's portrayal actually. I wish Hayden Christensen played him, like he did in Revenge of the Sith. The new actor doesn't move at all like Darth Vader did in the originals, unlike Christensen who went out of his way to micmic some of Vader's characteristics in his performance of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. The suit felt off as well... and that pun that Vader delivered when he force choked Krennic? Jesus Christ, completely un-Vader like. It was nice to see him return to form at the end though! God I've always wanted to see a scene where Vader just ****ing slaughters everyone left, right and centre.
I think Vader's suit was really well done. The helmet wasn't polished and the eyes were reddish just like in the 1977 Star Wars. Also I liked that pun he delivered. It reminded me of the "Apology accepted Captain Needa" line from The Empire Strikes Back.

Spoilers!

I think Vader's suit was really well done. The helmet wasn't polished and the eyes were reddish just like in the 1977 Star Wars. Also I liked that pun he delivered. It reminded me of the "Apology accepted Captain Needa" line from The Empire Strikes Back.

I did like the red eyes actually! There is a brief point during the Battle of Yavin in A New Hope where you can actually see Vader's eyes through the red eyes.

That's a good point on the Captain Needa line. Maybe it was the delivery of the "choke" line that made it feel off? I dunno, I'll give that line another chance when I see it again in the next week or two, thanks :)

I liked the film but didn't love it. Had some pacing issues, not many interesting characters but I did like Felicity Jones, Donnie Yen and K-2SO Vader scenes were great and gave me chills plus the action was pretty cool especially in the 3rd act.

Last edited:
This was really good. I would be one who would say I even liked it more than The Force Awakens and I loved The Force Awakens. The battle on Scarif was amazing. Yeah, I would say Star Wars is in good hands with Disney. I now wait for the next film. :)

Back