Michael's special concert demands?

lotrmj

Proud Member
Hi,

Wherever I read an article about foreign band coming to my country, I see these crazy absurd demands like 1000 roses in bedroom or 100 bottles of local bear in backstage or something like that. Did Michael have any special demands?

Sorry if it was asked and discussed recently.

Back in the late 80s when all my sources about MJ were teen bopper mags and tabloids, I used to read gossip about how he only bathed in Evian mineral water so a huge amount of Evian had to be delivered to his room. But it was just one another crazy rumour. I mean I can believe he drank Evian, but not that he bathed in it. LOL.

Back in the late 80s when all my sources about MJ were teen bopper mags and tabloids, I used to read gossip about how he only bathed in Evian mineral water so a huge amount of Evian had to be delivered to his room. But it was just one another crazy rumour. I mean I can believe he drank Evian, but not that he bathed in it. LOL.

:lol: I remember that story as well back in the early 90s. Time sure flies by, right? :p And btw of the wide range of uses people actually have for drinkin' potions you guys wouldn't believe the kind of headlines I've stumbled upon earlier today. Oh, dear.............:ph34r:

OF COURSE Michael probably had things he'd request.
Every artist has a tour rider. Some are more particular than others.
If you have the money, why not?

Some people request reasonable things (clean towels, certain drinks, keeping rooms at certain temperatures, etc. It's all about keeping the talent and staff comfortable.)

I'm sure MJ had a laundry list and was very high maintenance, to be honest. But whatever. He had the clout to request this stuff.

Here's Janets tour rider for her 2011 Number Ones tour, for example (these are things created at the start of the tour and given to every venue staff so they can accommodate the artist and their crew)

2janetjacksonrider2011.jpg

3janetjacksonrider2011.jpg

If we are to believe the trash the tabloids print, than...in 2009 it is said that Michael was to perform on the birthday party of a Russian oligarch. He demanded: 9 doctors, 11 Gourmet cooks, 1000+ bottles of Bling water and 6 physiotherapists :smilerolleyes:

^^haha. Believe it or not, that bathing in Evian water story started in the Wiz days.

Was probably good advertisement for Evian. :p

I haven't seen any tour riders for Michael, but I remember once reading a similar list for Michael about what to give him on air planes.

I seem to recall an old thread about a rug that had been ordered by MJ to go in his dressing room at the O2, so I'm guessing he also (like Janet) had 'lounge furniture' requirements. I'm imagining a 'dressing suite' rather than a dressing 'room'!

I seem to recall an old thread about a rug that had been ordered by MJ to go in his dressing room at the O2, so I'm guessing he also (like Janet) had 'lounge furniture' requirements. I'm imagining a 'dressing suite' rather than a dressing 'room'!

when I read that list of Janet's I thought it was about hotel rooms :eek:

Back