Legendary Artist David Bowie Dies (cancer)

I am so shocked.

I didn't know he had cancer. I follow his FB account and his latest album was released only a couple of days ago.

Rest in peace.

Absolutely gutted:-(
Birthday on Friday, released album on Friday and now gone:cry:

RIP David, There's a starman waiting in the sky..........

I am so sadden by this. May you rest in peace David. We all can be heroes just for one day.

i was shocked today, couldn't believe it... listened to his new album couple days before.

RIP David.

Wow, wasn't expecting to wake up to this news today. Shocking and sad. Rest in peace.

It's a huge loss for the music community. I don't think people realize what a fantastic musician he was, dude could play well over 30 instruments alone, as well as writing songs, he was an incredible inspiration and influence!! Plus, he was also a very smart businessman. I think he was absolutely brilliant, very wide in his music, always trying to create new stuff, not just rehashing the same old crap. Didn't he also do the "moonwalk" before MJ? :p That's quite funny actually. Shame he could never do a CD with MJ, that would of been a real masterpiece for sure!

Absolutely heartbroken. Bowie has always been one of my favourite artists and absolute heroes. There isnt a genre that he hasnt touched. The catalogue he's left behind him is second to none.

Listening to his last album Blackstar gives me great comfort knowing that he died with his artistic integrity unblemished with a fantastic album.

A thank you, to the Thin White Duke.

77f9167f7b81faacb461f492988813bd.jpg

I wish I could find right words to express my gratitude to the man and his music...

R.I.P. David.

Everyone I IMPLORE you to buy, stream or listen to Blackstar. It is music that defines what an artist is and can do.

Christ today is a terrible terrible day.

RIP, David Bowie! I was saddened by the news (coming in the light of his great new album).

absolutely in shock to hear this sad news :( I can't believe it :no: going to miss him a lot

• [h=1]parisjackson ****. i'm truly speechless right now. i love you with all of my heart. your music has powered me for years and taught me so much. i can't even comprehend the news i've heard. your soul was too beautiful for earth. the world will be much dimmer without you. rest in peace.[/h]
Madonna ✔ @MadonnaTalented . Unique. Genius. Game Changer. The Man who Fell to Earth. Your Spirit Lives on Forever!
1f64f-1f3fb.png
2764.png
#rebelheart
<time class="dt-updated" datetime="2016-01-11T09:01:59+0000" pubdate="" title="Time posted: 11 Jan 2016, 09:01:59 (UTC)">10:01 AM - 11 Jan 2016</time>

Pharrell Williams &#10004; @PharrellDavid Bowie was a true innovator, a true creative. May he rest in peace
1f596-1f3fe.png
#RIPDavidBowie

David Cameron &#10004; @David_Cameron
I grew up listening to and watching the pop genius David Bowie. He was a master of re-invention, who kept getting it right. A huge loss.

LINDA PERRY &#10004; @RealLindaPerry
Oh this is terrible news. We lost an extremely important and influential artist. David Bowie has been a huge inspiration and will be missed.

josh groban &#10004; @joshgroban
He never seemed of this earth. Now he's left it. He bent rules, gender, genres, and our minds. RIP David Bowie. One. Of. A. Kind.

Al Yankovic &#10004; @alyankovic
I feel like the wind has been knocked out of me - I was not ready for this. RIP Bowie.

KANYE WEST &#10004; @kanyewest
David Bowie was one of my most important inspirations, so fearless, so creative, he gave us magic for a lifetime.

Billy Idol &#10004; @BillyIdol Nearly brought to tears by sudden news of @DavidBowieReal David Bowie's passing RIP

Foo Fighters &#10004; @foofighters Rest in peace, David.

The Weeknd &#10004; @theweeknd
rest in peace David Bowie .

Brian Eno @dark_shark
Words cannot express: RIP David Bowie http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/david-bowie-dead-legendary-artist-854364 &#8230;

ADAM LAMBERT &#10004; @adamlambert
Bowie was one of the bravest artists of the century. A true Icon

David Bowie's last release, Lazarus, was 'parting gift' for fans in carefully planned finale

The producer of Blackstar confirms David Bowie had planned his poignant final message, and videos and lyrics show how he approached his death

david-bowie-blacks_3530005b.jpg

By Hannah Furness, Arts Correspondent

12:30PM GMT 11 Jan 2016

David Bowie
's final record was a carefully-orchestrated farewell to his fans, his producer has confirmed.

Lazarus, released on his 69th birthday just two days before his death, opens with the lyrics: "Look up here, I'm in Heaven!"

Its video, which will be viewed in a very different light by millions of fans today, features the musician in a hospital bed, and finishes with him retreating in to a dark closet.

bowie_blackstar_3544020b.jpg
David Bowie in the video for Blackstar

Tony Visconti,the producer who worked with Bowie to complete his final album, has released a statement saying it was deliberately created and timed as a "parting gift" for his fans.

In a statement on his Facebook page, he said: "He always did what he wanted to do. And he wanted to do it his way and he wanted to do it the best way.
"His death was no different from his life - a work of Art.

"He made Blackstar for us, his parting gift.
"I knew for a year this was the way it would be. I wasn't, however, prepared for it.
"He was an extraordinary man, full of love and life. He will always be with us.
bowie-8_3545971b.jpg
David Bowie performing in Paris in 2002 Photo: EPA PHOTO AFP/BERTRAND GUAY
"For now, it is appropriate to cry."
Visconti has previously spoken of creating the album, which was recorded in just three sessions over the course of three months at the beginning of 2015.
It now appears the singer and those closest to him arranged its release at the end of his life, after 18 months of living with cancer.
ziggymakeup_3545973b.jpg
David Bowie applying his Ziggy Stardust makeup in May 1973
Music videos for Blackstar and Lazarus both feature a skull motif, with lyrics that will now be read and re-read by fans.
_Blackstar__video_3546076b.jpg
'Blackstar' Photo: David Bowie/Youtube
The title of Lazarus refers to the biblical character who was raised from the dead four days after he died by Jesus.
_Blackstar__3546083b.jpg
'Blackstar' Photo: David Bowie/Youtube
The singer's 25th studio album, which features seven tracks, was the first that did not feature his photo on the cover but instead a black star.
The Telegraph has already given the album five stars, calling it "extraordinary".

[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/12092542/Bowies-last-album-was-parting-gift-for-fans-in-carefully-planned-finale.html

[/URL]

David Bowie's last release, Lazarus, was 'parting gift' for fans in carefully planned finale

[/B][/URL]

I watched that video a few hours ago and must say it is pure Bowie, albeit chilling.

In my opinion, he was one of the most unique artists out there.

I swear to god, I have been listening to the album non stop since it leaked last sunday/monday and now it is a completely different album to me.

The fact he created this amazing album is his dying days speaks volumes of the artist and the man.

"Something happened on the day he died,
His spirit rose a metre and stepped aside,
Somebody else took his place and bravely cried
I'm a blackstar, I'm a blackstar..."

Rest In Peace. Prayers and condolences to his family. I'm not familiar with his work and his music so I'm not overly sad or shocked. I don't know any of his songs that I can think of except duets with Queen and Jagger. But still.. I heard that he was a great artist. RIP.

Parting gift to his fans. Ok, now I'm tearing up. What an amazing artist -- I had the good fortune to see him in concert several times. RIP.

David Bowie was one of the greats and one of the most unique artists of his time. Rest in Peace. He will definitely be missed.

I'm shocked. One of my favourite artists... RIP David.

Rest In Peace. Prayers and condolences to his family. I'm not familiar with his work and his music so I'm not overly sad or shocked. I don't know any of his songs that I can think of except duets with Queen and Jagger. But still.. I heard that he was a great artist. RIP.
you should definitely check out his work!

According to this article MJ and Al Green taught Bowie the robot. LOL. Last paragraph.

tito-and-deedee-host-a-party.jpg

Saw it earlier this morning... I'm still in shock, it's just like when Michael died... :(

ILoveHIStory;4127935 said:
David´s wife Iman as Nefertiti in Remember the Time:
mjiman0.jpg
Iman was also in the videos for Liberian Girl and Jermaine's Do What You Do. This picture is Tyra Banks though.

We're started the year with really huge loss of a young man still and unique musician . RIP David Bowie, God bless your soul

Back