Michael Jackson's Cousin Is Taking Legal Action To Gain Visitation Rights To See MJ's Kids

HIStory

Proud Member
By WENN in Music / Festivals on 19 January 2016

Michael Jackson's Cousin Is Taking Legal Action In A Bid To Gain Visitation Rights To See The Pop Superstar's Three Children

Anthony James Jackson II previously battled with Jackson's nephew, TJ Jackson, over guardianship of the late superstar's kids Prince, Paris, and Blanket following the singer's death in 2009.

TJ was named co-guardian of the youngsters along with Michael's mother Katherine, and Anthony's challenge was shot down by the courts.

He has now filed legal papers requesting visitation rights to the two youngest children, Paris and Blanket, according to TMZ.com.

Anthony is reportedly asking a judge to grant him regular visits with the two youngsters.

The news comes after Paris, 17, hit back at critics who condemned the teenager over her smoking habit.

The youngster, who has been pictured puffing on cigarettes, wrote in a post on Instagram.com, "I get it guys, I get it. Smoking isn't cool. I get it. Sure as hell ***** everything else in my past thought (sic). This is the last (least) bad thing I could be doing right now. Especially compared to over half the population of 17 year old girls in this country. So please chill... thought (sic) I suppose you guys would be talking s**t if i was eating a donut too so at this point there is nothing left to say. Like me or hate me. I have nothing to prove to anyone, I'm me. and I'm happy."

http://www.contactmusic.com/michael...s-cousin-wants-kids-visitation-rights_5098235

What the heck? Couldn't he just ask from Bigi and Paris if they want to see him and is that really necessary to go to court:scratch:

As for critics going after Paris' smoking, mind your own business.
I love to way she tells them off, way to go Paris:clapping: she is going to need that attitude later in her life.

Michael Jackson's cousin Let me see Paris and Blanket

Michael Jackson's cousin, Anthony James Jackson II, is so desperate to spend time with MJ's kids ... he wants the courts to order some QT with them.

AJJ filed a request for visitation with Blanket and Paris ... who are minors and currently under the guardianship of grandma Katherine and their cousin TJ.

In his docs, Anthony says he is a close family member who says he used to live with Michael and all the children. Since MJ's death, Anthony's had a rocky history with the family. Two years ago he attempted to terminate TJ and Katherine's guardianship, but got shot down in court.

This time around ... Anthony's asking the judge to grant him regularly scheduled visits.

Last edited:
Re: Michael Jackson's cousin Let me see Paris and Blanket

^^no disrespect either but we were told by mods in no uncertain terms a few months ago that NO stories from TMZ were allowed.
I pointed out that TMZ stories are now picked up by news outlets all over the world as a credible source but they still said no.

^^

I'm not aware of that. As for the tabloids (aka TMZ , Radar etc) we allowed them to be used as a source in legal matters as long as the information can be verified by the legal documents.

In other words "sources say this" aren't allowed and news that can be verified from other sources (court in this instance) was allowed.

That's how I know it.

Ok. It wasn't that long ago so I'll try to find it. It just singled out TMZ, not even Radar. (I asked).

I pointed out that TMZ is usually the first now to have people at the courthouse etc. I didn't understand the decision and I would be glad if it changed.

Edited to add: it was on 8-7-15 when I had the conversation with mods. About a story on Hayvenhurst being made into a museum.
I can't forward it to you bc I'm on a phone.

Last edited:
Get a life anthony. If he hadnt pulled that stunt about the will ages back you might actually think he was concerned about who the kids were around. Seems like nothing but a family full of agendas.

Get a life anthony. If he hadnt pulled that stunt about the will ages back you might actually think he was concerned about who the kids were around. Seems like nothing but a family full of agendas.

What stunt about will?
Do you mean the time when he claimed in his twitter that MJ's will is fake?

If I remember right Paris had a kind of argument with him on twitter or something?

I just do not understand this Paris will be 18 soon so only one left is Blanket that will be under age. I just do not see why he feel he has to do this now.

^^

I'm not aware of that. As for the tabloids (aka TMZ , Radar etc) we allowed them to be used as a source in legal matters as long as the information can be verified by the legal documents.

In other words "sources say this" aren't allowed and news that can be verified from other sources (court in this instance) was allowed.

That's how I know it.
Ivy-this is the thread when this change was made about TMZ: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...d-Be-Opened-to-Tourists?highlight=hayvenhurst

The thread was originally started from a story in TMZ and then deleted. A few days later the story was posted again, but only because it came from a Perez Hilton article (who probably got it from TMZ). About the 5th or 6th post down, you'll see a warning that TMZ articles are not permitted.

They're both theoretically tabloids, so I didn't understand why one would be banned, and the other not-unless there was a problem with MJJC and TMZ, for instance.

I also sent you the email I received from Member Services when I asked about it (PM). Maybe the rules have changed?

My only argument for using TMZ articles is that they gained this "new found" respect by the mainstream media, by being the ones who broke the news of Michael's death-it was even a story on 60 minutes how Harvey Levin has all these well placed sources-in court houses, hospitals, police stations, etc. so he pretty much gets the first scoop when a story breaks. And honestly, (even though it's irritating to me) all the big news outlets use them now as a source.

X18 or whatever its called ie randys friends broke the june 25 news

I just do not understand this Paris will be 18 soon so only one left is Blanket that will be under age. I just do not see why he feel he has to do this now.

Indeed.

The legal age for purchasing and/or smoking cigarettes is 18 years old in California (and many other US states), so the criticism is warranted. That goes for ANY teenager under 18. The same criticism was given Madonna's daughter, Lourdes when she was seen smoking at 15.

From court site

02/25/2016 at 10:30 am in department 5 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
VISITATION

From court site

02/25/2016 at 10:30 am in department 5 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
VISITATION

What does this mean? He got permission to visit them?

What stunt about will?
Do you mean the time when he claimed in his twitter that MJ's will is fake?

If I remember right Paris had a kind of argument with him on twitter or something?

Dont you remember when he and his mum went to court when all the granny napping was happening

Dont you remember when he and his mum went to court when all the granny napping was happening

Oh yes.

@Sheila

I suppose you replied my post about critics.
There are many things in America that is illegal, but people break the law everyday.

Me calling out those critics was meant to all of those thousands MJ (now Paris)fans that go after her in instagram, telling her what should she do, or not to do, or how to live her life.

Those are really sad people and should have life of their own, and not hang on everything what 17 year old girl does and try to tell hew how to live her life.

If Paris smokes, her business.
When she feels like she can manage without siggies, she'll quit, and still her business.

I so wish those fans learn to read a little better and understand what she is going through
136b37ccee3c5b695a90f974c74551a8.jpg

So this cousin stay with Michael and the kids it was mention in this thread so now he want to visit Paris and Blanket. Must be a family problem now because when Michael was alive there was no problem right?

That hearing is quick wow

I worry for her big time😯

I do too,but I hope she'll be fine - eventually.

I can imagine what does it do to her psyche that everyday there are tons of unknown people to her(claiming to be her father's fans), and telling her not to do this, not to do that, and every time she does something not "approved" by this people, they are first ones to point out her mistakes.

People just should try to step on her shoes for a minute. Even if it is just a teenage problems, to us it may be something to laugh off, but to her they are real.
I don't know what else to say, it is just so weird these people hanging on teenagers instagram judging her day in day out:-(

Oh yes.

@Sheila

There are many things in America that is illegal, but people break the law everyday.

Me calling out those critics was meant to all of those thousands MJ (now Paris)fans that go after her in instagram, telling her what should she do, or not to do, or how to live her life.

Those are really sad people and should have life of their own, and not hang on everything what 17 year old girl does and try to tell hew how to live her life.

When she feels like she can manage without siggies, she'll quit, and still her business.

I so wish those fans learn to read a little better and understand what she is going through

I had a feel this was coming you are so right Bubs that why TJ should have been watching more careful Paris should have not had that many ppls following her and from the tone of these words she is more then likely listening to them. Right now Paris is a very angry young teenage. I pray that she be careful there are not nice ppls out there.

From probate notes

SUMMARY:
Petnr is family member
Self represented
Atty Anthony James Jackson II

FACTS: Petnr alleges that he is a close family member of Michael Jackson's children and sees court ordered visitation.

OTHER CASES: n/a

MATTERS TO CLEAR:
A. No 15-day ntc of hrg (minors, guardians, GAL, attorneys). POS is insufficient. Ntc of Hrg on mandatory JC Form DE-120 is reqd.
B. What is Petnr's relationship to the minors? Supp reqd
C. What is the proposed visitation schedule? Petn is unclear. Supp reqd.
D. Do the Co-guardians consent to the requested visitation? Supp reqd.

RELIEF:
1. JTD court ordered visitation

PA COMMENTS: Defer pending supp

---------------------------------------

Oh yes.

@Sheila

That's a weak response (to be honest) and a foolish one. While it is sad that some people transfer their Mike fandom onto his kids (you seem to be one of them, if I'm not mistaken) that doesn't take away the FACT that what she (or any underage smoker/drinker) is doing is not only illegal, it's harmful health-wise. Cheerleading it just because she's Mike's daughter doesn't absolve that truth.

There are also repercussions to breaking the law, celebrity kid or not.

That's a weak response (to be honest) and a foolish one. While it is sad that some people transfer their Mike fandom onto his kids (you seem to be one of them, if I'm not mistaken) that doesn't take away the FACT that what she (or any underage smoker/drinker) is doing is not only illegal, it's harmful health-wise. Cheerleading it just because she's Mike's daughter doesn't absolve that truth.

There are also repercussions to breaking the law, celebrity kid or not.

That's all true but Paris is not that different from other almost 18-year-olds out there. Plenty of them smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol even though they shouldn't. I don't think we should blow this out of proportion or judge her too harshly for it. Just let the girl live her life and allow her to make mistakes as all teenagers do. Having people tell her every 5 seconds that her father would be sooo disappointed in her is way more harmful to her health than any substance could be.

so by the time this is finished likely the youngest will be the only 'child' under the age of 18.. just strange time to do this - family drama!

That's all true but Paris is not that different from other almost 18-year-olds out there. Plenty of them smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol even though they shouldn't. I don't think we should blow this out of proportion or judge her too harshly for it. Just let the girl live her life and allow her to make mistakes as all teenagers do. Having people tell her every 5 seconds that her father would be sooo disappointed in her is way more harmful to her health than any substance could be.

Who is "blowing it out of proportion"? You got me mixed up with someone else. First of all, I don't use Twitter and if I decided to I wouldn't be following a child (unless I was related to them or they're an actor in a show I watch). I pointed out that underage drinking/smoking is illegal in this country in response to those that think it's some sort of rebellious cool because she's Mike's daughter. Free will, but you're not sticking it to the naysayers by poisoning yourself, lol!

Back