Rank the slow tempo songs from Dangerous, HIStory and Invincible

MJInTheMirror

Proud Member
A few months ago there was a thread to rank the uptempo tracks from these three albums, so I thought it would be cool to rank the slow ones. Not all of them are slow songs really (For example, Give In To Me), but those aren't fast either so it could be fitting to include them here

1. Give In To Me
2. Will You Be There
3. Stranger In Moscow
4. Who Is It
5. Earth Song
6. Whatever Happens
7. Don't Walk Away
8. Keep The Faith
9. Heaven Can Wait
10. Break Of Dawn
11. History
12. Heal The World
13. Speechless
14. Butterflies
15. Little Susie
16. Smile
17. Gone Too Soon
18. You Are Not Alone
19. Childhood
20. Cry
21. The Lost Children
22. You Are My Life

The songs in the 2,3,4 and 5 spots may vary, and I haven't heard Little Susie enough (probably half a dozen times or a little bit more) because the intro always freaked me out as a kid, but I'm getting there and I really like Mike's vocals, so over time it might go up, also, the song is so sad! probably one of the saddest songs from him.

Last edited:
I will try to rank the ones I know well, as the Invincible tracks are not that familiar with me yet.

1. You are not alone - Just beautiful and heartfelt
2. Who is it
3. Give in to me
4. Will you be there (The gospel feel is great)
4a - Do you know where your children are (The original recording of this song is around Dangerous time)
5. Stranger in Moscow
6. Heal the world
7. Keep the faith
8. Cry
9. Gone too soon (Really grown on me lately)
10. Butterflies
11. Smile
12. History
13. The Lost children
14. Earth Song
15. Little susie
16. Childhood

The top 5 are pretty much interchangeable, ratings 1 - 5 = 10/10 6 - 10 9/10, 11 - 14 8/10 15. - 6/10 16. 4/10

Last edited:
I'm not sure I would say Give In To Me or Who Is It are slow tempo.

GITM in particular soars into multiple crescendos and climaxes with a massive ending with gigantic vocals only matched by Slash's enormous solo.

Also, at least half of Earth Song is equally as massive with a swooping gospels crescendo that is th antithesis of slow or mid tempo.

I'm not sure I would say Give In To Me or Who Is It are slow tempo.

GITM in particular soars into multiple crescendos and climaxes with a massive ending with gigantic vocals only matched by Slash's enormous solo.

Also, at least half of Earth Song is equally as massive with a swooping gospels crescendo that is th antithesis of slow or mid tempo.

I know and I agree, but those songs weren't in the up tempo list, so I thought I would list them here

Back